Downsizing Free Peoples collection- How to stay moderately good?

arka0415

I posted here a while back before I got sucked into the new Warhammer 40k 8th Edition. I have a sizable Free Peoples collection, but I think I need to downsize it- I just don't think I can paint all of these wacky infantry, at least not for the time being.

I have the following models ready-to-use. It's light on infantry, but at least for a while I don't think I can get the other 60+ infantry painted up.

1x General, 1x Grey Battlemage, 1x Warpriest, 1x Witch Hunter, 1x Gunmaster

20x Freeguild Guard w/ Halberds and Shields

30x Freeguild Handgunners (or Crossbowmen, they're unassembled)

1x Cannon, 1x Hellblaster Volleygun (or Helstom Rocket Battery, it's convertable)

1x Steam Tank

I'm pretty sure this is 1500 points exactly. Using allegiance abilities, artifacts, Great Companies, etc., can this be made into a conceivably viable force? Or are these unit just not viable at all?

• 3 weeks later...

If you plan to run a pure Free People army, this choice will become very clear. A lot of your choices sit outside of the Free People and into the other former Empire factions (Ironweld, Collegiate, Devoted, Compendium). 

My personal recommendation is to stop playing 40k. 

Assuming that you don’t follow my recommendation, I would de-prioritise the Witch Hunter, Warpriest and Cannon. 

If you plan to run a Mixed Order... then it will come down to your list design. 

Archived