'Competitive' Ironjawz

Malakithe

Still being a noob with 0 games and messing with numbers, I come here asking for Gork's (or is it Mork's) kunnin with this rough draft of a 2000 pts list:

GARXIA'S IRONJAWZ (2000 PTS) - Ironjawz / Destruction allegiance

• MEGABOSS ON MAW KRUSHA (Talisman of Protection or Meteoric Hammerblade): Our lovely cabbage, talisman will be default artefact, maybe switching to Hammerblade against hordes.
  • MEGABOSS (Battle Brew): Our meat chopper, choppier with the brew, babysitting and buffing the Brutes.
  • WEIRDNOB SHAMAN: Love the mini, shielding duty on our brutes and maybe footing some foes with luck.
  • WARCHANTER: Buffing the brutes (are you following a trend here?).
  • IRONFIST FORMATION
  • 10 BRUTES (Ironfist Big boss, boss klaw, brute smacha; Jagged gore-hackas, 2 gore-choppas): The heart of the list, armed with gore - hackas, shielded by ardboys and buffed to the teeth, they should do their work. Inspiring presence on them if needed to.
  • 5 BRUTES (Boss klaw, brute smacha; Two brute choppas, 1 gore-choppa): More brutes are always welcome.
  • 10 ARDBOYS (Full command, orruk banner, icon of Gork; 4 orruk-forged shields, 6 orruk-forged big choppas): Jack of al trades, shielding the brutes, getting some wounds, capturing objetives, buffing the Weirdnob shaman...
  • 10 ARDBOYS (Full command, orruk banner, icon of Gork; 4 orruk-forged shields, 6 orruk-forged big choppas): Same as above
  • 3 GORE GRUNTAS (Boss, choppas): Some needed speed, annoyance, can hold a unit til the guyz come.

And now some more (noobish) questions to our experts about the list or in general:

- GENERAL: I would love Krusha's Megaboss being the general (the biggest is da boss), but it seems that Megaboss on foot would be more practical for using the allegiance general traits, am I wrong?

- GENERAL TRAIT: Talking about it, It's ravager still the default option even nerfed or is Bellowing Tyrant a legit option?

- MORE ARDBOYS?: Would you change 5 hacka brutes for a 3rd ardboys unit? (more bodies for capturing, more wounds).

- THE BATTLE: Should we take 1st turn always if possible?

- 'ERE WE GO: Are your megaboss on foot, weirdnob shaman and wanchanter getting behind your main units? (no Ironfist movement buff). 

- MAGIC: If there are no other units near, and rolls a double when casting, does the Weirdnob Shaman hurts himself?

- RAMPAGING DESTROYERS: Our battle trait says we cannot run, but does it means we cannot run in the main movement phase or just with the trait?

- DOUBLE BANNER: Where can I find the rule or FAQ that allows us to get more than 1 banner in our Ardboys units to show it to rules-lawyers?

Well, this took longer than expected, thanks for your help and Gorkamorka be with you.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great list!

-Make the Megaboss your general, the Mawkrusha is going to be out on his own krushin' it.

- No, I'd stick with Brutes.

- I like to. There is an advantage to potentially getting 2 turns in a row. There's also an advantage to getting across the board in the first turn, charging, and deleting units before they even have a hero phase yet to buff anything.

- Yup, they go behind keeping up as best they can.

- Only if he benefits from Power of the Waaagh having 10-20+ models nearby

- This just means you cannot run as part of the hero phase movement. You can move and run as normal in the movement phase.

- This is just one of those things that are leftover from other systems, where you pay tooth and nail for everything. You can take a unit of all banners if you really wanted to, just read that section in the appropriate warscroll.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the 'only roll sixes against Dez because he's the only person that rolls worse than me' opponent in the above, heavily biased battle report. Because it matters to Aelf readers, Tawny Kitaen is actually Hellebron. Though now, she will be painted to look like Tawny Kitaen (1980s, still hot Tawny). David Coverdale was my Waywatcher, who doesn't need to be painted to look like David Coverdale because he pretty much always looks look like that.

As history gets told from the perspective of the victor, I will not refute the events in this report. I'll just bring Witch Aelfs to the next battle to shed green blood across the land. 

3 hours ago, Stabbyhotep said:

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the 'only roll sixes against Dez because he's the only person that rolls worse than me' opponent in the above, heavily biased battle report. Because it matters to Aelf readers, Tawny Kitaen is actually Hellebron. Though now, she will be painted to look like Tawny Kitaen (1980s, still hot Tawny). David Coverdale was my Waywatcher, who doesn't need to be painted to look like David Coverdale because he pretty much always looks look like that.

As history gets told from the perspective of the victor, I will not refute the events in this report. I'll just bring Witch Aelfs to the next battle to shed green blood across the land. 

wont post the gif I found :-( anyway keep the battles coming love the pseudonyms 

So, I'm having issues vs Free peoples the list he uses is all Very synergistic and I'm not sure what to take down he runs the Celestial Hurricanum and big blocks of crossbowmen,halbrediers and greatswords. back up by some demi-gryph knights and a general.

