'Competitive' Ironjawz

Malakithe

7 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@KnightFire - SCGT or otherwise, I will always go with Talisman on the Cabbage, a model of that level of points investment needs all the protection it can get. The exception would be if you were picking artefacts each game and came across another army with a poor mortal wounds output...like...uh...Ironjawz! :( 

Aren't a lot of the "narrative hijack" things just tertiary objectives that don't score? May as well try for the actual mission objectives/agendas IMO...some of those battleplans have a pretty "narrative" feel (sidenote; I'm not even sure what the word narrative means in AoS anymore haha!! Potential podcast topic there hhhmm)

Anyway man, you're gonna have a blast regardless! Let's make sure we catch up with each other.

It sounds like he already is lucky if he's not facing mortal wounds!!!! :D

Aww, but smashing things is so fun. I might go back to the Talisman then, will mean printing out new army lists, but I can take both and decide after some practice games tomorrow.

The narrative hijack are kind of tertiary objectives that don't score, together with personal objectives that also dont score. I think "what is narrative" would be a great podcast topic, especially if you can have a discussion with one or more NEOs about it. I posted on the narrative hijack about what my thoughts are on narrative, but for me its about thinking a bit more about the goals and objectives of the personalities in your army, and sharing in their joys and moments of sadness as the battle progresses.  To me, a big part of it comes from wanting to have things to play for in games where I know I won't otherwise take part, and being able to make a story out of it and have some fun. The fact that the scenarios have a narrative running through them is what makes SCGT so great.

Ill look you out over the weekend and let you know how I am getting on.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need advice. I have been playing Ironjawz since the beginning but the truth is I am not very experienced. For various reasons I dont have to many games "under my belt". Next week I v got a local event coming for 1500 pts. We gonna play:

1: Border War
2: Three Places of Power
3: Gifts from the Heavens

Here is waht I am planning to take:

Megaboss (battlebrew)

Weirdnob shaman (ToP)

Warchanter

10x Brutes (gore-hackas) (general here)

5x Brutes (2 choppas)

10x Ardboyz

3x gruntas

3x gruntas

IRONFIST

---------------------------------------

What you guys think? To be honest I don't have much more minis to change/play with that list. What I have is 10 more ardboyz and Megaboss on maw-crusha.

I will appreciate any suggestions...

Played a 2k practice game for a upcoming tournament. I played s mixed destruction list and tried a unit of 15 brutes with one of em beeing my general. The general had battlebrew: what can I say. The unit didn't dissapoint in regards to killing power and it felt a little unusuall to have the general in the unit. It felt safe but I did a mistake trying to claim an objective with him. Didn't think about him not beeing a hero as he was my general. I also had a warchanter hanging in the back buffing. Lost the game but did some moves intentional wrong just to test the units etc. played against a skaven army with lots of weapon teams and three large 40 man units buffed to the teeths. 

12 hours ago, Jesper77 said:

Played a 2k practice game for a upcoming tournament. I played s mixed destruction list and tried a unit of 15 brutes with one of em beeing my general. The general had battlebrew: what can I say. The unit didn't dissapoint in regards to killing power and it felt a little unusuall to have the general in the unit. It felt safe but I did a mistake trying to claim an objective with him. Didn't think about him not beeing a hero as he was my general. I also had a warchanter hanging in the back buffing. Lost the game but did some moves intentional wrong just to test the units etc. played against a skaven army with lots of weapon teams and three large 40 man units buffed to the teeths. 

I am afraid you are not allowed to give item like battlebrew to non character model, even if he is a general.

Hey guys! Long-time lurker here and I decided to register to give you a heads up about a 1500 pt tournament in the Montreal QC Canada area. I played a three-game singles tourny. First, the restrictions, then my list:

Even if it's at 1000pts and above, we could only have three heroes, two behemoths and two artilleries. Can't use faction-specific equipment or command traits, must use generic order/chaos/death/destruction abilities from GHB.

• Megaboss, Battlebrew, Trait that rolls 1d6" and hands out a +1 to hit to that unit (sorry don't remember name)
  • Warchanter
  • Weirdnob Shaman
  • 10 brutes with 2" reach, 2x gore and klaw boss
  • 5 brutes with 1" reach one extra attack, 1x gore and klaw boss
  • 3 gore gruntas
  • 2x 10 ardboyz (two banners, as many great weapons as possible)
  • Ironfist Battallion that lets me move 1d6" more for my non character units

Let me give a small recap.

