The Painting Contract -November 2017

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for  November 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/ Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Shadespire as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

After my disastrous " Build and paint a stormcast army" pledge last month I'm going to aim to paint something achievable. I'm going to paint a unit of blight kings.

This month I would like to urge you all to try and do a realistic pledge so we can all have a jolly good pat on the back at the end of the month!

Enjoy!

Mohojoe  & TheOtherJosh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

realistic ehh?

- 3 Daemonettes + finally taking the picture and posting the fluff. 

- trebuchet 

- Look out gnoblar 

- mounted sorceress 

After that everything is stretch because moving house took a lot of time last month(hey, who knew) and i’m still catching up. 

- base my chariot 

- paint the mounted slaanesh lord to finish my 1K slaaneshi Spartans. 

Ok then I want to finish these two blood warriors so I have 20 done and the paint a unit of skull reapers.

After that my stretch is to kitbash and paint 5 wrath mongers. Thy are the last unit in my current 2k khorne list and once they are done the manager of my local store had challenged me to fight his death army! So I have quite an incentive.

Last month I ended up sidetracked a bunch... 9_9

So here goes:

- Paint the rest of the SCE Shadespire warband and have at least 2 of the 5 reavers completed.

Stretch Goals:

- Build the two new Shadespire warbands (skeletons and orcs)

- Prime a burning chariot of Tzeentch (in prep for next month while priming weather is still good)

- Actually Paint the Gaunt Summoner and Familiars ... (no really) ¬¬

- (not AoS ... but on the Paint bench and needs to be competed ... Prime the weapons and carapace for my imperial knight ...) :ph34r:

Hi, I'm new here! I've set myself goals for stuff I want to finish before going to Dublin on the 23rd of November and splurging on more grey plastic at the GW there (no GW in my country), so I figure I might as well share them here as well.

Main goals:

- Finish the Spire of Dawn Archmage (currently basecoated and shaded, needs highlights and detail work as well as finishing the base)

- Finish basing the Spire of Dawn gryphon rider and priming the base

- Gaunt Summoner and 4 Chaos Familiars (currently assembled; need basing work, priming and painting)

- Darkoath Chieftain (currently primed)

- Silver Tower Tzaangors x3 (currently primed, but I haven't quite worked out a colour scheme for them)

Stretch goals:

- Silver Tower Deathrunner (currently assembled, needs basing, priming and painting)

- Silver Tower Warpriest and Gryph Hound (currently primed)

Last month I finished my core goals (8 Blood Warriors & a Blood Secrator) but did not reach my stretch target ?

I will aim to complete my 10 Blood Reavers and the Blood Stoker. Then paint Garreks Blood Reavers. 

Stretch - Paint something else either another batch of Blood Reavers or a squad of Wrath Mongers.

Due to work and illness i didn't manage anything from last month's pledge, so here we go again:

Finish the second half of the Sigmarite Mausoleum 

Finish my Arknaught Company

Finish the First Strike 40k starter box

And if there's any time left start the Vanguard Chamber from the Blightwar box

This is perfect! I’m away from home working and have goals that more or less line up with two months of this. I’d been doing a mini project and then flying home to Ireland with the results every 12-14 weeks.. so time for the last stretch!!

My goal for completion prior to flying home in December is a death lords force, with one of each. Scene is Nagash on throne with 12 Morghasts and 3 Mortarchs kneeling down to him. Inspired by THAT slayer sword entry.

Goals for November are:

• Covert remaining Morghast (9 converted, 3 to go)
  • Paint 12 Morghast
  • Build/Convert Nagash

Stretch Goals (Remainder of Project to finish by Xmas):

• Paint Nagash
  • Convert and Paint the Three Mortarchs

Cheers!

M

I greatly enjoyed this past month's painting challenge.  I was able to stay on task up until the last week due to home problems, but that happens.  I still got more painted up than I anticipated!

This month, I'm keeping my goals reasonable.  The holidays will be coming up later in November, and with that comes even more family time than usual.  As such, instead of "seeing what I can get done", I hope to finish what I started in October, and then move on to other units and models.

