Silverhelms

Keith

Run them as Dragon Blades. Unfortunately, Dragon Blades do everything Silver Helms do the same or better, and cost the same points. The only “edge” Silver Helms have is they can be buffed by the Sea Warden on foot, and that’s not enough at the end of the day. I’m thinking of making a House Rule adjustment to their points to differentiate thrm.

The thing about compendium units, is that in general they're going to be overcosted.

They didn't receive any of the benefits of the GHB2017 points adjustments (Other than to increase points where necessary). So stuff like Cavalry becoming overall cheaper, did not get applied to the Silver Helms.

So GingerGiant is pretty much right. Dragon Blades purely outclass them, although Silver Helms are 'true' battleline.

I’ve actually got an old High Elf Battalion I’m assembling, and I’m seriously debating converting everything into Swifthawk Agents, including converting the Silver Helms into Reavers, or running them as Dragon blades, since there isn’t anything dragony about the ‘Blades aside from the models themselves. Granted, the spearmen are actually still pretty good, as are the Archers. The issue now is that the only source of Spireguard and Reavers was discontinued, so I wonder if Swifthawk Agents will be moved to the compendium soon enough. That said, I still have a copy of the old compendium from the original age of sigmar release, so i can always play with that.

16 hours ago, GingerGiant said:

I’ve actually got an old High Elf Battalion I’m assembling, and I’m seriously debating converting everything into Swifthawk Agents, including converting the Silver Helms into Reavers, or running them as Dragon blades, since there isn’t anything dragony about the ‘Blades aside from the models themselves. Granted, the spearmen are actually still pretty good, as are the Archers. The issue now is that the only source of Spireguard and Reavers was discontinued, so I wonder if Swifthawk Agents will be moved to the compendium soon enough. That said, I still have a copy of the old compendium from the original age of sigmar release, so i can always play with that.

Very much doubt that the swift hawks will be put into a compendium.  Reavers were taken out of compendium and moved into Swift Hawk allegiance.  On the 40k side we have seen various starter sets have their models re-released. Will probably happen with the reavers.

If it were me? Most of the compendium scrolls are plastic, and could easily be folded into other existing lines.

Silver Helms I would move to Eldrich Council. The silver Helms look close enough to sword masters aesheticly that it shouldn't be out of line. This rounds out the army with fast light Calvary to complement their hard hitting infantry and casters.

Archers I would give to the Phoenix Temple, as they have feathers. Lol. They would also synergize with the rest of the army by adding ranged support to an otherwise very hanky army. 

Spearmen I would give to Order Draconis, as their infantry. The army needs a cheap battle line to offset an otherwise points heavy army. 

Lastly I would give the sea warden on foot and the bolt thrower to Swift Hawks. They already already have the sky cutter version. No reason they shouldn' t get the foot version. The bolt thrower already has a bird motif that fits the faction. More importantly it gives the faction much needed punch that it desperately lacks.  Heck it even gives spireguard a purpose as bubble wrap/ baby sitters for them.

The only ones left out in this are the White Lions, but they have a very distinct theme going.

Anyways, that's what i would do if I was in charge, but I'm not.

Archived