Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

3 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

Amazing work AnamnesisIs it all blending?

Maybe it's just the picture, but I can't help but feel that her chest needs a bit heavier highlight, compared to the very shiny leg and glove.
My eye keeps looking down to the leg, when it should be drawn up towards the face.

Yes it is :)

That's actually a valid point i may have to touch this a little bit ^_^

18 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

These are awesome ... I may just steal the concept ... though doing Oberon with an axe instead of the mace would make for a great Wight King with Black Axe ...

Cheers! 

Sounds like a great Idea, make sure to share Some photos when done!

I wanted to get magores fiends done since I do not plan to play the warband, but still wanted to finish it in case I change my mind in the future. So I decided to experiment and see what i can produce speed painting. I spent about 15 minutes per miniature with the below results. Still need to finish the rims and such. What is your honest opinion about these? I overpainted a lot due to the speed, but the wash seems to have fixed most issues. Is this a decent enough standard? The hound failed slightly, but oh well.IMG_0119.jpg.03ef8472d10a09e167edc8c3de8d1700.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Kugane said:

I wanted to get magores fiends done since I do not plan to play the warband, but still wanted to finish it in case I change my mind in the future. So I decided to experiment and see what i can produce speed painting. I spent about 15 minutes per miniature with the below results. Still need to finish the rims and such. What is your honest opinion about these? I overpainted a lot due to the speed, but the wash seems to have fixed most issues. Is this a decent enough standard? The hound failed slightly, but oh well.

First of all...! If you brought these to the table, I would say "it's always a pleasure to play against painted miniatures".
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "NOT GOOD ENOUGH PAINTED MINIATURES"! ! !

That being said, I do have some C&Q.
They DO look good! Very grim and dark, and this is probably what "real" chaos warriors would look like, prowling through the streets of the twillight city.
However, as miniatures I do miss something to make them pop a bit, as when you squint, they are just a dark blob.
Some splashes of red blood? Green glowing eyes? Or even just a bit brighter highlights to help differentiate the shapes.

All in all, fairly standard tabletop quality.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goblin-King said:

First of all...! If you brought these to the table, I would say "it's always a pleasure to play against painted miniatures".

They DO look good! Very grim and dark, and this is probably what "real" chaos warriors would look like, prowling through the streets of the twillight city.
However, as miniatures I do miss something to make them pop a bit, as when you squint, they are just a dark blob.
Some splashes of red blood? Green glowing eyes? Or even just a bit brighter highlights to help differentiate the shapes.

nah, much better than the average tabletop quality, it's super clean, and painting those armor are not so easy, even if you start spraying the metallic first. And if the base side were done it would look even more impressive, but, even with 1 wash for all colors I don't believe it's not more than 1h of work :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Goblin-King said:

Thank you very much for the advice! The squinting eyes thing you mentioned is quite useful, I may try that. I was considering some glowing weapons, so might go with a bit of a ghostly glow on the edges. I doubt it would take too much time to do so anyways.

9 minutes ago, christophe said:

nah, much better than the average tabletop quality, it's super clean, and painting those armor are not so easy, even if you start spraying the metallic first. And if the base side were done it would look even more impressive, but, even with 1 wash for all colors I don't believe it's not more than 1h of work :)

I did not count assembling time and priming since I had them assembled and primed in my project stash - long forgotten since the release haha. I also did not count the drying time of the aggrax earthshade, which took over 40 minutes since I drowned them in it. As I mentioned I am going to finish off the bases soon. As for the 1 hour of work, brush size helps. I do most of my painting with XL brushes to get paint in the right areas quickly

1. XL Base coat brush + overbrush the bases entirely of each model. Seconds of work, no drying time

2. Rinse XL brush, take out stegadon scale, overbrush the entire miniature, avoiding the boots area. Again, seconds per miniature with the size of the brush, no drying time.

3. Rhinox hide on the boots with a detail brush, took a minute or two per miniature, had to dry a little while, but I was working on the next step while it did.

4. The most time consuming part, about 3 to 5 minutes per miniature. Took a medium size brush and painted all the metallics quickly. I went about 1mm over the edges overpainting cuz of the speed, but again with the idea of "wash will get it"

5. Put some dabs of rakarth flesh on all the skull/bone things and wrappings on gloves and weapons.

6. Drown them in aggrax earthshade.

7. Drybrush everything with baneblade brown with a XL brush.

8. Glaze leather/cloak with mournfang brown

9. Glaze stegadon areas with mechanicus standard grey

10. Paint skin, give it a wash.

Including drying times, I started painting around 11:15pm yesterday, I planned to sleep around 12 and wanted to get it done quickly.  I was done at 1am or so, the aggrax took ages to dry.