Game 1 against Ogors.

His list (softest list I faced that day)

• Tyrant with dual weapons and brace of pistols
  • 2x1 gorgers that deploy behind my lines
  • 1x ogor wizard that is harder to kill than the weirdnob
  • 1x sky cannon chariot
  • 2x6 ogors with full command and ironfists (inflict a mortal wound on a save roll of 6)
  • 1x6 ironguts with the once-per-game banner

Scenario

This was a very easy list to fight, because the scenario had three objectives in the center line between our hammer and anvil deployment. Atop the middle ziggurat was an objective that could be only claimed by heroes. Every turn before rolling initiative we could decide which two of the three objectives we would be doing: kill points (completely destroy a unit), side objectives (have models within 6", a single enemy model can contest) or center objective (only claimed by heroes).

When you choose the given objective you can get 1 or 3 points. For the middle objective: score 1 pt if you have 1-2 heroes, score 3pts if you hold it with three heroes (note that army composition meant you needed all your heroes alive and present to do this!). The other two objectives (12" from either side in the center 12" from each deployment line) gave out 1 pt if you held one, or 3pts if you held both. Kill points gave 1pt if you killed 1-2 units, 3 if you killed 3+.

Accumulate and track points over the 5 turns, the one who has the most points scores 8/20 for the hero & side objective markers and 8/20 pts for the kill point category (a tie in a category means that the players split 4-4). Then there's first blood, slay the warlord, titan killer (kill most-pointed unit) and line breaker, giving 1 pt each for a neat potential total of 20 points.

Game breakdown

I finish deploying first, letting him have first turn. He moves up cautiously, keeping the wizard, chariot and ironguts in reserve while the ogors and the tyrant move upfront to occupy the side objectives. His gorgers successfully deploy (and fail to charge) in my backfield.

On my turn 1, I pop my megaboss command ability, rolling a 6 so two bonus attacks for EVERY ONE! I fail at buffing my armor for the 10 brutes.
The gorgers bait my 5-man unit of brutes backwards (I shouldn't have done this but it netted me two kill points...) I wanted to keep my general within 10" for the brute buff but later during combat I realized it was only 5" range so I couldn't reroll 1s. I move up & charge & kill two gorgers (using just the gorechoppa and champion, no need for the other 3 brutes!), I move up a WHOLE lot thanks to the Destruction ability and the ironfist. I hard engage the two ogor units on either flank, and with the charge distance and pile in moves I am able to engage the tyrant with the klaw boss, one gorechoppa and two regular guys, giving me enough rend 1/2 to chew through the high number of wounds and good saves that he had.

I get: slay the general, first blood, two kill points and both objectives are contested so no one gets points for those.

This scenario forced even his sky cannon to move forward and shoot & charge on turn 2, because his ogors could not hold back combo charges of brutes, ardboys and gore gruntas on one flank. So he gave +1 saves to his ironguts, because an ogor had fled thanks to failed battleshock he was able to DOWN TO THE IRONGUTS (reroll 1s to hit, to wound and on saves!). He brings up his death star against my heavy flank, chewing through a lot of brutes. On this side the ogor unit got down to one last guy with one wound so I was not able to get the kill point and he was STILL contesting this side's objective.

The 10 ardboys against 6 ogors on the other side was a relatively stalemate matchup (he ended up with 2 ogors alive when eliminating my last ardboys through failed bravery tests; letting me enough time to reinforce that flank with the small 5 brute unit that had finished fighting the gorgers at about turn 3... I combo charge his wizard on the ziggurat with my three characters--just the megaboss with brew was enough to kill it. Turn 4 I claim the center objective with my three heroes while still buffing my army with bonuses.

He is tabled on turn 4, I mention that I am moving this unit forward to get the linebreaker, and end up 20-1 (he did get titan slayer by chewing through my big Brute unit with his buffed ironguts, that's about it!)

Game 2 against Mixed Chaos.

