Stormcast a fun army to play?

JonnyTheKing

I like having an elite army with good stats, and varied options. You can play them shooty, you can play them super elite killy with Paladins, or you can make a balanced force. 

Not to mention some of the coolest looking models with the Stardrake, the Dracoth Cavalry, and Knight-Venator.

Yeah, Stormcast is my main army and Ive found it to be extreamly fun. It took me many months to get into them, I didnt like the look of them at first, but now they are definitely my favourite army. There is so much variety. Fast moving units with Dracoths, Palladors, and Prosecutors, great battleline units in Liberators and Judicators, excellent options for shooting, amazing heroes, and intimidating elite units. The Stormcast battletome adds awesome alliegence ability, command traits, and atrifacts. Really the only thing they lack is magic and with allies you can easily remedy that with Archmages, Loremasters, Battlemages, etc. If you like the aestetic of the models you should definitely go for it, they are always interesting to play.

Strength and flexibility - coupled with the knowledge that they are the AoS golden child and won't get taken out to the woodshed anytime soon - makes them quite enjoyable for me. They can be built for just about any style of play (with the execption of magic-heavy) and have a few battalions that still excel post GHB17 nerf. 

Archived