Kharadron Overlords 2000 points hit hard hit fast

Bimli

hello all been a while since i posted here but i am almost finally finishing my competitive list let me know what you think.

fleet - Ziflin

heroes
khemist (leader)
khemist magic item gimlet lense

battle line
arkanaut company x10 and 3 skyhooks

other
skywardens x12 with 4 drill cannons and 4 volly guns
endrinriggers x6 

behemoth
ironclad - skycannon, atherspiric endrins
frigate - skycannon

abilities
fleetmaster

footnote
there is no trading with some people
theres always a breeze if you look for it (frigate)

game plan here is hit hard amd hit fast. I can make it so I have only 1 drop if needed. Here is a few things i picked up... KO are glass cannons and they need to rely on theit strength and one big one they have is assassination. basically come down first turn and destroy as much of the enemy heroes as you can aka my 12 man skywardens. with a khemist i can unload 8 drillcannon shots and still have 24 volly gun shots from a safe distance at that.

my rigger have a massive 25" move potential (frigate free move 10" + 3" drop off + 12" regular move) and with the khemist buff 13 strong close combat attacks not to mention their shooting.

my 3 units of arkanuats with their sky hooks focus on either finishing off wounded heros or killing solo buff heroes.

my boats are thir for charge blocks and some nice shooting as needed.

in order to be competitive with this army we need to strategically take out things that buff then start laying low units.

so what do you all think?

i think frigate  bad optioins on  competitive game, better take more rigers.   maybe 12+12 or 12 mele+ 6shoot +6 shoot.

skycannon very random try Aethermatic Volley Cannon

in long  distance damage more Aethermatic Volley Cannon:

5 turn sky canon

Save Damage
2+ 4.87
3+ 6.49
4+ 8.11
5+ 9.73
6+ 9.73
No Save 9.73

5 turn volley

Save Damage
2+ 5.56
3+ 8.34
4+ 11.11
5+ 13.89
6+ 16.67
No Save 16.67

Its a variant on the pretty common clown car build.

Few things

Earburster is just a better item all round

Frigates are trash - pump the points into more riggers.

Volley cannon on the ironclad will get you more milage

Im not sure how your getting it as a one drop with no battalion and 2 boats. 2 drops is good and fine. Its what i do. But its not a 1 drop

When you drop off models from a boat you get more like 4 inches as only a bit of the base needs to be within 3inches of the boat

49 minutes ago, wanderingrogue said:

Its a variant on the pretty common clown car build.

Few things

Earburster is just a better item all round

Frigates are trash - pump the points into more riggers.

Volley cannon on the ironclad will get you more milage

Im not sure how your getting it as a one drop with no battalion and 2 boats. 2 drops is good and fine. Its what i do. But its not a 1 drop

When you drop off models from a boat you get more like 4 inches as only a bit of the base needs to be within 3inches of the boat

does starting in the air count as a drop?

42 minutes ago, Naflem said:

Setting up in the air is one drop

i see so 2 drops it is. now i know peeps are hating the frigate and for good reason but it does make for a good transport and a potential first turn charge no? granted 280pts is a very high price to pay but taking it out taoes away from my mobile attack so i might as well go urbaz if i take out out no?

aethermatic cannon hmm maybe the better way to go here i see the math thanks for that. I guess i went with the cannon on i think id be using it mainly for monsterish things.

I think you got all the right advice here so far :) One thing I'm doing that really seems to be working is taking a unit of 40 Arkanaut, which you can do if you cut out the Frigate. This way I have board control, I can Horde objectives in missions, and deadly firepower even without a Khemist buff (but with one...ZOMG). 

i appreicate everyones input and agree the first thing id probablg get rid of is the frigate 280 points for what it does is just not worth it. But hopefully ill get a game off with the current list and at least give it a chance before letting it go as for my current army to work i need it as a transport.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, LuckyReplica said:

Also, you cannot move the frigate and then disembark :) Disembark happens in the hero phase...

This is a bit of an old ~ish thread to dig up, but to answer the point the free move is the Ziflin ability 'theres always a breeze if you look for it' which is a move in the hero phase.

@Bimli one key consideration for you is do you want to take the 100% optimised Competative KO list? If yes then listen to @wanderingrogue who has got this out there (as well as significant practice and success with it) if your wanting to have a decent list that’s all mounted up on 2 boats that you can have fun with and will still be “Competative” then your list is really nice. You will with practice have some good results but eventually you will face a match up and lose a battle with the thought of “if only I’d had another x skywardens instead of this frigate.....” however if you have had a bucket of fun along the way would that upset you? 

Im also starting a KO army as a side project and will be taking ironclad and frigate (maybe even a gunhauler as well!!) but I’m doing it knowing that it isn’t going to be a “dialled up to 11” list to have some fun with Pirate Dorfs at the club :-)

Archived