Question about Renown

Sharkbelly

I am  away on holiday at the moment but seen as though you haven't got any bites yet I'll share what I remember, I'm pretty sure this is right.

The rules for ending the game only allow some skills and treasure to be retained. When setting up a new adventure the rules state the renown tracker is set to the initial position for all heroes. As there is no mechanic for retaining renown, the answer would be no, renown is not retained.

The logic for me is that even with the protection of the amulets pieces, simply by being in the Silver Tower between adventures saps the characters both mentally and physically. (This is the same explanation of why the limit of skills is set to the amount of amulet pieces held).

As for your second question. I initially mounted the Thurmaturge on a 40 mm square base and I recall that it almost fit in one of the squares. I would say they would be around 35-38 mm x 35-38 mm squares.

I hope this helps and I have not steered you wrong.

• 1 month later...

Bit late to the party, but as the GM or a group you can do as you please if you want to. I play with my kids and we leave the renown tracker where it was for each trial, so when you move onto the next it continues from where you left off. That does mean that sometimes players earn too many skills, but as stated, the end of trial rules sort that out. We also use the new adversaries deck for most encounters as it makes it that much harder, so gaining that renown is a bit tougher, but you can get more of it. 

Archived