His list (About on par with my own, but if the Slaves to Darkness were replaced with Bloodbound it would have been more efficient)

• Sayl the faithless
  • Khorne lord on juggernaut
  • Bloodsecrator
  • 2x skaven warp lightning cannons
  • 10 khorne warriors of chaos with shields
  • 30x bloodletters
  • 5x khorne dogs
  • 5x seekers of slaanesh

Scenario: similar to the meteor, on the start of turn 1 after having deployed we randomize 1-2 = left, 3-4 = center and 5-6 = right. Each player's zone gets the objective marker. Accumulate points over turns for controlling 1 or both objective. Make kill points. Score secondary objectives. See Game against Ogor for examples of these.

I finish deploying first because of my battalion. Left to right: 10 ardboys in a building, 5 brutes, 10 brutes (with the 3 characters in an optimal position to get +2 casting for the wizard and reaching all units except the gore gruntas with the general's command ability while the megaboss is bunkered down in terrain). Then the other group of ardboyz and the gore gruntas on my right. The army is mostly center-deployed so that it has the least distance to move if my (or his) objective get flung on either side.

His deployment is 5 khorne dogs screening the two warp lightning cannons, the big blob of bloodletters in the center, the terrain holding the characters and 10 chaos warriors and the seekers on the right side.

I let him have first turn. Objectives end up in center for both players. He realizes that during deployment he has wrongly measured the warp lightning cannon's distances in order to move 3" and shoot 24" his 0-12 mortal wounds in my megaboss' direction, so he stays put, not moving forward except with the seekers on my right. Intelligent move, forcing me to move up against a hard-engage melee army. I oblige and move up with everything except the characters who slightly reposition, buffing everyone with +1 attack and moving up my big unit of 10 ard boys with armor saves, +1 to hit and successfully charging his side seekers with my own cavalry while the 10 rightmost ardboyz also move up that flank, intent on engaging the cavalry then occupying his empty garrison-able tower if it seems useful. Most of my army (except the three characters) is up in his face, about 6-12" away or so from his deployment line.

We check for initiative, I get the double turn (I am first on turn 2). I successfully move around and charge 10 ardboys and a few key models of the buffed 10 brutes into the warp lightning cannon, the other 5 brutes and some stragglers engaging the 5 khorne dogs and the side of his bloodletters. Wit ha few choice models declared before rolling, I use gorechoppas and klaw bosses (and a few 2" jagged hacka brutes) to destroy the first cannon while wounding the second one--later on the ardboys activate and finish off the second one.

It goes downhill for him from there: he banks on getting a buff for his khorne units while making his warriors move 18" and flying towards my backfield general in terrain. His bloodletters are not piling up properly against my left side charge, so even if the general and bloodletters do score some heavy casualties I am easily able to start chomping through. He gives up at around turn 4 when all that's left is the bloodsecrator and sayl, me having scored the two 8-point objectives and having done a few secondary objectives. I finish 19-4.

Game 3 against Sylvaneth.

I face the other player who is at the top, also with 39 points out of a max of 40. He has the model that scares me the most of the whole tournament (and there are some strong behemoth contenders with the Nurgle Big Things and the Chaos Bloodthirsters!) in the form of Alarielle the Invincible With on a Stag Beetle of Doom that can heal back wounds, cast 3 spells per hero phase, and hold against half of any army!

He has:

• Alarielle
  • 3x3 kurnoth archers
  • 2x10 dryads
  • 1x5 dryad-equivalent that can teleport to board edges or near trees.
  • 2 forests

This game's objectives are ARD. Compare the number of points left alive at the end of the game (even if a 40-man unit has 1 guy left, the unit counts as not-dead). The player who has the most points left alive scores 8 points (4-4 in case of a tie). There is a MIDDLE objective, you can claim it to generate 1 pt every whole turn that you do. The player who has the most objective-claimed points scores 8 points (4-4 in case of a tie). Then there is first blood, titan killer, slay the warlord and some other teriary objective I forgot that allows you to be able to claim a total of 8+8+4=20 points.

Random deployment, we roll the damned diagonal line. He plops his forests in a symmertrical manner that covers any side of the board I might choose when deploying: the forests are in the way of running IronJawz. I stuff my things in the SMALL wedge at my left instead of the large one at my right, therefore slightly (60%) avoiding the issue of the forest-in-the-way.

