Moonclan list help requested

Jonny_James

Hello!

A friend has persuaded me to go to a tournament in February despite my inexperience of AoS. The attached file is the list I'm thinking of taking... does anyone see anything glaringly wrong with it? Apart from the fact that it's goblins and not Bonesplitterz, obviously! ;)

Thanks,

Jon

Screenshot_20171123-142352.png

2 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Looks like a fun list. Trolls go great with gobbos! I'm not sure you can have that Rockeye on the hero though? 

"Fun" was what I was aiming for so thank you. :) And yes, they really do!

As far as I know, the artefact doesn't *have* to go to the general.

I would try to fit a unit of 6 fanatics. For 200 pts it's  a 14 damage rend 2 average. If you can combine with Hag spell it's almost auto kill on most big behemoth.

It's the same damages than 2 chukka that shot for 3 consecutive turn, for 40 pts cheaper.  I would cut 1 chukka for sure.

otherwise look fun!

3 hours ago, broche said:

I would try to fit a unit of 6 fanatics. For 200 pts it's  a 14 damage rend 2 average. If you can combine with Hag spell it's almost auto kill on most big behemoth.

It's the same damages than 2 chukka that shot for 3 consecutive turn, for 40 pts cheaper.  I would cut 1 chukka for sure.

otherwise look fun!

Thanks, broche. You make a compelling argument!

It's a nice list. I tend to play something simmilar. Just few things I can reccomend from my games:

1. Throggoths have extremely low bravery. Running one unit of 6 is risky if you don;t keep inspiring presence on them. Even if you loose 1 in worst case 2 can run away....

2. I strongly reccomend to have unit of 6 fanatics and use them offensively. Or just to playtest it. They deal great dmg and have rend of -2 (great vs lizzards and stormcast). You can even surprise your enemy buy reaching great distance in 1 turn: you get bonus movement form warlord on first turn. Then you runn your goblins, then you reaveal fanatics within 3" and then you charge with fanatics.... ! :)

3.  Since you'd probably be using inspiring presence most of the time, the grot warboss is not that important. 

I have no experience running gobo and fanatics myself but my friend has been playing orcs and goblins for several editions and he swears by them almost mandatory style.

You will not regret your choice to use fanatics according to him. Looking forward to hearing how you do, make sure you take good notes!

Archived