Need help on my 2000 pts FEC amy

Noggab

I'm trying to make competitive 2000 points FEC army and I don't know what I need more. I played couple games with FEC but I haven't won a single game :(

This is what I have atm, and I'm willing to buy more.

Heroes:

Ghoul King on Terrorghiest x1

Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon x1

Ghoul King on Foot x1

Varghulf Courtier x1

Crypt Ghast Courtier x1

Units:

Crypt Horrors x3 (Crypt Flayers x3)... Since I only play with my friends we don't go by the rule "What you see is what you get". 

Crypt Ghouls x40

Behemoth:

Terrorgheist x1

Zombie Dragon x1 

Please help me fellow royal mordants. Also, I don't know what's better to use flayers or horrors.

If you're going pure flesh eaters, you'll need to take big blocks of ghouls, horrors and flayers to see real value from them. Units of 3 are too easy to deal with. Units of 6 aren't bad, but I'd recommend units of 9 - 9 flayers kicking out 36 attacks with  mortal wounds on a 6 is a scary prospect. 

Ghoulswise, its down to personal preference - units of 30 are probably big enough, even with the discount at 40.

From a general point of view, i'd tend towards the terrorgheist for his spell and scream if you combine it with the leadership modifier bubble the artifact gives him. The spell gives you another save after your deathsave, and it's more useful now that the deathsave is a 6+ no matter what. 

As for flayers v Horrors, on paper the flayers are probably better, but I find that the horrors work better, sticking with the army as a whole - i find flayers get more easily isolated with the extra flying movement, and the horrors, even lacking rend, seem to kick out more reliable damage. The flayers scream is nice, but its very situational - some armies can completely ignore it (daemons, death, a lot of high leadership order). Having said that, summoning 3 flayers on the back field to harrass lone characters/warmachines etc using the kings ability isn't a bad strategy - again it's situational

Currently i'm running this with some success: 

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Command Trait : Completely Delusional
- Artefact : The Grim Garland

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)

30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)

30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)

9 x Crypt Horrors (480)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Gives me the chance at a triumph too

Best advice is to keep playing and trying different combos

There are many lists that dont require so many Ghouls, but having 1 big unit would certainly be a good thing.

If you looking at taking bigger units of either Horrors or Flayers also look at the Varghulf. With him and the Courtier for which ever unit your using you can really bump the unit back up once loosing a few. This can also be said for the Ghouls, and if you have 1 big unit this all helps keeping their numbers as well.

Allies are also a good consideration. 1 model I always consider is the Necromancer as his spell buffs mordant units.

If you want some cheap units look at dire wolves as well. they are quick and for 60 points give you 10 wounds and a small enough footprint to get in cover and avoid shooting.

Hope some of this might help

Archived