Firestorm is Awesome!

Thostos

OK,im running a Firestorm campaign at my local game shop,we are in our 5th week now.I purchased a copy of the game and have  left it at the shop for players to check out when we arent doing matches,,mainly though I keep the map updated on a private FB page setup for the AoS group,players take pictures of their current set of cards they will draw from and also I post a current map picture showing everyones holdings then list the players armies and their current Glory totals,we are playing till the end of the year for this map and the winner with the most Glory will win it all,,though the alternate victory is also possible and I should add that a couple of the players are close to that right now so some of us are forming alliances to curtail their march to victory,heh.

Anyhow I currenty have 10 players in this campaign with only one map!,,its not completely full yet either.What we do for the cards sets is,as I mentioned above,,players just keep track of whats in their deck by taking a photo of it after each build phase following fights,,I also keep notes on paper as much as possible.This first campaign is more of an experiment to see if it can work with exceeding the 4 player total on the map,as of now I would say I think its going to work out fine.Not sure if I would want any more joining up though,heh.Also battles have been lopsided points wise(we are using matched play rules for the most part) and there have been several battles fought already with the underdog winning.A couple of things I do though is allow the players with the least amount of glory to make their challenges first,then I give them a +1 to the roll-off dr when determining what territory to fight in and what scenario to choose,,this has helped to keep things somewhat balanced.One of the issues that has come up is the size of the secret objective deck,,ive been allowing players to draw and take a pick or record that card ,then replace the card,,this is not working too well though as players have already gained Glory off the same card 2 and 3 times already,,we need to work on that aspect I think,heh.

Each week it seems I get another player to join in and what we do is allow them first choice on who to challenge,,then,if they choose to fight in a zone that their opponent controls I allow them an additional d3 muster points as a sort of "invasion bonus".I also have players missing some weeks and coming back the next,,really it has worked out very well and all are still interested in games each week.

Overall I would say that Firestorm is a huge bonus for AoS game nights at clubs and gameshops,,it is probably the best league/map campaign idea for any game ive ever seen and ive been at gaming for 40+ years.I can see our group always having a firestorm map going for casual narrative games,,its so easy to get a game set up using it and keeps the battles fresh each time with the territorial time of war rules and the build cards.Its a VERY refreshing change from the usual "lets test our tournament decks and play one of the 6 competative scenarios"over and over again.Though feel free to take your competative build and try out new stuff,,works for me!

The main item I have on the wishlist for this game is an App for Firestorm,,perhaps something that would allow recording of players holdings on the map as well as current card deck..something we can log into to draw our cards and such.Well,this and of course maybe bigger maps and or scaling for more players,heh.I know,,this would be very expensive to do and all that,,maybe I should check out fantasy grounds or D20 and see if I can make some sort of mod for it there.

Great post! Thanks for that! Not many people ahared their Firestorm campaigns so far.

I am also starting to run a multiplayer Firestorm Campaign but with added some house rules (Siege battles when invading occupied territories, and Triupmh and Treachery for last month of the campaign).

I was also missing the multideck and interactive campaign so I decided to digitalize everything! It took me a while to scan the map, redraw the borders in photoshop etc. Now it is super easy to update with each player taking different colors of the territories when they take over one (50% oppacity). It really looks cool. And will be available online for all players. All "envelopes" are with private access as files in google docs. This way everyone can keep track of the game while planning at home and just use the physical map and deck when they arrive to the battle. And the admins can verify all digital envelopes anytime. 

But to prepare it it took more than a month...

We are starting next week so I'll probably update our progres here, 

Archived