Best competetive 1000pts Khorne list

gottog

6 minutes ago, gottog said:

Hi! If you could take any model from Khorne, StD and allies range, what would be your most tournament competetive list for 1000 pts in Khorne allegiance?

Depends, on the event... some 1000pt games are played on a 4x4 that will effect choices. 

Typically I think Khorne doesn't add a ton of bonusses to 1K games, by large because it means your Blood Tithe point flow is very limited. By comparison a lot of other Battle Traits are also superior to that in that they instantly effect the game, even before the game started for example. Tzeentch, Stormcast, Seraphon or even Fyreslayers for example have added bonusses that actually become even more game changing at lower point levels.

Having said that though I do believe you can have some fun with Khorne at this level. In all cases I'd start out with a Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker. The added Hero after that will often either be an Aspiring Deathbringer, Slaughterpriest or perhaps even a Chaos Lord on Daemonic mount. The latter is a viable choice because 30 Bloodletter blocks are good at any level too and it means you can effectively sneak in a Crimson Crown and Daemonic Hero with a purpose.

Other than the Heroes and that (at least) single block of 30 Bloodletters the added units arn't terrible game changers. One of the cool things about Slaughterpriests at this level is that they do offer you good bonusses and a lot of 1K games can be decided with a combination of two or more Supporting Heroes and a big block of warriors.

So you can basically pick what you want. The only models I wouldn't include at this level are the Bloodthirsters or any other single Monster with cost 250+. The prime reason for this is that they actually are somewhat anti-synergistic for the Blood Tithe point flow. If you do want to include some bigger beasties at this level look no further as a couple of Khorgoraths.

This is what i am playing. You could switch the lord of khorne for more bodies. I prefer him because of the command and that he is pretty killy by his own.

In no way i think this is the best list tho. The 9 drops had provided with a huge amount of.blood tithe (last battle i used he 3 blood tithe ability four times, yeah it was carnage but that allowed me to get the objectives or get in/out to give more threats in a given turn)

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Slaughterborn 
- Artefact: Gorecleaver 

Battleline
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200

Juggy Lord, Skullreapers, Wrathmongers all are good choices,  but a 1000 points you spent too much and who hold obj? 10+10 reavers?

I'm not a very competitive player but in tournament I run a list like this 

Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer (100)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency 
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Rage
30 x Bloodletters (270)
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Axes & Shields
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Total: 990 / 1000

A lot of corpses, the units of 10 reavers are meat shields and the mobs can take obj and output a lot of damage because of banner of rage you re-roll all of the hit rolls if you already re-roll ones, awesome!

By the way you can drop some reavers for Skullreapers for extra mortal wounds

Depends if you know your meta.

At that range, armies usually focus on only one aspect. In my environement, i noticed that people often brings maximum behemoth count OR full shooting armies.

When i am on 1000 points of Bloodbound, i usually bring 2 kind of armies, full bodies, capture objectives and die sooner or later, hoping that i gained enough to prevent the ennemy from winning in the lategame OR a set of Wrathmongers or two to counter that duo of Treelords/durthu/Dragonlord/Gladelord/Stonehorn/monsterofthedarkapocalypse.

At 1000 the game is not nice with the Khorne allegeance, you can't have a formation, so only one object, no formation, no reroll on prayers and so on...

Pretty much what kozokus says. My meta at 1000 points is.heavy on durable big hitters with good mobility and atleast two missions force me to interact with them to be able to win (being optimistic). About how i score, bloodstoker and secrator are backfield scorers, khorgies are excellent midfield scoring units that can deal with pretty much anything at their point cost level, same for the lord of khorne on juggernaut, and the rest with the main army block (screens + big hitters). Your list only has one more unit than mine, scoring really isn't a problem even in the most objective biased missions in my experience. You have better combat synergies and i have better independt units (lord, khorgies).

But you are correct it is not the best list. I think that at 1000 points more than ever bloodletters are essential since they bring rend, mortals and numbers to the table. I would invest more heavily into bloodletters and a wrathmonger unit atleast. At 9 points per 5+ wound  with their damage output they are the most cost effective  units in our army. But i don't have them.  When a durthu sitting on a objective that only behemoths or characters can score, or duality i don't want to pretty much concede if i can't get past its dryads.screen.

Mine probably does a lot worse against shooty armies tho. If i had the whole range, this what i would try out, chaos lord with the demon artifact that adds attacks on 6s, secrator and marauders as backfield scorers, and bloodreavers as screens or scorers depending on the opponent's army composition and mission.

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount(140)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency 

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (270)
30 x Bloodletters (270)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes & Shields

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200

I have been meaning to reply to this for a few days! 

I have had some success with this list: 

• Daemon Prince, 
  • Aspiring Deathbringer (General)
  • Bloodsecrator
  • Lord of Chaos
  • 5 Blood warriors 
  • 40 Marauders
  • 20 Bloodleaters 

The Mortals form a block, and move up battlefield in a ball of death, the Prince and the Letters ball up and go in another direction. 

Archived