I get first turn, pop an armor buff on my 10 brutes, move up to the hill that has the center objective and bunker down on it. I now own this objective with 2+ armor save brutes that have +1 to hit and can reroll hits against 4+ wound enemies. The whole army has +1 attack. The rest moves up in support at once, putting potential pressure on his backline.

Alarielle deals mortal wounds, the archers take down my wizard and warchanter (dealing 1d3 wounds for each unsaved wound at -1 rend!). Alarielle is moved really close to my guys, and combo charges with her and the dryads. Other dryads move up near the forest, the teleporting dryads are held in reserve. He succeeds at both charges, my gore gruntas, 10 ardboys, 5 brutes are engaged in CC because of the 3" proximity. He activates his dryads first because he didnt want to lose their damage output if I were to activate my 10 ardboys first against them: this was his mistake. I receive hits, I make some saves, I'm not chewed through completely. I active the 5 brutes, and again the klaw champion and gore choppa 1-in-5 troopers deal a ton of wounds. I lowered Alarielle's combat ability, so I "only" lose two out of three gore gruntas, a brute and about half the ardboys.

We roll off, I get the choice of who goes first. I will! Clutch moment right there: I won't let her heal 2d3+d6 wounds! I succeed at the 1d6" command trait on the 10 brutes, use the attack bonus again (+1 for everyone!) and move up the 10 brutes around Alarielle's back. Thanks to the hero phase movement (d6 for those near the general and d6 for being in the batallion) I was able to control ability ranges quite expertly! I start attacking with the 10 brutes, she's down to the last wounds, she kills some brutes, I use the other 5 brutes and the gore grunta to finish her off. Never has an initiative roll been so crucial in my less than 10 games of AOS!

With Alarielle down over the next few turns, he doesn't let up. Over time, since the combat was dead center, the damned ****** is able to move backwards and shoot while keeping my troops screened with teleporting and regular dryads. We both score kill points here and there, and eventually I move my 4/5 brutes into LOS blocking terrain after having owned the center objective long enough. I then flee with two ardboys left over to stay in cover turn after turn and kite the archers, and a lone gore grunta with 4/5 wounds left flees from cover to cover, avoiding handing out the kill points.

By end-game, he has two full units of kurnoth left alive, while my 4/5 ardboys, 1/3 gore grunta and 2/10 ardboys are doing their best to avoid being dead.

I win the third match 18-3 (he has first blood by sniping my characters, he's killed my general, and he's titan-killed my 10-man brute unit, the most expensive in my army). I got 8pts for holding the center +8pts for having more points left alive and +2 for killing the general and titan killer (Alarielle being 6-700pts!)

I win best general by using a balanced IronJawz list that has no Cabbage. Cheers!

I don't even own a single Grot but I'm so tempted to get some to try this:

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Bows & Slittas
- Bows & Slittas
- Bows & Slittas

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (180)

Total: 1980/2000

Edit: I really want to use this giant from the Thunderfist box I've got moping around......

On 24-4-2017 at 7:28 PM, cooleyo said:

I win best general by using a balanced IronJawz list that has no Cabbage. Cheers!

Congrats on the win! There's not many AoS tourneys around near my little corner of the globe, but glad to hear you're doing well with Ironjawz :)

On a more general note, anyone think there's any merit to taking two Maw Krushas in a 2k list? Of course it would differ significantly from what is now the Ironjawz optimal build, but there'd be enough points left over for 5 units and an Ironfist. 

And I've always thought if 1 of something is good, 2 must be better! This not only applies to units in AoS, but also other things in RL, like swigs of Battle Brew! 

10 hours ago, Fungrim said:

I don't even own a single Grot but I'm so tempted to get some to try this:

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Bows & Slittas
- Bows & Slittas
- Bows & Slittas

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (180)

Total: 1980/2000

Edit: I really want to use this giant from the Thunderfist box I've got moping around......

Fungrim, what would be your battle line choice in this list? Because your units don't ALL have the Ironjawz allegiance (I'm looking at this Aleguzzler Gargant) you don't have any units that are battle line by default!

