Starting Fyreslayers `1k

Praim

Hello everyone, 
Been looking to add an Order army to the arsenal and after some deliberations decided on Fyerslayers, to be played at first casually with some friends. At the moment I have two start collecting sets and ten extra Vulkite Berserkers, was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to build that into a decent if not overtly powerful army. Many of the friends have only recently started playing, and don't want to discourage them by try harding to hard in their first few battles. Entirely open to  buying new models, but was wondering how best to take advantage of what I already have to minimize the need.

The 30 Vulkite Berserkers, I was considering either breaking into a twenty and ten unit, fielding as a single thirty or three separate ten model units. 
For leaders, I have assembled the Magmadroths but not any of the potential riders themselves. I would like to use on on a Magmadroth, if only due to personal bias on liking the general look of it. I've been told the Runeson is probably the best for that role, and will probably also take a runsmiter on foot. Is the runefather worth taking onto the list? Should I look into any of the other heroes or just into battle line and infantry now?

Appreciate any and all advice!

• 2 weeks later...

@Praim I wish the Fyreslayer player in my group had that attitude - his army is basically 3 units of 30 vulkites which is massively dull to play against. Its a really really strong list but very boring.

To be able to win against it you have to bring lists which just aren't fun to play and games just turn into a couple of hours of rolling lots of dice while nothing much happens...

30 is the strongest way to field it. 20 is still decent with the 5+ ward save. at 10 you are being a little too kind. One unit of 30 is totally reasonable once the newer players get up to speed. 

The Runesmiter is very useful for the tunneling ability.

A battlesmith is also great for re-rolling your armour save. so put him with your vulkites. even 10 are pretty solid with a battlesmith nearby.

Runeson on magma is a good choice and a really cool model.

I would also add in some Hearthguard so you have some ranged options beyond the throwing axes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived