Blood Thirster of Unfettered Fury Question

Vextol

Question

Can the ability "Drawn in for the kill" pull guys up and over guys in front of them?  Basically, if the whip hits a hero and they don't die, they move D6 inches toward the blood thirster at the end of the phase.

Does this need to be an unimpeded line or can you crab a hero from behind a line of guys/cover 'fishing style' and yank them up and over to bring them to the front lines?

I like the idea of bringing a hero whose hiding into the fight, but at the same time it’s really silly to lift a glottkin into the air and yank him over like you’re reelling in a marlin xD

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

Going by RAW, no - unless the model can fly.

I don't know... its a tricky bit of wording. Other ability's such as the Slaughterpriests 'Blood Bind'  which does the same thing clearly sates that the move is to be made 'as if it were the movement phase'.  Which is the section of the core rules that says you cannot move though other models. 

If anyone knows of similar abilitys to compare the text too that would be great. 

3 hours ago, Tubs said:

I always pictured the character being grabbed and flung in the air towards the thirster. The ruling is very unclear however

15 minutes ago, Vextol said:

I saw it the same way....grabbed and flung. It’s not very useful otherwise. I mean, maybe it makes making a charge a little easier?  But definitely ripping a unit to the front is much better.

The Big issue is that there is now RAW that says this happens.... But nothing that says it doesnt. Iam currently trying to look for other examples of this rules interaction and see how its worded. 

On 09/11/2017 at 6:21 PM, Uveron said:

I don't know... its a tricky bit of wording. Other ability's such as the Slaughterpriests 'Blood Bind'  which does the same thing clearly sates that the move is to be made 'as if it were the movement phase'.  Which is the section of the core rules that says you cannot move though other models. 

If anyone knows of similar abilitys to compare the text too that would be great. 

If that's your logic then charges and pile-ins *can* move through other models as they don't occur in the movement phase.

You can't move through models without it being explicitly stated you can.

14 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

If that's your logic then charges and pile-ins *can* move through other models as they don't occur in the movement phase.

You can't move through models without it being explicitly stated you can.

I don't know., and please don't say what I have as logic! Its a type of blind confusion ;)

As I said, its only in the movement phase section that clearly says core rules that says you cannot move though other models. You are correct in saying its absence in the Charge and Pile in moves.  But then, As I pointed out the Slaughterpriests 'Blood Bind'  which does the same thing clearly sates that the move is to be made 'as if it were the movement phase'... 

But I see your point. 

Archived