51 minutes ago, cooleyo said:

Fungrim, what would be your battle line choice in this list? Because your units don't ALL have the Ironjawz allegiance (I'm looking at this Aleguzzler Gargant) you don't have any units that are battle line by default!

Moonclan Grots are a generic battleline.

So I'm thinking on doing something like this.

DA UNITED WAAAGH!

Leaders:
-Warboss on wyvern 240pts

-Moonclan grot shaman. 60pts

-Orruk Warchanter. 80pts

-Savage big boss 100pts

Units:

3x5 brutes.  540pts

3x20 moonclan grots. 360pts

10 savage orruks. 100pts

40 savage orruks. 400pts.
Batallions: ironfist and kunnin rukk. 120pts

2000pts on the dot.

How you'd think this would fare competitively?

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

DA UNITED WAAAGH!

Leaders:

-Orruk Warchanter. 80pts

-Savage big boss 100pts

Units:

3x5 brutes.  540pts

10 savage orruks. 100pts

2000pts on the dot.

Has too many bonesniffers in it needs more pig-iron :-) 

jokes aside though could be good but add in a second warboss with flag so all your orruks are getting +1a from wyvern and rerolling 1s to wound as well (if that means less grots that can only be a good thing) 

I ran a wyvern with an Ironfist at SCGT, the biggest problem you have is that in the turn you use your wyverns command ability you aren't getting IP off, so prepare to lose lots of those savage orruks to battleshock!

If you want to put ironjawz into mixed destruction, thats cool, but if you're going down the mixed destruction route there are more competitive options than Ironjawz.

On 28 april 2017 at 0:27 PM, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

DA UNITED WAAAGH!

Leaders:

-Orruk Warchanter. 80pts

-Savage big boss 100pts

Units:

3x5 brutes.  540pts

10 savage orruks. 100pts

2000pts on the dot.

Have played this army a couple of games now, I know its not identical but not to unfamiliar either ;)

Frostlord on stonehorne, ( Battle brew)

Moonclan grot shaman

Ironjaws Warchanter

Big Boss, (talisman)

x15 Brutes, General Bellwing tyrant

x30 Arrowboys

x10 Savage orruks, choppas

x20 Moonclan grots

x20 Moonclan grots

x1 fanatic

x1 fanatic

Kunnin Ruuk

-------------------------------

I feel the army struggles with its low mortal wound count. When you come up against units like a well buffel lord on dracoth and you throw alot of firepower on him and hardy does anything its kind frustating. 

On 4/28/2017 at 0:27 PM, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

DA UNITED WAAAGH!

Could do quite ok. You already fulfill battleline reqs with your Savage Orruks and 2 Moonclan units, so I'd definitely drop the third one. You could then add in for example some Fanatics, or an Orruk Warboss as suggested by Sangfroid.

On 4/30/2017 at 1:15 AM, Jesper77 said:

Have played this army a couple of games now, I know its not identical but not to unfamiliar either ;)

I feel the army struggles with its low mortal wound count. When you come up against units like a well buffel lord on dracoth and you throw alot of firepower on him and hardy does anything its kind frustating. 

What is the purpose of the Warchanter in there? Your Brutes already hit on 2+ with Bellowing Tyrant, 80 points for an extra +1 to hit doesn't seem worthwhile.

While we're on the topic of mixed lists, what do you think of this one?

Frostlord on Stonehorn, Battle Brew

Huskard on Thundertusk

Huskard on Thundertusk

Moonclan Grot Shaman

Gitmob Grot Shaman

10 Brutes, General, Bellowing Tyrant

20 Moonclan Grots, spears

Moonclan Grot Fanatic

20 Gitmob Grots, bows

20 Gitmob Grots, bows

1990/2000

10 hours ago, Solaris said:

Could do quite ok. You already fulfill battleline reqs with your Savage Orruks and 2 Moonclan units, so I'd definitely drop the third one. You could then add in for example some Fanatics, or an Orruk Warboss as suggested by Sangfroid.

What is the purpose of the Warchanter in there? Your Brutes already hit on 2+ with Bellowing Tyrant, 80 points for an extra +1 to hit doesn't seem worthwhile.

While we're on the topic of mixed lists, what do you think of this one?

