AoS Wish For 2018

Mr. White

Seeing as we're nearing the holiday season...what _one_ Age of Sigmar announcement from GW would make your 2018?

For me...I have enough models to paint, but I would _love_ something like that Moon Base Klaisus for AoS. Double-sided, modular tiles that don't cost an arm and a leg. Gives us the flexibility to play skirmish on a coffee table with two squares in a rectangle or put more together for full-scale battle with armies. Customize the size of our play area without mats flopping and hanging off table sides, or having to order mats of 2 to 3 different sizes.  :/  Plus, packing it up in a nice stackable box over tubes rolling around would be ace. The extra little bits of terrain is a nice touch!

99220199067_MoonBaseKlaisus01.jpg

However...all my terrain is painted in hues of purple and blue for Chamon. I'm not sure how much Chamon will be featured in the 'Malignant Portents' thingamajig in 2018, so I fear any tiles GW puts out for AoS may not be in colors to match my terrain.

But I can wish for it....'tis the season!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my 2018 wish list:

1. More battletombs: I was really a fan of the tombs that reestablished old armies like Bonesplitterz and FEC. The fluff in those was great and I want more.

2. More magic: More allegiance specific spells would give many of the allegiance's so much more flavor. Give us a Tome Of Magic release.

3. More narrative: I know this is coming with the upcoming death plot but keep it going and build some momentum.  The more fluff the better.

Thats what I want GW, get it done I have been fairly good this year.

So I'm going to say: Give us more core content.

A lot of the people defending 2017 will say there was plenty of content. We had Tzeentch, Stormcast, Khorne Redux, Kharadron Overlords, Skirmish, Path to Glory, GHB2017, Blightwar, Firestorm, Shadespire, what are you complaining about?

Well, the fact is that most of those releases came without new models and didn't impact the core game mode. Skirmish, Path to Glory, Firestorm, all good fun but they're not for everyone. Nor did they progress the narrative or give us new model releases. 

So what would I like to see.

More battletomes for sure, with accompanying model releases. I would like to see some of the existing minor factions fleshed out in major ways as well as new factions like the long rumoured 'shadow aelves'.

I'd love to see splash releases for some of the more fleshed out armies (those with allegiance abilities), a new unit or hero here or there goes a long way to making factions more interesting or having a potential different playstyle. All it took for Vanguard Wing Stormcast was 4 new sets, and many factions would kill to get even half that kind of love.

New terrain would be amazing. The current stuff is amazing (What would even be more amazing would be bringing back some kits like Dreadstone Blight and Witchfate Tor), but it's been available for almost 2 years now and we need some extra spice on our boards. The mortal realms are vast, so surely there's more to it than some Realmgates and Archways.

The narrative must go on. We've had a year now of 'stabilization' after the Realmgate Wars ended. We know Death is on the rise, and hopefully bringing us some juicy morsels for the dead to chomp on. I want to learn about new characters, especially those of factions that haven't been major players so far. 

Overall though, I would just like balance throughout the year. We had a super strong first 4 months of the year, but we haven't had much in terms of models or narrative since. It has made the second half the year feel a bit stagnant in terms of the settings, and I would prefer to have interesting things to learn of the mortal realms throughout the entire year.

I'm not the only one who's noticed the AoS quiet recently right? I really hope this is indicative of a surprise announcement before year's end. As to what a potential announcement would be: 

Battletome lineup for 2018. They'e laid out the next three codexes for 40K, so they should preview what our 2018 is like. Ideally I would say Nurgle, Deathrattle or Nighthaunt(going off of Herald), and then battletome for Dark and Light Aelves leading into a Slaanesh battletome and Slaanesh vs Malerion arc. 

2 hours ago, Mr. White said:

For me...I have enough models to paint, but I would _love_ something like that Moon Base Klaisus for AoS.

I agree completely! I admit when I saw this 40k release I was pretty jealous; something like it for AoS would be exactly what I want.

21 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

I'd love to see splash releases for some of the more fleshed out armies (those with allegiance abilities), a new unit or hero here or there goes a long way to making factions more interesting or having a potential different playstyle.

When you look at how GW sorts models on the webstore there are ostensibly a huge number of factions in the world of AoS (which is really cool), and as you say many of them could really start to feel more complete with just a small release of even a single hero or unit.

I am finally close to get my Ironjaws army at 2000 painted points so looking forward to start building a second army. I would wish for something more challenging, more tactical and less meelee oriented. 

Cthulhu aelves or goblin sky pirates sound awesome for 2018 :) 

AoS ForgeWorld Models!

