Seraphon list, c&c please

Gotrek

Dusting off my dinos for a game this weekend against stormcast and was planning on running this list

3x10 saurus guard

Eternity warden

Eternal starhost

Slann (great rememberer)

Skink priest

2x5 chameleon skinks

Bastiladon

Stegadon

So how bad does this suck?

Your Saurus Guard are going to be very tough nuts to crack, depending on what exacty your opponent brings. Stormcast have lots of options for dealing Mortal Wounds, which is the Guards’ only real weakness: every Mortal Wound removes 40 points from the table. My preference would be running the Eternal Starbost with minimum-size units to minimize the the number if points that are vulnerable to Mortal Wounds. That said, I’d be more concerned about keeping your Warden alive, as you lose the best buffs if it goes down. Your big stuff is plenty killy. Look at swapping the Chameleon Skinks for regular skinks to have some cheaper chaff you can bubble wrap with and keep the Mortal wounds at a distance. I’m not a fan of Skink Priest, especially with a Slann. You can replace it with a unit of Skinks. Or drop just one unit of Camo Skinks and the Priest and add a 40-model unit of Skinks.

Sound list unless he goes for a MW SCE one. Then things will be a little grim. Another thing I'd suggest would be to go for 5, 10, 15 groups of guard or 5, 10, 20 and a group of chamos less.

People that are experienced with the starhost tend to play a huge immovable block and 1 more strong rather than splitting into 3 equal groups. The 5man works as an objective holder or fodder to protect the rest.

Another thing to keep in mind : How do you want to play ? This list is really hard to be moved and tough. Do you really need that 2nd tp? What are the situations that you would if so?

Because my guess is that Vast Intellect with Summon Starlight to prevent MW on 6s for example and curse of fates to save that 1 important save or prevent that important wound of the opponent would have a larger impact.

Hope it helped !

I only have the 10 chameleon skinks and i have a thing about symmetry. I hate having different sizes of the same unit. He doesnt run a whole lot in the way of mortal wounds, just the retributors, relictor and dracoth breath so that wont be too much of an issue. He plays a super defensive list (celestant on dracoth with shield, staunch defender, and castellant buff with units of liberators) so itll be a slap fight between the guard and the libs.

13 hours ago, Gotrek said:

I only have the 10 chameleon skinks and i have a thing about symmetry. I hate having different sizes of the same unit. He doesnt run a whole lot in the way of mortal wounds, just the retributors, relictor and dracoth breath so that wont be too much of an issue. He plays a super defensive list (celestant on dracoth with shield, staunch defender, and castellant buff with units of liberators) so itll be a slap fight between the guard and the libs.

Based on what your opponent runs, you're probably looking at 6-12 Mortal Wounds each Battle Round coming your way, depending on how many Starsoul Maces he has, and the particular variant of Dracoth he brings. The more I think about it, I think you'll likely be just fine as long as you don't mind sacrificing a couple Saurus Guard units while your Skinks snag an objective. On the other hand, you can throw some of the skinks under the bus ( and by bus, I mean Dracoth ) to keep them from mangling your Guard. If the Celestant on Dracoth is the only Dracoth, you're even safer than I'm estimating.

Archived