Frostlord on Stonehorn, Battle Brew

Huskard on Thundertusk

Huskard on Thundertusk

Moonclan Grot Shaman

Gitmob Grot Shaman

10 Brutes, General, Bellowing Tyrant

20 Moonclan Grots, spears

Moonclan Grot Fanatic

20 Gitmob Grots, bows

20 Gitmob Grots, bows

1990/2000

I Use the warchanter and bellowing to negate debufs as there are quite many of em thats populär with the meta here. I also often dont use bellowing on the brutes but on other units like arrowboys etc. I do have in mind to place the general in the arrowboys and just use the warchanter for the reasons you have stated. Havent decided yet.

I like the list, been looking at something similliar. I think it would be a fun list to play. I like the use of gitmobs. I was thinking of using skullkers to but the fanatics ar so much better :/

Just noticed I made it into the semi-finals of my local gw's league with my IRONJAWZ. It's a 1k tournament.

HOW THE F DID THAT HAPPEN? :D:D:D

I'm not sure what I'm up against next, but should I get into the final round I'd have to face Stormcast or Tzeentch. Both lists are pretty annoying.

But hey, if this proves something, then that on 1k Ironjawz can compete.

With luck.

:)

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Sangfroid said:

woeful lack of pig iron in that army to be even close to being called ironjawz

Indeed. I think some people need to have another read of the topic title please! 9_9

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:47 PM, Anaticula said:

Just noticed I made it into the semi-finals of my local gw's league with my IRONJAWZ. It's a 1k tournament.

HOW THE F DID THAT HAPPEN? :D:D:D

I'm not sure what I'm up against next, but should I get into the final round I'd have to face Stormcast or Tzeentch. Both lists are pretty annoying.

But hey, if this proves something, then that on 1k Ironjawz can compete.

With luck.

:)

Nice one, good on you bro, that's fantastic! :D 

Whilst I'm not sure that I agree this proves anything, I would agree that in general Ironjawz can do alright at 1,000 points.

55 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Indeed. I think some people need to have another read of the topic title please! 9_9

Nice one, good on you bro, that's fantastic! :D 

Whilst I'm not sure that I agree this proves anything, I would agree that in general Ironjawz can do alright at 1,000 points.

Thanks. Well of course it doesn't prove anything. :) 

I guess my point was more what you said: that they can do well at 1k.

I played at my local GW when they were holding a tournament of sorts (no prizes, but all the tables were reserved for Age of Sigmar that day).  1000 points, Matched Play rules in effect.  And since there are only 3 tables in the store, they were divided in half for the games (so 36"x48", confined battles).  I had a Megaboss, Weirdnob, 3 Brute Squads, and a Gore-grunta squad all in an Iron Fist.

Game 1 - Barely lost against Nurgle Rotbringers army (Glotkin went down pretty quick, he had two models left at the end).  His abilities to heal back wounds won him the game.

Game 2 - Won against a Skaven player.  The player was brand new to the game, and had to leave early and forfeited.  I was trying to make some mistakes with my guys and not play as efficiently as I could, and I was still beating him on objectives.

Game 3 - Up against an undeafeated Sylvaneth army, utilizing a Treelord Ancient with the 1+ Re-rollable Armor Save, 2 units of Kurnoth with bows, a Branchwych, and two units of Dryads in reserve.  I let him take first turn, and he puts up his trees in the middle of the board.  I rolled very well on moving up the board with Iron Fist and Destruction Allegiance, got off the Megaboss's Waaagh! with a 6 for two extra attacks, and managed to charge two of my Brute Squads into the Treelord, and engage the Kurnoth with my other squads.  My Brutes weren't able to do much of anything against that re-rollable armor save on the Treelord, but the Brute Bosses tore through it with the Claws and Smashas; I'm pretty sure I rolled max damage on those d3s each time.  The Dryads were in reserve to be summoned by the Treelord (somehow), and his army crumbled.  He conceded after turn 2.

Apparently, the guy who played this Sylvaneth army is nearly undefeated with this list at the local GW.  So when everyone saw that I had defeated him, they all gave me a loud Waaagh! to celebrate.  That was the best part of the day :)

So I am hooked on my Ironjawz and expanding into other Orruks now.  Waaagh!

Archived