Steve's O&G

Steve Rose

Hi everybody. I normally post my pics on Twitter under @stephenrose but I thought I would post here too blog style.

i am very slow and due to my job and family life I don't have that much time for painting. 

My aim is to attend blood and glory with a fully painted army. I have not finished any army since 2014 when my youngest was born.

O&G was my first warhammer army back in 4th edition. I have played them since. The iron jawz release I have been inspired and bought at least one of everything. 

Many way pics! Construction of first batch.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 6/14/2016 at 10:58 AM, Soulsmith said:

Eurgh, I'm green with envy. Terrible puns aside, I wish you'd posted a few weeks ago, makes me feel ive done it wrong using waaagh green through to skarsnik now!

Add some with other types of skin! I have like 7 combinations of greens for the skin. :)

As for the orcs @Steve Rose , they look fantastic!

16 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:
Add some with other types of skin! I have like 7 combinations of greens for the skin. [emoji4]

As for the orcs @Steve Rose , they look fantastic!

I'll have to give it a go I guess. I'll need more greens for the more natural one. A mix would be good though I'm sure. I do love the green blending into a reddy colour, I was planning to do the same for my grots.

Also, @Steve Rose, would you mind giving the recipe for your skin? I think I'll give it a go on my own and see how I feel, between yellowey natural, or orcish traditional.

Hi guys. 

Sorry for late replies. Been away from home, so not a lot of hobby done last few days.

Skin.

basecoat death world forest.

wash Agrax earth shade mixed with medium.

highlight with death world forest.

add in 3x highlights by adding in Elysian green.

add in 3x more highlights adding in small parts of Zamesdi desert.

add wazdakka red to paint lips, ears, knuckles etc. add in a tiny amount of Chadian flesh tone to highlight these areas.

finally mix red shade with purple shade with medium and gradually glaze these areas.

hope this helps. Should be back painting this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived