Are slaughterpriests fair?

Gotrek

49 minutes ago, MOMUS said:

Keeping skaven competitive isn't a valid reason to shield SF from legitimate criticism. The fact that one unit keeps a whole faction in the game should be a indicator of how BS and OTT they are.

If we look at priests in the same light they aren't the one unit keeping BoK in the game.

3 with gore pilgrims is pretty much the optimum so judging priests from that will give you a skewed view.

I enjoy playing priests due to their flexibility and the tactical options they offer, they are easy to counter and come with their own intrinsic drawbacks which leads to a risk reward management style of play I like.

That's a weird statement.

Comparing the one unit that keeps a faction in the game to a unit that's one of many strong units in a faction is a very different initial situation and not comparable in any sort of way.

Especially regarding the initial question " Are Slaughterpriest fair?", I was very confident that the statement "BUT STORMFIENDS!!", without above context,  would get us nowhere but into another trivial and tedious discussion of people passing the buck.

1 hour ago, Spiny Norman said:

That's a weird statement.

Comparing the one unit that keeps a faction in the game to a unit that's one of many strong units in a faction is a very different initial situation and not comparable in any sort of way.

Especially regarding the initial question " Are Slaughterpriest fair?", I was very confident that the statement "BUT STORMFIENDS!!", without above context,  would get us nowhere but into another trivial and tedious discussion of people passing the buck.

I think we are making the same point, in the context of fairness priests value comes from their flexibility (which is awesome in an entire combat army) a good commander can use this flexibility in 101 different ways making the khorne army as a whole harder to counter, whereas SF are the living embodiment of deus ex machina. 

Archived