So, I'm having issues vs Free peoples the list he uses is all Very synergistic and I'm not sure what to take down he runs the Celestial Hurricanum and big blocks of crossbowmen,halbrediers and greatswords. back up by some demi-gryph knights and a general.

If you're sticking to pure Ironjawz, I'm not surprised. To simplify, all I could suggest is gamble (run into their range) on getting the double turn. Unless the objectives force him to move a lot, a bunker is going to beat a charge army most of the time (especially one with shooting synergies that almost no other army gets to have - there's a reason why the Lord Celestant doesn't buff shooting attacks....).

If you can mix, is there an artillery piece that does 2 D6 damage to blocks of 10 or more in Destruction (or get a Magma Dragon)? Alternatively, get a Dread Maw and pop it out near his shooting, then eat his shooting.

VS Free People (and any Shooting army) Ironjawz need: Ironfist, Ravager, good rolls and a first turn charge before your opponent has a chance to buff up his units. Luckily all those things should be auto includes in your list, and most people want to give up the first turn for the potential to go twice in a row. Use that to your advantage and smash his shooty units and force the battleshock. I did this by luck recently, and it really worked out. The only unfortunate thing is it does rely on a first turn charge.

I just had a thought, is there anything stopping a Gorefist formation from benefitting from Ravager and Rampaging Destroyers? What color poop would people have when 9+ Goregruntaz roll across the table 8+15+9 by movement phase in turn 1 so you are potentially BEHIND their army?

We need Megaboss and Warchanters on Goregruntaz! Ooh maybe big metal machine-like tank thingy's....

18 minutes ago, LordDrakonus said:

There is not! the only issue I have is damn gorefist cost, but mind you I've been sorely disappointed with the shaman........

Yes, I have been holding off on getting a shaman myself after hearing from everyone on here about how bad they are...

120 points for a mystic shield bot that can do mortal wounds to your own units doesn't seem like a sound investment. 

What do we do to combat a lot of magic? I have mostly played 1000 to 1500 point games so far, and most of my games have been vs Khorne with a few against Nurgle and Fyreslayers. I haven't really needed to deal with magic yet. Do we just run face first into and try to do enough damage to weaken their damage back?

On 29 July 2016 at 4:15 AM, LordDrakonus said:

Give him first turn and when you deploy try to make sure you minimize what he is going to be able to shoot turn one, depending on the scenario if he doesn't move he isn't going to score a lot of points so puts him in a dilemma, so he probably will have to come forwards a bit. You then rush forwards (score points if appropriate) then depending on your army either try some charges (take gordrakk and this will be easier) or just hope for the luck of the draw and get a double turn. Either way you should be "up" on the scenario and only having to weather a single turn of shooting at worst or at best be already in his face. 

If you playing the scenario (blood and glory) that means you can win from turn three don't be afraid to stay put for a turn also as his slower speed wil mean he will have to come forwards to have any hope of getting your objective for the major win, while we can move so fast losing a turn isn't such a mad thing as long as we aren't just sitting there getting shot up of course 

Hi everybody! :)

I am about to start a Ironjawz force and I have a couple of questions 

Have I understood the FAQ correctly that I can play my pure Ironjawz  and still choose the destructive abilities in the generals handbook? If my Ironjawz can benefit from the destructive abilities,  how does the  rampaging destroyers rule work with for example the Ironjawz ironfist warscroll? Does this allow me to roll  a total of 2 d6 for moment in the hero phase? :)

So after a few test games with Gordrakka I'm droping him and the shaman aka mr.useless for a Megaboss on a Maw-Krusha and a full gorefist to go with my ard boy and brute ironfist. Thoughts?

2k IronJawz

Heros

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha-520
Megaboss-140
Warchanter-80
Total:740

Battle line Units

10-Ard Boyz 180
5-Brutes 180
5-Brutes 180
3-Gore Gruntas 180
3-Gore Gruntas 180
3-Gore Gruntas 180
Total:1080

Other Units/Formations

Ironfist 60
Gorefist 120
Total:180

Army Total:2000

In my games, I have been underwhelmed with the gore gruntas. I would add more brutes and definitely try a black orc big boss as well. 

15 brutes 540 

10 ardboys 180

6 gore gruntas 360 

BOBB 100

Warchanter 80

Megaboss 140 

Megaboss on maw crusher 520

Ironfist 60 

Takes you to 1980 

I might even drop more gore gruntas for brutes/ardboys depending on objective. 

You can drop the gore gruntas and BOBB and put in another 20 ardboys and a shaman with weird Fist for 2020 points as well. 

I just find the gore Fist too expensive for what you get with ironfist and rampaging destruction. 

Archived