Retributor Armour Spray

Zitroni

The undercoats will determine the brightness of the spray, I don't use a can but use an airbrush and prime my Stormcast black because it makes the gold slightly darker as I paint mine a darker, more burnished colour. My partner sprayed his white and then gold to get a really bright, shiny appearance. I would probably still use an undercoat though, but it'd be interesting to see how the ones without one paint up! :)

Yes you are right, it might be slightly brighter. I am quite surprised how good it looks and how easy it was. Undercoat or not. I think this is the perfect for my needs as it is a very fast way to do the base color. But keep in mind my goal is right now to speed up the process. I do not want to win a golden Daemon. :)

For coloured sprays, they work fine on plastic*.

For resin and metal I'd recommend you basecoat spray them first (unless sealing them in a vacuum to avoid any contact).

*Unless, as @amysnuggs said, you want to affect that colour via a basecoat (i.e. black to darken).

• 1 year later...

Sorry for thread necromancy, but with my minor question I didn't think it's justified to start a new topic. 

Has anybody else experienced that after about half the can has been used, the spray gets runnier and does not cover the plastic as well as before?

My spray just did that to me, which I find weird, since for the beginning of the priming session, it worked like a charm.

Any recommendations, ideas or exeriences?

22 minutes ago, Frankenfreund said:

Sorry for thread necromancy, but with my minor question I didn't think it's justified to start a new topic. 

Has anybody else experienced that after about half the can has been used, the spray gets runnier and does not cover the plastic as well as before?

My spray just did that to me, which I find weird, since for the beginning of the priming session, it worked like a charm.

Any recommendations, ideas or exeriences?

Which color primer are you using? With gw I've found that the darker sprays are more consistent at looking great from start to finish.  

I've had some moments where the spray gets too close to the model, or spray for longer than needed in a certain area.  This usually results in the runniness or a fuzzy texture on my models.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found that Retributor Spray doesn't go very far? I've only managed to get to 14 models before running out. Admitadly 3 of them were larger models like Venators and Azyros. Haven't gone noticably heavy with the spray either.

Archived