3,200 point+ painted Ogor army - Further reduction; must go ASAP!!

Chris Tomlin

Hi guys,

With the Sylvaneth now shifted, it's time to focus on selling another one of my armies as I continue to try and sort my finances! :S 

Back in 7th edition WFB I speed painted my 3rd Ogre Kingdoms army and later sold this to a friend. With the release of the 8th edition Ogre Kingdoms book he asked me to paint up some of the new releases (Stonehorn, Mournfang).

Earlier this year I was given the opportunity to buy back this army, which isn't something that is usually offered, so I went for it. The idea was to rebase on rounds and slowly upscale the paint jobs of the army so it all matched in with my Ironjawz for a sweet mixed Destruction force. Unfortunately the GH2017 kinda puts pay to that idea as unless I want to forgo the new Ironjawz abilities (I don't!) then I'm not able to ally in the Ogors.

This did make it an easy decision for me to sell the Ogors again and the money will of course be helpful to me. I am currently in the progress of finishing off the rebasing project and will add photos once complete (hopefully in the next week), but thought I'd gauge a bit of interest beforehand.

The models are all painted to a pretty basic standard, but are more than acceptable for tournament play and actually look pretty good on the table. The Frostlord on Stonehorn is the only model where I started my planned idea of making them fit with the Ironjawz, so he has a couple of different colours on him, but doesn't stand out too much.

I also have 4 unpainted Mournfang I could add to this army if required (I would not be willing to paint them though I'm afraid) and a Huskard on Thundertusk that is half painted by a friend.

There may be superficial damage here and there as per any army that has been played with. I've completed any majors repairs that were required.

In terms of the models, there are 30 Ogors on 40mm bases. Thankfully due to the FAQ, any of the bellowers or the standard bearer can be used in Ogor / Leadbelcher / Irongut units. So with this in mind, the unit sizes below are guidelines and you could mix it around as you like. Unfortunately there aren't many bellowers/standards, but I do have some spare parts I could include for you to perhaps glue standards into the ground etc. This can be discussed in detail with interested parties. The standards have some "interesting" things written on them (#Eurghhh and #yourenotmoving), this was at the request of the previous buyer!

The army contains the following models;

Leaders

• Tyrant (160) - Two hand weapons, metal
  • Tyrant (160) - Great gut gouger, pistol (finecast Bragg model with converted weapon)
  • Butcher (140) - metal
  • Butcher (140) - metal
  • Bruiser Standard Bearer (140) - converted metal maneater
  • Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)

Units

• 6 x Ogors (240)
  • 6 x Ogors (240)
  • 3 x Ogors (120)
  • 9 x Ironguts (600)
  • 3 x Leadbelchers (140)
  • 3 x Leadbelchers (140)
  • 1 x Gorgers (60) - metal
  • 2 x Mournfang Pack (160) - pistol, horn
  • 2 x Mournfang Pack (160) - pistol horn
  • 3 x Maneaters (220) - pistols/shurikens, finecast

Total: 3280

So as you see, plenty of options there. The Bruiser Standard Bearer is a compendium unit, but as the army only requires the Destruction allegiance, there is no harm in including him at all. Plus he looks cool.

Initially I will ask for £500 posted, but am willing to negotiate and listen to sensible offers. I do need a reasonably quick sale on this, so it will end up on eBay after a couple of weeks.

I hope to be able to share photos of the stuff that is already rebased (proper GW bases btw, spent a fortune on these alone haha!) soon and then the rest when complete.

Thanks for looking,
Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived