Official WHQ Adversary Cards Summoned!

Mr. White

I’m all over these like stink on a monkey ... (and if you’ve ever been to the Zoo you know those monkeys are pretty stinky ...) :D

So known new adversaries include:

Nurglings

Skaven Clanrats

Bloodletters

Chaos Warriors

Chaos Marauders

Skullreapers (from the card pics)

Boss Types:

Chaos Lords

Grey Seers

Skaven Warlord (from the card pics)

Known Old cards:

Chaos Sorcerer

Bloodreavers

And we will get cards for adversaries that already exist, to make it easier to use the original adversaries (instead of needing to make our own).

22 hours ago, MacDuff said:

This is excellent news and a sign of ongoing GW support. I just feel sorry for those folks on this site who put so much effort into crafting home brewed ones. :o(

Hey I have spend many hours making my own but ne sure I will be first in line to get the official ones. Interesting though that only chaos asversaries are in this pack

3 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Hey I have spend many hours making my own but ne sure I will be first in line to get the official ones. Interesting though that only chaos asversaries are in this pack

The chaos adversaries are in line with the adversaries from both Hammerhal and Silver Tower.

The only non-chaos adversaries in the official  WHQ sets (so far) have been the Grot Scuttlings. (Which only exist in the Silver Tower set.)

I’d be up for Some Destruction and Death ... Both would be great for re-making the original WHQ expansions.

The Shadows over Hammerhal is very much a “order against chaos” feel. While it could be played with chaos/death or destruction heroes... it doesn’t have quite the same vibe.

Its gonna be really interesting to see how these new adversaries will balance. Many of the heroes from the hero pack was so badly balanced that they seemed untested to be honest. Most ST and SOH games begame very easy if one or more players picked their hero from the hero pack. By any luck some of these adversaries might tip the scales back.

Really looking forward to these.  It was the old WHQ bestiary that sparked my interest in collecting a wide range of miniatures from different armies.  Now here’s a way to put them to use again.  Do you think these will be able to just be used to randomize in place of an adversary table?

9 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Which ones did you find were overpowered? Just curious.

I hope that when we eventually see Destruction and Death, they will have their own campaigns. :-D

The Bloodstoker in particular was eventually banned from my group as he was way too overpowered but in general we found out that many of the heroes from the hero pack were able to remove so many adversaries every turn that very often there would be none or very few left for the adversary phase. Some of the heroes instead were so tanky that only in the most extreme of situations in the ST or at the deepest levels of SOH did adversaries present any real danger. As a result the heroes only ever lost to very bad luck.

Not all of these are OP but those are the heroes we have played more or less on a regular in my group:

- Knight Questor: (achieved a 2+ save that he could reroll during SOH that killed some exitement after he singlehanded killed off 10 reavers, 10 acolytes and 3 blightkings.

- Necromancer: vulnerable to melee but is very often able to use skelleton meatshields to block off all adversaries.

- Skaven Warlord, Grey Seer, Wight King,  Lore Master, Doomseeker, Lord Celestant, Mistweaver Saih, Assassin, Tenebrael Shard, Excelsior Warrior Priest, Cogsmith, Blood Secretor, Bloodstoker, Plague Lord.

41 and Chaos so let's start counting:
Silver Tower:
1. Gaunt Summoner
2. Ogroid Thaumaturge
3. Skaven Deathrunner
3. Tzaangors
4. Horrors (1 or 3 cards)
5. Kairic Acolytes
6. Screamers of Tzeentch
7. Flamers of Tzeentch
8. Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch
9. Herald of Tzeentch
Shadows over Hammerhal:
10. Chaos Sorcerer Lord
11. Putrid Bightkings
12. Bloodreavers
13. Blood Warriors
14. Wrathmongers
15. Tzaangor Skyfires
16. Plaguebearers
From White Dwarf:
17. Tzaangor Enlightened
Leaked from White Dwarf:
18. Nurglings
19. Skullreapers
20. Skaven Warlord
21. Clanrats
22. Bloodletters
23. Chaos Warriors
24. Marauders
25. Chaos Lord
26. Grey Seer
From Warhammer Community post:
27. Lord of Plagues
Probably (also from post): 
28. Exalted Deathbringer
That leaves 13 positions. Let's assume models cannot be on bases bigger than 50mm (given Ogroid). All models so far have been plastic. That leaves us with (in no particular order):
-Stormvermin
-Bloodsecrator
-Bloodstoker
-Bullgors
-Bestigors
-Gors
-Ungors
-Great Bray-Shaman
-Rat Ogres
-Plague Monks
-Night Runners
-Slaughterpriest (x2?)
-Skullgrinder
-Skarr Bloodwrath
-Aspiring Deathbringer
-Deamonettes
-Gutrot Spume
-Darkoath Chieftain
-Slambo ( =P )

Some choices like Night Runners, Rat Ogres, Gutrot Spume or Slambo are probably not going to get in. Some like Exalted Deathbringer may take 2 cards (because there are 2 different models)

On 31/10/2017 at 7:23 PM, MacDuff said:

This is excellent news and a sign of ongoing GW support. I just feel sorry for those folks on this site who put so much effort into crafting home brewed ones. :o(

On the plus side, it'll be interesting to compare the Adversaries I wrote earlier on this year to these new cards.

I was thinking of trying to add particular Shadespire warbands into WHQ anyway, so this also gives me a good reason to revisit my previous efforts!

Archived