The Future of Nurgle

LLC

I think it's Battletome is still around the corner.

I also look at my Deviantart account from time to time to see what kind of artwork GW has in store for us. Without suprise, there is a ton of Nurgle Age of Sigmar artwork on there that I believe isn't covered in the Blightwar booklet. We have a father nurgle stirring over a pot, we have Deathguard Daemonic art that could easily be used for Age of Sigmar aswell (the realm they are in is heavily invested) and we have Nurgle's Battletrait.

The real question is if it will happen in December or 2018, either is still very possible. It has a great model line allready and really would require the minimum ammount of new models to appear on a competitive scene if it gained it's Command Traits, Artefacts and Spell Lore.

Not dumb at all, it just depends on what you want to buy and want to do with Nurgle.
Going with mixed Nurgle is actually a great move, get some Blightkings, some Plaguebearers, a Pestilence Warmachine etc. If you like the models you might aswell.

For tournament or competitive play you can play Nurgle heavy but I do think your still set in playing Grand Allegiance Chaos instead of Allegiance Nurgle because otherwise you have no acces to Command Traits or Artefacts, alternatively you could play Slaves to Darkness Nurgle heavy or Skaven Pestilens who are also all Nurgle.

Well Right now a second start collecting and an Exhalted Greater Deamon of Nurgle are on the table.

I dont have a lot of money to put into this right now as I'm finishing up my university studies.

By "on the table" I meant to purchase!

And ok, so what you're saying is, they won't change the existing units, like drones and pb so investing in them isn't a bad idea. And since the warscroll for the Exhalted Greater Deamon of Nurgle is rather new, it's safe to say it won't change that much?

@NurglesFirstChosenAren't plague toads just worse versions of drones? I can't figure out why you'd use them instead (especially since the models are more expensive).

1 hour ago, Killax said:

Not dumb at all, it just depends on what you want to buy and want to do with Nurgle.
Going with mixed Nurgle is actually a great move, get some Blightkings, some Plaguebearers, a Pestilence Warmachine etc. If you like the models you might aswell.

For tournament or competitive play you can play Nurgle heavy but I do think your still set in playing Grand Allegiance Chaos instead of Allegiance Nurgle because otherwise you have no acces to Command Traits or Artefacts, alternatively you could play Slaves to Darkness Nurgle heavy or Skaven Pestilens who are also all Nurgle.

LOL are the GA:Chaos traits and artifacts really worth basically punting on your battle trait? The cycle of corruption is so good, I choose Nurgle allegiance over GA:C every time. 

30 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

LOL are the GA:Chaos traits and artifacts really worth basically punting on your battle trait? The cycle of corruption is so good, I choose Nurgle allegiance over GA:C every time. 

for me sure. i can't imagine playing the harbinger without talisman and the plaguetouched without cunning deceiver!

3 hours ago, Killax said:

Hey you just pretty much described my army there.. throw in a couple of drones and bile troggoths and thats it.

However having waited for the second coming of Nurgle (or any kind of Nurgle releases) since july. And so I decided to let the green guys rest until we know more. When we finally do get a battletome I will be sure to return but for now I spend my Nurgle time building Garden scenery and flirting with Tzeentch (sorry papa).

Though I prefer Nurgle I gotta say that is it a nice for a change to build an army that has been tailored for AOS instead of one where you have to go through 3-4 factions to build a steady army and even so you still lack, rend, speed and mortal wounds.

1 hour ago, LLC said:

Oh huh. Where do you see points for the Forgeworld stuff??

And they have a 5+ and a 4+? that's nice.

Their damage seems pretty lackluster and that's more what I find myself missing.

You just described most everything Nurgle.

@LLC seems to me 12 plague toads are a much better option than 30 pb’s. Only 50 points extra for an additional 18 wounds. Plus they’re hardier, faster, are potentially more destructive in close combat  and have a ranged attack too. 

But regarding the future of Nurgle, at the very least we need buffs that allow us to play to our strengths (plus more mortal wound delivery). Or alternatively some new units that make us more dynamic. 

38 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

@LLC seems to me 12 plague toads are a much better option than 30 pb’s. Only 50 points extra for an additional 18 wounds. Plus they’re hardier, faster, are potentially more destructive in close combat  and have a ranged attack too. 

But regarding the future of Nurgle, at the very least we need buffs that allow us to play to our strengths (plus more mortal wound delivery). Or alternatively some new units that make us more dynamic. 

This makes sense to me. Again though, where are you guys getting the point for Forgeworld stuff? I can't find points for any of it.

Im desperate for Pestigors, and the more they look like the metal ones the better. Not holding my breath though, as I see it Nurgle might just well be the best represented faction by gw. Glottkinn, Primarch, whole Death guard, plague bearers, blightlords, horticulus, toad dragons, tamurkhan, bile troll, plague ogres, no less than three daemon princes, kazyk, gutrot spume, sorcerer. Nurglings, plague drones, blight drones. Really one of the best Chaos Gods in terms of Choice, but those pestigors need to fill my ever needing materialism. 

@Kronos You do make a good argument, that being said a lot of what you were referring to is 40k. 

Nurgle mortals simply don’t offer much choice, apart a few named characters which offer very little in terms of synergy (who are no longer applicable fluff wise as they’ve all been killed off in the end of times/aos novels haven’t they?).

And look at the guo  model... it’s nearly as old as I am. Who knows what gw will do, but if they plan on bringing nurgle upto scratch with khorne and tzeentch, then there is a lot of work to do. 

20 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I think cunning deciever is one of the worst traits of chaos, and the talisman is pretty lack luster as well. I never take either of them. I have yet to hear an arguement for either that convinced me they are good. 

Cunning deceiver is amazing IMO- came up against Kharadron and it saved my bacon, and is useful against Alpha striking, useful against Skyfire spam stopping auto D3 wounds etc

Definitely worth a second look!

Archived