Slann Arcane Vassal

Seraphage

Question

Hello guys, 

I have a question about Slanns’ Arcane Vassal Ability : 

He can pick a skink Vassal to make a cast that is up to 18’’ away from him. If an opponent that is able to dispel is within 18’’ of the Vassal but not from the Slann will he be able to try dispelling ?

Reading the wording of dispelling that “requires a dispelling character be within 18 of a caster casting a spell” I would say he cannot since the Vassal simply channels, doesn’t cast.

Thanks !

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Seraphage said:

Hello guys, 

I have a question about Slanns’ Arcane Vassal Ability : 

He can pick a skink Vassal to make a cast that is up to 18’’ away from him. If an opponent that is able to dispel is within 18’’ of the Vassal but not from the Slann will he be able to try dispelling ?

Reading the wording of dispelling that “requires a dispelling character be within 18 of a caster casting a spell” I would say he cannot since the Vassal simply channels, doesn’t cast.

Thanks !

You have to be in range of the slann, you only measure distance and line of sight from the skink but it is the slann the one that casts.

you are getting confused eith eight where the wording was “ the skink counts as having cast the spell” 

Archived