Basing Undead

smucreo

Hey guys, thanks to you wonderful people I have a list I'm going to start building soon enough. With that, I wanted to know how you go about basing your death miniatures. Do you do something cool? Share them here, I'm interested in creating interesting bases!

I'm doing mine with Agrellan Erath.  Paint the base black, then add the Agrellan.  When it dries, I drybrush it Mechanicus Standard Greey.  Wash with 1:1 Nuln Oil and Lahmian Medium.  The light drybrushes of Dawnstone, Administratum Grey, and Praxati White (super light).

It has a very graveyard/necropolis look.  I wanted to make it look like the Necropolis Mat.

Unfortunately, I was in such a rush to start painting Nagash that I left off some basing materials.  I wanted to add some skeleton bodies and make it feel like more of a necropolis.

Astrogranite Debris is nice.  I used it on my Tzeentch with Drakenhoff, then drybrushed with Longbeard Grey.  It looks more mystical.  On my Primaris urban rubble bases, I wash with with Agrax and drybrush it with Dawnstone and Administratum.

4 minutes ago, Redking said:

Unfortunately, I was in such a rush to start painting Nagash that I left off some basing materials.  I wanted to add some skeleton bodies and make it feel like more of a necropolis.

Astrogranite Debris is nice.  I used it on my Tzeentch with Drakenhoff, then drybrushed with Longbeard Grey.  It looks more mystical.  On my Primaris urban rubble bases, I wash with with Agrax and drybrush it with Dawnstone and Administratum.

Hey, your Nagash looks really good at least! haha

I was going for that mystical feel, like it's a land blighted by the dark magic that binds the skeletons together haha so I'll probably stick with that. I don't have longbeard grey though, does administratum grey, dawnstone or any other kind of grey work?

Archived