City army and Stormcast equipment

Dragobeth

Question

Let's say that my army has Stormcast, Overlords and some Aelfs and I choose...Tempest's Eye.

I know that I get the ability, command and equipment from Order GA and the City ability. But what about the prayers, lights and banners from the SC battletome?  Reading the battletome they don't say anything about the army allegiance on the castellant's light text but in the case of the prayers it's write something like "priest from a STORMCAST ETERNALS army can choose one of..." I'm not sure if they FAQ'ed that.

-Can my Relictor, Castellant and others get those or they just keep the default from the wallscrolls?

-If all my army is SC but I still choose to use de Order+City can they use the lights, prayers and banners from the battletome?

1 answer to this question

No, you can't.

A "STORMCAST ETERNALS ARMY", as described in the GHB and Battletome: Stormcast Eternals, is an army with Stormcast Eternals allegiance, if if you're taking an Order/Tempest's Eye allegiance army with Stormcast in it as per Firestorm (and the recent faq restricting the Warlord/City allegiances to Order armies), you can only use the Order allegiance abilities, and not the Stormcast ones.

In the case of the lanterns and banners, both are different types of artefacts of power and are listed in the section of the book on them, the first page of which clearly states that they are available to heroes in Stormcast Eternal army. The "Prayers of the Stormhosts" page is also pretty clear on them only being available to priests in a Stormcast Eternal army. Both of them fall under the header of Stormcast Allegiance abilities, and can't be used if you're using a different set of allegiance abilities (in this case Order/Tempest's Eye ones).

Archived