Can a unit of brutes have mixed weapons?

Adeeb

I was planning a ten man unit of brutes that has 

• 1 boss with klaw
  • 2 gore choppas
  • 3 jagged gore hackas
  • 4 two brute choppas

My goal was to be able to have this unit fight in two ranks so I don't miss out any attacks by having the second rank all have a 2inch reach. However, the warscroll reads "some units of orruk brutes are armed with two brute choppas while others prefer to use double-handed jagged gore hackas". Does this mean that a unit can't have mixed weapons and that my 10 man unit is not legal? 

The keyword is Unit. A unit cant have mixed weapons, however some models can carry special weapons, like the boss and 1 in 5 can have a gore choppa.

The correct setup would be:
1 boss klaw and smaha
2 gore choppas
7 gore hackas or 7 two brute choppa.

As a 10 man unit, the hackas perform better as you can build 2 lines that are able to hit, just keep the Boss in the frontline as he only has 1" range.

2 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

You are correct that it is not legal.  You have to read the warscroll literally.  Most everyone seems to recommend the Gore-hackas on units of 10.

The reason for this is that it makes "application of force" far easier, as @Sangfroid put it.

Essentially if you can correctly move, charge and pile in 10 brutes with dual wield they are the better option. For most of us however it's an incredibly difficult task where even one small ****** up punishes you hard.

The unit of 2h are far more resilient against good enemy positioning and bad personal positioning. 

@Adeeb The rule is that units have to be equipped with the same weaponry, excluding special weapons, across the unit. Ardboyz are an exception to this in that their warscroll says each some models rather than some units. 

Archived