customize your shadespire

tea_wild_owl

What I meant, is that if you want to use completely different models, go for stormcast, is very easy to identify who is the leader, who is the guy with the big hammer and who is the gal with the shield if you use completely different models.

You want to play aelves but there are none? Get a leader without a shield, a guy with a shield and a guy with a big weapon. And there is, in my opinion, no room for confusion. The same as the guy who used some bliztknights replacing the stormcasts, he used a guy with the same pose as severin, a guy with the same pose as obryn but a big axe instead of a hammer and a guy with a similar pose to brightshield, which also had a shield so it was basically impossible to be confused there in my opinion.

Is basically what I meant, I honestly don't want to change just weapons or heads, I like the models as they are but I might play with different stormcast models or have a second stormcast warband using a retributor in place of Obryn, a Knight Errant replacing Severin and a Knight Questor replacing Brightshield as is easy to identify.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My young son and I play our own version. He can’t read so we currently play without cards. He also loves collecting so wants more figures to move around and beat me with.

Tempted to expand the  Warbands with the storm of Sigmar box. As the retributors and blood warriors are surely the basis of future Warbands shown in the shattered reflections. I can kill 4 birds with one stone adding the liberators and blood reavers to the existing Warbands.  Ironjaws and skeletons are easy enough to pick up. Quite exited about coming up with new character names. 

we are not painting the models, just the growing collection of scenery to add interest to the game. But I would like to spray if possible any additions the same colours as the Warbands. 

can anyone tell me if the Warbands base colours we have are standard colours? If so could anyone identify the closest or exact match?

10 minutes ago, Sim said:

can anyone tell me if the Warbands base colours we have are standard colours? If so could anyone identify the closest or exact match?

Well the plastics are different colours too. My two Core Sets arnt the same for example :)

However you wil like the following:

Garreks Reavers, Memphiston Red spray. 

Steelhearts, Macragge Blue spray.

Ironskulls, Calliban Green.

Guard, Zandri Dust.

Though frankly painting them is cooler and all you need is one black spray really.

6 hours ago, Killax said:

Well the plastics are different colours too. My two Core Sets arnt the same for example :)

However you wil like the following:

Garreks Reavers, Memphiston Red spray. 

Steelhearts, Macragge Blue spray.

Ironskulls, Calliban Green.

Guard, Zandri Dust.

Though frankly painting them is cooler and all you need is one black spray really.

One day. The colours help a 4 year old know which are his!

5 hours ago, Killax said:

The idea has a shape now, will clean it all up this weekend to look nice.

Anyone got tips on how to remove the shoulder pads the most effectively?

Its also a pitty Brightshield has much smaller shoulder pads!

A dremel with grindbits of various sizes should do the trick!

57 minutes ago, Attackmack said:

A dremel with grindbits of various sizes should do the trick!

Oooh gotta borrow that from a friend then! Well he will be here tomorrow. Luckily I have a second kit in case I ****** things up too badly. 

Cheers,

24 minutes ago, Killax said:

Oooh gotta borrow that from a friend then! Well he will be here tomorrow. Luckily I have a second kit in case I ****** things up too badly. 

Cheers,

I havent done a lot of conversions and very few requiring the Dremel but the grindbit (basically a sphere with teeth or in other cases oval shape covered with sandpaper) will allow you to gently grind away only what you need to/want to. Its tedious, noisy and messy but whats not to love about that :D 

edit:

Since your doing shoulderpads I dont think you can mess up beyond repair. Since the area will be covered by a new shoulderpad, worst case scenario you just put some greenstuff to even it out then the shoulderpad on top!

So I am wanting to go pretty deep into customization for a Slaanesh warband. I am currently working on using the rules of Khorne, but making cards that have names/descriptions to match Slaanesh. Everything would be the exact same with a side note of the card stating what the original was (and of course I will keep the original on hand)

My question is does anyone already have a digital file that they have used to start creating cards?

39 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Looks ace, what are you using for the ruins?

Thanks, I'm not a painter but pretty pleased with them. I bought some resin ruins from a company called dands-gaming on ebay (i am no way associated, I have struggled to find reasonably priced resin pieces). The bases they come on are nice and thin so can be cut with sprue clippers to fit 60mm hexes. The wall is from a corner piece they sell which i smashed the base of with a hammer! used the shattered pieces as basing on others like the gardens of morr statue and I have a second wall to base yet.

I am pondering what shapes they might make the unpassable hexes on the future boards, a tight 4 hex block gives some great opportunities. I guess these can always be pushed together to cover any size or shape.

I feel serious need for a smashed fountain in the future.

And my warband. I wanted a more gladiatorial vibe. I plan on expanding into Skirmish and Path to Glory. For now, they are stand-ins for my Reavers.  I could probably sub them in for Orruks as well. I can't wait for somebody to figure out the custom card thing....

IMG_0575.JPG

14 hours ago, Dawk said:

My board pieces. Made from Heroscape  hexes and bits from Osgiliath. The creativity in this community is fantastic.

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

Could you post the recipe for painting the rocks (floor) and the walls (ruins) ? Love the results.

9 hours ago, Dawk said:

And my warband. I wanted a more gladiatorial vibe. I plan on expanding into Skirmish and Path to Glory. For now, they are stand-ins for my Reavers.  I could probably sub them in for Orruks as well. I can't wait for somebody to figure out the custom card thing....

IMG_0575.JPG

They look absolutely great!
I'm having a hard time seeing if they are converted reavers or original minis though. A bit hard to see who is supposed to be who.
At least the individual miniatures are easily distinguishable - Dual swords guy, spear guy, net guy, shield and sword guy and boss guy ;) 

1 hour ago, Goblin-King said:

They look absolutely great!
I'm having a hard time seeing if they are converted reavers or original minis though. A bit hard to see who is supposed to be who.
At least the individual miniatures are easily distinguishable - Dual swords guy, spear guy, net guy, shield and sword guy and boss guy ;) 

I think they are kairic acolytes with marauder helmets and stormcast weapons. I think the big guy is the free slaughterpriest that came with a white dwarf like a year or two ago.

This is my favorite thread on the forums right now. The 3d ruins make things so much better on the boards.

Thundercake hit the nail on the head...Kairic bodies, Marauder helmets and Stormcasr swords weapons/shields. My local group is fine with conversions but I have the originals in case my opponent would rather me use those.

the stone was base coated with Rakarth, then Aggrax wash, then Karak, Deneb, ushabti, screaming skull, pallid Wycherley, then white.  All dry brushed, lighter applications as I went. Hope that helps....

Archived