Ironjawz 1250 Tournament list

jake3991

Hey guys theres a 1250 tournament coming up and I wanted to bring my ironjawz!  Looking to get some feedback on the list I have here,  I've got some points to spare and I'm not sure what to take or if I should rework it so I can fit in something else. I can't quite fit in a war chanter with the current load out as it puts me 10 points over.  I have thought about potential opponents and I think that this much heavy infantry is going to be seriously painful for anyone at this point level.  Let me know what you think!! 

Megaboss-140

Ardboyz x10-180

Brutes x10-360

Brutes x10-360

Gore gruntas x2-140

Total 1180

Drop the 10 ardboyz and get 2 warchanters and ironskullz boyz.

Or

Drop the 10 ardboyz take another 3 goregruntas  (as 2 blocks of 3) and the Warchanter. 

Or

Drop the 10 ardboyz take a warchanter and an Ironfist. 

The first gives you a frenzy of violence for both brutes squads and you still have the small defensive unit.

The second puts the most models on the field and gives you two strong heavy cav units to support the brutes.

The last one forgoes models in favour of increasing the mobility of your heavy infantry. A roll of a 1 is still a 25% increase in their move speed. The extra Artefact is a bonus.

Would you consider taking a Cabbage?  Or do you feel like that would be a ****** move at this points level?  Depends how competitive it is and what everyone else is bringing, but if it's gloves off, I would consider:

MBMK   460

War Chanter   80

Weirdnob Shaman   120

Brutes x10   360

Gore Gruntas x3   140

Ironskull's Boyz   80

Total 1240

Great illustration of why Ironskull's Boyz are so useful at 80 points in my opinion!  Just gives you that little bit of flexibility with a cheap unit you can slot in there.

I am intending to crack out the foot Boss at 1000 points just to get some use out of him...but I reckon 1250 would be enough to nudge me back up to the Big Fella.

I'd say the gloves are completely off.  While the Maw Krusha is great, my only concern is major tarpit armies that can be built at this points level (a mass of deathrattle, tomb kings, etc.). Have you ever run the Maw Krusha at this points level?  

I've never played at 1250 points personally.  At 1000 I try to avoid him because these are usually more casual games, and you don't want to win those games just by having one strong warscroll your opponent can't handle.  At 1500 you're definitely into "proper army" territory, and he's excellent.  Your opponent will often have just the one "big thing", and he can often take it off in a one-er.  I'd suspect he'll excel at 1250 for that same reason.

I'd think this army would bite right into a 1250 point tarpit?  You're not carrying much baggage.  All killer, no filler!

But if you really think you're going to get bogged down, he gives you the flexibility to retreat right over the top of them and threaten their backfield.  Tarpit armies tend to rely on going first and pinning you in, so you will likely be on for the double turn.  So he actually gives you an alternative route out of being tarpitted I would think?

2 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

But if you really think you're going to get bogged down, he gives you the flexibility to retreat right over the top of them and threaten their backfield.  Tarpit armies tend to rely on going first and pinning you in, so you will likely be on for the double turn.  So he actually gives you an alternative route out of being tarpitted I would think?

@jake3991His ability to fly and massive movement range is one of the reasons he's such a key model. I didn't suggest it because I was working to try and change the original list as little as possible while fitting in the, in my opinion, mandatory warchanter. The Footboss is far more likely to be tarpitted tbh.

Archived