I feel like the poor cousin when I look at the continual releases of amazing ForgeWorld models for 30k, 40k, Blood Bowl and The Hobbit.

I'd love to see more monsters on the table and variety to the existing range. Unique models for some of the Great Cities, which could diversify the Free People / Stormcast Eternals / etc... bring back a Tomb King themed Death Rattle, conversion kits to help define KO skyports other than with a colour scheme, etc.

2 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

A death-themed expansion for Warhammer Quest.

I'll second that, would be great to see adversaries other than chaos for WQ. I'd love to see more battletomes for existing factions maybe with some new models to flesh them out. most of all I want to see deathrattle reborn as an AoS answer to tomb kings, not so much the ancient Egypt theme but skeletal lords ruling over skeletal hordes with chariots, ranged units and a skeletal giant.

Battletomes: as many as possible. Then Aelves (and some infos on Slaanesh), as soon as possible.

AoS DESPERATELY needs these 2 things. 

To me, GW could decide not to release anything a part from battletomes (no new models except for Aelves, no new GHB, no new products at all): I'd honestly find it a smart thing to do.
I know this is absurd and impossible, but think about how good it would be to see a battletome released each month, and to have all the races of the Mortal Realms finally complete. :x

I think more Factions will come or are expanded with Battletomes for sure. I too do believe that what Age of Sigmar still needs is a great scenery/table kit that also interacts with the game in a minor way and less massive like a lot of the scenery Warscrolls do now. It's great to have some epic rules for castles and houses or even magical tornados but I think those aspects ideally are either found as an army/magic exclusive and not something that's allready on the table.

In any case though I think in 2018 a lot of fans of Death and Aelves will actually be very pleased. I think we're going to enter a slightly darker setting soon and hope the game follows that aswell for the visual appearance of models. Not that I want this to be the case forever but I do think it would be very fitting for the Death armies and likely Dark Elves updates.

Considering the spoilers and hints given I think this should be what first half 2018 is about for Age of Sigmar. Offcourse Nurgle should be in there too.

Fully agree on the Moon Base Klasius equivalent, hopefully it was successful enough for them to roll out another one.

I guess have three main hopes:

- Shadowkin/Cthulhu Aelves because the Mistweaver Saih is so cool and I want more things like her. Plus the Realm of Shadows sounds like a nice place to set some fog-shrouded battles in.

- With Malignant Portents coming out I'm really hoping for the Deathrattle Legions to be unleashed. Their absence in GH2017 is making me hopeful.

- A new starter set. Realmgate Wars are over and the mini-starter set means all models from it are covered. Though a separate source for the Lord-Relictor and Bloodstoker + Khorgorath would be nice.

10 hours ago, Mr. White said:

For me...I have enough models to paint, but I would _love_ something like that Moon Base Klaisus for AoS. Double-sided, modular tiles that don't cost an arm and a leg.

This all over! How a hobby like this is not officially supported with affordable battlefields is beyond me. As much as I'd love the Shattered Dominion board, £200 just to play on something is unreasonable for casual home play.

As for me, new scenery and at least 3 new or fully fleshed out factions. Hopefully, Nurgle, Aelves and Death. Or maybe some cheeky Grots to keep all the allegiences happy. It may not end in a peaceful time in the mortal realms but it would certainly mean a happier place for all of the vocal players!

I agree with Moon Base Klasius , I really hope we get something like that for AOS.

I'd like more stormcast (yeah I know, but that lord commander is gonna be sweet)

More narrative books like the realmgate wars (less matched play stuff please)

What I want to see most is GW doing something about the straggler factions. That is the factions that don't have a battle tome, didn't get any allegiance stuff in GHB17 or are generally lacking a coherent model line. Odds are high that some of them like Nurgle, Deathrattle, or even Slanesh might see something in 2018, but for lines like the former high elves, I'd almost rather see them go the way of Brettonia or the Tomb Kings if GW isn't going to do anything with them.  I almost feel like the only reason all the high elves aren't compendium is because GW had too many models still sitting in the warehouse. Of course, I'd be happy to see the elves stick around, just make them better. What I'd really like to see is GW go back and undo some of the dumber faction break aparts(unless they have serious near term plans to expand them) like the afore mentioned high elves, make up a silly new name if High Aelfs isn't good enough and put them in one faction. Same goes for the none beastclaw raiders Ogres. Basically I want coherent, clear factions across the board and I don't care if it comes in the form of warscroll updates, battletomes or model releases.

Archived