Time Trap discussion!

Wallack

• 2 months later...

On 04/12/2017 at 3:49 PM, Skinnyboy said:

And we have an answer:

Time Trap (#368) Q: Time Trap instructs you to skip your next activation. Does this mean you have to take a Pass on your next activation, or do you get an extra activation and therefore change the turn order? A: When you use Time Trap you take an extra action (not an activation). This action happens in the power step, and you do not flip an activation token when you take the action. You cannot use this action to do something you could not normally do (e.g. make an Attack action with a fighter that has already made a Charge action in this phase). Once you have taken the action, the power step continues. You must take the ‘Pass’ player activation as your next activation, which will be followed by the power step as normal. Time Trap does not change the turn order.

I notice in FAQ v1.2 they changed the example to:

You cannot use this action to do something you could not normally do (e.g. make a Charge action with a fighter that has already made a Move action in this phase).

Is this because the example given in FAQ v1.1 was incorrect? Can I therefore deduce that you can make another attack action even if you’ve charged because you’re not taking an activation?

26 minutes ago, AdamJ said:

I notice in FAQ v1.2 they changed the example to:

You cannot use this action to do something you could not normally do (e.g. make a Charge action with a fighter that has already made a Move action in this phase).

Is this because the example given in FAQ v1.1 was incorrect? Can I therefore deduce that you can make another attack action even if you’ve charged because you’re not taking an activation?

Yes

1 hour ago, AdamJ said:

Yes.  The previous version was in direct opposition to a clearly spelled out rule (one that used making extra Attacks as an example, no less!), so it was wrong.

9 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Yes.  The previous version was in direct opposition to a clearly spelled out rule (one that used making extra Attacks as an example, no less!), so it was wrong.

Thank you for clarifying.

I was reading a print out of FAQ v1.2 alongside some of the forum posts both here and on other websites and couldn't work out why everyone was discussing different wording. It all made sense when I found a cached FAQ v1.1 and matched up the dates. I wish GW would put the updated date directly on the FAQ as I tend to print them out.

Archived