customize your shadespire

tea_wild_owl

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all very homey-craft store like, but here's my "terrain" plus Shardfall and Katophrane Relic tokens:

pXXwfNF.jpg

Here's my 3rd terrain piece, plus tokens for the objective markers (after the tiles are flipped over and revealed:

ueEs85E.jpg

I didn't have anything that remotely looked like a helmet for objective #1 so I just made it a pile of clear crystals.

Finished up my Shadespire customization with four game boards.  I hadn't tried anything like this before, but months ago I put up some photos of my boards on BGG.  I was pretty happy with the results but sadly I didn't reinforce the foamcore and two of my board were damaged, but they looked like this:

2nT1hCz.jpg

Sometime later, someone posted their 3D boards on BGG and they just looked amazing.  The post is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1917678/3d-shadespire-boards-and-some-how-instructions

I liked what he did a lot and came to realize that what he did wasn't too far off from what I had done, just with a lot more detail and effort (plus some bits from GW terrain sets I don't have).  So I decided to try and replicate what he did with what I have access to, and using the terrain pieces I'd already made to liven up the standard boards.  Yes, I completely stole the inlaid glass beads since they look really, really good:

0zg4kMH.jpg

gn5Mnl9.jpg

SsbS7Tw.jpg

fgVTA6p.jpg

6 hours ago, Nicholas Bollaert said:

Wow! What did you use for the hex bases of the scenery? MDF?

Thank you, I can’t paint models for toffee, scenery I can just about make look good.

yes, mdf. Pre cut from a here https://www.redbeamdesigns.com but they appear to have been bought out or shut down. Sure you can pick them up on eBay now. Just glued some rubble bits to them, dry brushed and hey presto. 

26 minutes ago, Changer said:

Here’s my completed display board and scenery ready for the grand clash at warhammer world this weekend. Hope you like it.

Well... that ... is pretty awesome ... :x

The blocking terrain built into the display base, the cobblestone ... It looks like you’re using the new scenery kit for the rubble arch and grating. The gutter water going into the base for Spiteclaw ... 

What did you use for the cobblestones and blocking terrain basing? Greenstuff? Plasticard?

(Any blog posts that covered some of your build process?)

That’s quite spectacular!

25 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Well... that ... is pretty awesome ... :x

The blocking terrain built into the display base, the cobblestone ... It looks like you’re using the new scenery kit for the rubble arch and grating. The gutter water going into the base for Spiteclaw ... 

What did you use for the cobblestones and blocking terrain basing? Greenstuff? Plasticard?

(Any blog posts that covered some of your build process?)

That’s quite spectacular!

Thanks! It’s plasticard cut into strips, then tiles, and then shaved on the top edges. I’ve got LOADS of wip pictures that I’ve taken over the past few weeks. I’ll probably do a post in my shadespire plog after the event. Here’s one wip showing you the raw tiles. Decided not to use the death statue thing in the end as he display would have been top heavy. 

The best thing is, the entire thing (warband, board, scenery, deck and dice etc) fit into a single skirmish case!!

66E07FA6-242D-4236-A8A9-B4612B9B6506.jpeg

5 hours ago, Changer said:

Here’s my completed display board and scenery ready for the grand clash at warhammer world this weekend. Hope you like it.

That's just beautiful! Must have taken quite a while to do the floor tile by tile, but the effort has definitely paid off! Have you made the 3-hex blocker as well, or are these two for display only? And will we see display boards for other warbands?:D

8 hours ago, mcmattila said:

That's just beautiful! Must have taken quite a while to do the floor tile by tile, but the effort has definitely paid off! Have you made the 3-hex blocker as well, or are these two for display only? And will we see display boards for other warbands?:D

Thanks! Everything, including painting the warband etc took about 6 week. I haven’t made a 3 hex, but the way the tiles are lined up means that if I put the two and one hex pieces on the three hex board together, then they match up!

A bit crazy I know....

• 1 month later...

I got my blocker set finished today. It's a "Shadowpike Ruins" set. I originally wanted to do a set from scratch, but as I don't have much in the way of raw materials at hand, ordering all of the stuff would have been more expensive as this beautiful resin set. This was my first time working with resin, and I was pretty impressed after hearing all the horror stories. The models required hardly any cleanup (just tidying the hex edges), didn't have any holes where there wasn't supposed to be and no bent bits. The details are very sharp, which admittedly made painting a bit slower, and I probably missed a few nooks and crannies.

qulGyyW.jpg

mPlNiCP.jpg

zvA4NYu.jpg

PxXs09F.jpg

gDxYUJf.jpg

And here's also a WIP pic of my Orcs, I did some head swaps. Now Ironskull's got some actual iron in his skull!

WRQqgTw.jpg

• 1 month later...

My son got a 3d printer for Christmas and I've stolen some time on it to print some Shadespire terrain. It's not as nice as most of the ones on display here, but it's still better than no terrain at all. ?

The printer bed is not big enough to print 3 hex terrain (it can barely fit the 2 hex terrain on it), so I printed some extra 2 hex & 1 hex terrain and plan to use them together to represent the 3 hex terrain.

1531497592241.jpg1531497678049.jpg1524578765824.jpg

Loving all the hex blockers, very cool! Gonna make myself some now lol :)

Thought I'd post here too!

Hiya everyone! Took the plunge with Shadespire, and I must say I love it! Really inspiring warbands here does help :)

I like how Steelheart's Champions play, but I'm still not sold on the Stormcast Eternal vibe. So I thought I'd do something a lil different.

Presenting my Bretonnian Warband! They are still wip, but thought I'd share my progress.

First up is Annette Bertrand (Angharad Brightshield)

WIP

2vink36.jpg

Archived