How will you sleeve?

Attackmack

26 minutes ago, Sim said:

Matte sleeves seem to slide less. I am storing mine in the dragon shield boxes, they perfectly fit a warbands unique cards and a set of the core cards (the skeletons is a squeeze the first time).

Thanks. I've ordered a dragon shield box. Sounds perfect. I'll look into matte sleeves next time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've decided (after I bought 500 premium sleeves) that I will need opaque sleeves due to the issues on the corners and backs of some of the cards of the expansions.

I was wondering, those that use opaque sleeves do you use different colours for the different decks? I mean objective and ploys basically.

Thanks.

I have a good bunch of Dragon Shields matte black that ive been very happy with but the complementing matte whites I bought for the objective cards are very different. They feel sticky and while easy enough to shuffle very difficult to just slide a card or two off a stack...Not at all as the blacks.

Bought a pack of orange ultra pro eclipse matte the other day and oh my, these sleeves feel so good! At least equal with the dragon shield black mattes! They are a little bit smaller though so im now gonna have to buy eclipse black mattes as well :D 

1 hour ago, Mr. White said:

I'm interested in only clear sleeves and DragonShield sounds the way to go.

What size sleeves doe this game use?

I would highly recommend non-clear sleeves because of printing differences. Cuts and colours are reported to not be the same across sets. It uses the standard card size sleeves however, the cards are the same size as:
- Standard (Poker) cards
- Magic the Gathering cards
- Pokemon cards
- Conquest LCG cards

Typically the Eurpean and US card sizes I would say. The Japanese cardgames often have smaller cards, so make sure you don't get sleeves for those sizes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 8:52 AM, Killax said:

I would highly recommend non-clear sleeves because of printing differences. Cuts and colours are reported to not be the same across sets. It uses the standard card size sleeves however, the cards are the same size as:
- Standard (Poker) cards
- Magic the Gathering cards
- Pokemon cards
- Conquest LCG cards

Typically the Eurpean and US card sizes I would say. The Japanese cardgames often have smaller cards, so make sure you don't get sleeves for those sizes.

I plan on buying some sleeves today. Anyone have the card count of the base set on hand? I don't have any expansions, but want to be sure I can sleeve all the base cards.

Yeah I personally prefer using non-clear sleeves on anything but the fighter cards. For logical reasons but also because miscuts, even the slightest can form an issue or the previous colour print differences. Something I have too because my Core sets just have some cards who are coloured ever so slightly different. 

I think there are so many great sleeve options available and have been available for years. Wether or not one prefers to use the Games Workshop sleeves, FFG sleeves, Ultra pro, Dragonshield or other brands doing so just ensures your not hindered by any possible minor card issue. In addition they keep your cards around longer and due to boxing many of the Core cards are also ever so slightly more damaged as those found in the expansion.

The reason for these minor scuffs/damages is also logical. The expansion boxes have a molded plastic that keeps the decks in place. In the Core Set these decks are not kept in place and share the same space as the spues. Plastic beats cardboard anytime so the damage is logical. 

I bought the GW sleeves but found they were a teeny bit smaller than I’d want. And also in hindsight I prefer the idea of having the entire game card stock all in the same sleeves so I can mix up my decks easily, without having to take cards out of one warband-specific sleeve and put it into another etc.

So picked up a few boxes of the 100 black matte Dragonshield for the power cards, and a box of 100 red ones for objectives.

They don’t have quite the same lovely soft feel that the GW ones have but I’m still very happy with them so far.

But I’m still using the clear sleeves that came with the official sets for the character cards...

Right now everything is in matte Dragonshield sleeves.
Like Rintrah56 I want to be able to pull cards in and out of decks without having to change specific sleeves.
But I really want to use the GW warband sleeves. I need to figure out how I can have more static decks. Whether that means buying multiple copies of cards or printing my own...

Archived