'Competitive' Ironjawz

Malakithe

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see that yeah. But from a wording stand point it says a unit is 5 or more. And then it says the leader of the unit is a boss. It also says 1 in every 5 can include a gore-hacka. 

So from my interpretation there is only one boss but can have up to 2 special weapons.

The wording for the Brute warsrolls clear, there is a leader for a "unit". This means whether its 5 guys or 100 guys, there is only one. Kinda like highlander, but a lot greener ;) Also about the cost thing, you don't pay points for special units upgrades but it specifically says you can have x per x models, you cant break that rule and if it says there is "a" leader then you are restricted to one no matter unit size.

Ok so I have 2x5 brutes, 1x3 gruntas, gordrakk, a warchanter and 10 are boys. Got a gargant coming as well. 

If you could fill in the gaps with anything in the destruction lineup what would it be?  To be as competitive as possible. Need at least 2 more battle line units. Gargant is optional. Just getting it for a hobby purpose. 

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, Malakithe said:

I can see that yeah. But from a wording stand point it says a unit is 5 or more. And then it says the leader of the unit is a boss. It also says 1 in every 5 can include a gore-hacka. 

So from my interpretation there is only one boss but can have up to 2 special weapons.

Yup this is right.

5 Brutes - 1 Boss, 1 Gore-Hacka

10 Brutes - 1 Boss, 2 Gore-Hackas

15 Brutes - 1 Boss, 3 Gore-Hackas

You get the idea...

51 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Yup this is right.

5 Brutes - 1 Boss, 1 Gore-Hacka

10 Brutes - 1 Boss, 2 Gore-Hackas

15 Brutes - 1 Boss, 3 Gore-Hackas

You get the idea...

You seem to be the one here who has played the most high points games with ironjawz units. What would you buff them with from destruction in generals handbook to be at least competitive. 

I have pretty much one of everything that the ironjawz have and it cost me a lot of cash lol. Sitting at around 1100 to 1300 is points depending on what I take. How would you fill that out to not be a walk over. Doesn't need to be op, just to get a good game. 

Ironjawz can't be open ever since we don't have crazy mortal wound spamming. For me I'm building an ironfist now for 2k.

Gordrakk 

Weirdnob 

Warchanter 

Megaboss on foot 

3×5 brutes w/dual weps

1×10 brutes w/2h weps

Battalion cost of 60 and that's 2000 even

The idea is straightforward. With the two extra moves during the hero phase the battalion can get a minimum of 6" move or 8" if the command traits is taken. With a max of 18". Super fast brutes. Of course it has to move in a close mob except for gordrakk who does what he wants. Depending on what's going on you pop his ability on himself to murder stuff or on the brutes for a giant mob of 'wtf just happend'

Ye kinda settling on pure ironjawz not working on the tournament scene from what people are saying. 

It seems to be too all in to work consistently. 

Things that have caught my eye is adding a stonehorn someone suggested to me and maybe filling out the battle line requirements with savage boarboys if they are battle line units. Just need to see those pages of the book or for an experienced tournament gamer to chip in so I have an idea of what to buy.. Lol. 

Well I only have these models but also 2 unbuilt thundertusks. So for me I literally have no choice but to go full ironjawz since I don't have any battleline units.  

If allegiance worked different other then keyword based it would be fine. I'm hoping the ironjawz abilities, when they come out, are good enough to make them work

15 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

The thing with pure ironjawz is they just lack variety - you get two infantry, one cav, 3 characters, and 1 monster/character. Compare it to destruction's catalogue and you're missing out on loads.

Do you know if the savage boarboys are battle line? And how much they cost? 

Ye, been looking through a lot of images but no bonespliterz pages. Can see the title in one of them but no points values. 

Going to my local GW on Thursday so will just look through it then. Had a look last week but didn't check! 

Seems like very little is battle line these days haha. 

Look at the beast claw raiders for example. They have no battle line options at all unless the entire force is beast claw. Meaning they would have to take something else from another book. 

At least ironjawz get ardboys. 

Edit** 

So the only destruction battle line units are savage orruks, orruks, grots or ogres. 

If you want a mixed destruction army, you need at least 3 of the above. Ranged variants are not battle line. 

Archived