Ogor/Destruction Plog

Ademo

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @Double Misfire the wood isv simple, dryad bark, wash with agrax then lines of gorthor brown and lastle lines of baneblade, add a few little knots to the lines etc and that's it really.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Time to get squiggy with it! My manglers arrived, hooray! I decided that I wanted the option of usinv them stacked or as individuals, so set about devising a way to make it so! After some attempts and failure with magnets (top squig spun) I took a break and put my brain in gear. After much head scratching I decided lego was the way to go!
20780efb9dff95574d4af698969a6f74.jpgfc1f6855824205a271bcac84936c2e6c.jpgc6a47803321dd10d0d3950a227024670.jpg
So, I whittled down a hole block and added a peg to the leg of the top squig. Unfortunately it wasnt possible to get it flush with the mini and have a secure peg to leg attachment. So I added greenstuff to maybe simulate a tubby goblin and will bend the claws to cover it up further, possibly gore-ing it up slightly too! I will then also need to make a seperate base with hole block that the squig can be slotted in to if I choose to use 2 in a game.

In this event, I will also make an extra peg belly/hatch to cover the hole, perhaps with a spear pinning the gobbo to the squig (and also acting as a little handle)

Not been up to loads unfortunately due to real life and attending the UK Nintendo Switch event (which was brilliantly fun). But I did have some post! Some skullpass moonclan archers (20) which are just taking a nice dettol bath! I do love grots and it will be nice to have some ranged attack...even if it is weedy!
c22b66bad3e8f5315d4b37ea541661e1.jpg

Wet few days has stopped spraying so I took the plunge to enhance the basing and bring them more in to line with my undead. I really like the effect, makes the army feel more like a deep wood army than plains with random mushrooms...
974f2d1fe1e0eca955a3cd65ac31ca77.jpg741cce1f3dd7b860bbdebbfb2972d9d6.jpg
Still some tidying to be done - the downside to applyinv grass after bushes and tufts is that it gets stuck in them so when all is dry I will go back with a damp brush and pick up the offending strands. Also some of the leaf litter will beshaken off once the pva dries.

I started painting up my squig herd! Most are the old gnarly variety gufted to me from a mate! They aren't all to my taste mini wise but this warboss never sniffs at a freebie! I added in a few of the newer style that I recently picked up alongside some herders51ccfc0c5d561efa467899523480fadd.jpg
I have mostly completed the moddeling aspects of the mangler, just need to create the afore mentioned hatch to plug the whole on lower squig when they are being used seperately.
545a967fcb7fcea057bcfeaab8ba9acc.jpg

1 hour ago, Ademo said:

I started painting up my squig herd! Most are the old gnarly variety gufted to me from a mate! They aren't all to my taste mini wise but this warboss never sniffs at a freebie! I added in a few of the newer style that I recently picked up alongside some herders51ccfc0c5d561efa467899523480fadd.jpg
I have mostly completed the moddeling aspects of the mangler, just need to create the afore mentioned hatch to plug the whole on lower squig when they are being used seperately.
545a967fcb7fcea057bcfeaab8ba9acc.jpg

Great progress fella, for Squigmar!

c10270cff74448ab92e8cb1cea69c9b1.jpg
a221eef44b2279644889572ef3d29c88.jpg
And the crazy cave squigs are done! The first shot is the completed unit but 2nd shot gives a better idea of colours and was taken before adding basing materials..I rather fancy making a massive herd of them in the future! They took a fair bit of time to complete as where the colours differ I could only really do mini batches and those teeth...across 10 minis it feels like hundreds!! But great fun to paint overall and I gained a new appreciation for the older sculps which are deceptively packed with detail.

I will be looking to get on to manglers soon but need some help/opinions... I want them the be different colours but which 2 would sit well together as it will be able to be used stacked and as individuals - all ideas welcome!

In other news - my team, The Ostwald Owlbears, won our local bloodbowl league with a 1-0 win against orcs in the finals! The team had a real Cinderella story, placing near the bottom of the league but smashing it out the park in the wildcard round and knockout stages. Given that I started as a newbie to the game, I definitely feel my skill level increased over the course of the league.

Here are some of the stars with the winners' trophy - there is an ogre so at least it's roughly destruction related...

6c6ed79cdccb60661ef33ee3f6705ccc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A rather chaotic mix of projects on the go! Which suits da gobbos down to the ground! We have 20 archers, dettolled and scrubbed.
f18276ff0944eec292d906d297b3f7de.jpg
Next up a doom diver! I will of course give it a moonclan twist! I'm thinking squig ammo! As well as some fun crew conversions! I'm wondering about base size though! This is the same size as mournfang/gargant but it would mean the crew based seperately. Wondering whether to go bigger so the crew fit too or whether this will become unwieldy - especially as I plan to have 2!
d123bcdb365ce3c16d76a0b86f99878d.jpg
Finally - I gave one mangler a base coat...it's a start! Still not 100% on what colour the second will be.
b5b57d6d1133477da96c71b36ba60b34.jpg

Started work on the doom diver conversion - using a fanatic mini that I was given when I bought some squigs! I am going to make 1 more crewman so that 4 are represented, this will be a moonclanned version of the original hammer crewman32e79ff2e3a652374bfa5af5205d4c66.jpg
Also continuing my squig obsession, got a right bargain on these:
2ba95df645b5706df61b6144019b2b26.jpg

f601bab37224fd234bde73e6ff579ef3.jpg I've done some more work on the doom diver! Converted the hammer crewman into a night gobbo and have been repositioning the squig legs to allow it to fit in the cradle of the catapult. I still have some filling to do around the legs but I'm wonderimg if I should try to add some form of wings to the squig (maybe comically small ones?) to tie it to the original model or whether that would be overkill?

Archived