• First, finish up October's models: 5 Ardboys and 3 Gore-gruntas and preliminary basing work
  • Touch up and detail work for October models (brightening colors, eyes/teeth, special effects on Shaman/Warchanter)
  • Next three Gore-gruntas and 5 Brutes
  • If that all gets done, then remaining 5 Brutes, Gargant, and work on non-GW dragon model

Beyond that, I'll need to actually acquire more  Ironjawz models.  This is as close as I've been in a long time to actually having a "finished" army!

Let's see if November will be more productive than October, probably not as there are some worktrips coming up.

But this month the aim will be to finish those 5 liberators left over from October and 10 judicators to give the whole battleline some color.

Well, since I'm starting my converted Sky Pirates KO army, lots of things to do!

So for me in november my "wishlist" is as follows (quite big):

- Make 10 skaven "Arkanaut Company with 3 skyhooks" count as unit

- Make 20 orruk/goblin "Free People Handgunners" count as unit

- Make 1 Duardin Gyrocopter "Knight Azyros" count as unit

- Make 1 KO Flying ship "Drakeseer" count as unit

Hehehehehe, would put more, but let's keep the expectations lower... Unfortunately no painting yet... :(

Let's see!

Cheers

AJ

See if i can keep up the pace (might have eye's bigger than my belly):

10 Grave Guard,

10 Skeletons spear & 10 board'n'sword,

VloZd,

Coven Throne & Mortis Engine,

Nagash.

If i manage to finish all of these then i've got 15 Blood Knights to build & paint.

Alright, got the terrain for the Armies on Parade board done on time last month so that was good!  Made lots of progress on the Tzeentch Skirmish warband, (completely finished the 2 pink horrors and 2 blue horros, but only have paint on the gaunt summoner, chaos hound, and 5 tzaangors) so will work on finishing them up this week, since the game is Nov 4th! 

Then, I need to get some paint on my 9 primed Kharadron Overlord Endrinriggers.

20 hours ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

Well, since I'm starting my converted Sky Pirates KO army, lots of things to do!

So for me in november my "wishlist" is as follows (quite big):

- Make 10 skaven "Arkanaut Company with 3 skyhooks" count as unit

- Make 20 orruk/goblin "Free People Handgunners" count as unit

- Make 1 Duardin Gyrocopter "Knight Azyros" count as unit

- Make 1 KO Flying ship "Drakeseer" count as unit

Hehehehehe, would put more, but let's keep the expectations lower... Unfortunately no painting yet... :(

Let's see!

Cheers

AJ

Do you have plog? Because I would love to see this (have the concept on a wish list as well. And guess who the admiral will be.... :D )

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Do you have plog? Because I would love to see this (have the concept on a wish list as well. And guess who the admiral will be.... :D )

No yet, Kramer, will do one this weekend... I have this post with the development so far, not much yet, just the normal duarding Arkanauts with converted skyhooks, an Orruk "Kaptin" count as Freeguild General on Foot, the gyrocopter "Knight Venator" and the "Master of Beer" (count as Navigator or objective marker) so far...

And lovely to have someone else with the same ideas/project! Feel free to share your concepts, we can do a "Pirate Grand Alliance" on the Mortal Realms! ;)

As for the Captain... Difficult... Jack Sparrow? Barbossa? Davvy Jones? Ahab (I love Moby ******!)? hehehehehe, tell, tell, tell!!

Cheers

AJ

46 minutes ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

No yet, Kramer, will do one this weekend... I have this post with the development so far, not much yet, just the normal duarding Arkanauts with converted skyhooks, an Orruk "Kaptin" count as Freeguild General on Foot, the gyrocopter "Knight Venator" and the "Master of Beer" (count as Navigator or objective marker) so far...

And lovely to have someone else with the same ideas/project! Feel free to share your concepts, we can do a "Pirate Grand Alliance" on the Mortal Realms! ;)

As for the Captain... Difficult... Jack Sparrow? Barbossa? Davvy Jones? Ahab (I love Moby ******!)? hehehehehe, tell, tell, tell!!

Cheers

AJ

Look at my avatar.... ;) 

Also a big clue into how monopose my arkanoughts will be :D 

Your conversion are top notch! Will give it a longer look later tonight. 

Archived