WiP full kitbash SCE barbcast

heywoah_twitch

grindo.png.5fe0e933782894e7bd090e2f76984737.png

It's time to grind!

Oh, wait let me back up. I'm currently basing my first AoS army (beastclaw in my other thread), and came across some headless stormcast on the cheap. What dynamic poses and great looking armor and details! The masks, while cool, rob them of some character though (I know that's the point, as a visual metaphor for losing their humanity during reforgings) and that's a fine choice, but My Dudes will be different. Gigantic, manly barbarians that worship Old Sigmar, the god of war, the uniter of tribes, the emperor who crushed nagash under the weight of his hammer.

In short, they worship this guy:

60a2490bee3282c2bb0eb7d7a19b78db.jpg.6c12494e43290de1a7706933cccefe29.jpg

What they lack in religious etiquette they make up for in enthusiasm, and Current Sigmar, in his wisdom (and patience), reforges these mighty and misguided warriors anyway. So who's heads look sweet enough for barbarian lords sce? Fyreslayers! Huge beards, huge muscles, and huge mohawks - these stormcast feature me trying a bunch of conversions for the first time. So, back to the grind - I snuck my plastic army men into work and put them to the band saw and the bench grinder! Cutting a liberator prime and aspiring chaos champion in half, and grinding down collar, neck, and chest areas of 22 stormcast to make more room for the beards. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Current progress:

prots.png.c5383989e17ab3f56cd3037d64737a37.png

10 Paladin Protectors, particularly happy with the protector-prime.

leads.png.cb29f54072dc17e0a4dd7a3362422f66.png

The three currently handless heroes, from left to right: Lord Celestant, Lord Castellant, Knight-Heraldor. The celestant will have a retributor hammer casually laying over his shoulder like a woodsman's axe. I'm thinking of keeping the castellant bald I think it's a good look for him. The knight is an upper-half aspiring chaos champion with impaling spear and lower-half liberator prime with a ton of carving, greenstuff inside his body, and a belt from someone else. Yes, the toot horn will be held over his head like the mighty spear xD 

Up next: assemble the 10 liberators and get some stones for bcr bases and snow!

1 hour ago, heywoah_twitch said:

grindo.png.5fe0e933782894e7bd090e2f76984737.png

It's time to grind!

Oh, wait let me back up. I'm currently basing my first AoS army (beastclaw in my other thread), and came across some headless stormcast on the cheap. What dynamic poses and great looking armor and details! The masks, while cool, rob them of some character though (I know that's the point, as a visual metaphor for losing their humanity during reforgings) and that's a fine choice, but My Dudes will be different. Gigantic, manly barbarians that worship Old Sigmar, the god of war, the uniter of tribes, the emperor who crushed nagash under the weight of his hammer.

In short, they worship this guy:

60a2490bee3282c2bb0eb7d7a19b78db.jpg.6c12494e43290de1a7706933cccefe29.jpg

What they lack in religious etiquette they make up for in enthusiasm, and Current Sigmar, in his wisdom (and patience), reforges these mighty and misguided warriors anyway. So who's heads look sweet enough for barbarian lords sce? Fyreslayers! Huge beards, huge muscles, and huge mohawks - these stormcast feature me trying a bunch of conversions for the first time. So, back to the grind - I snuck my plastic army men into work and put them to the band saw and the bench grinder! Cutting a liberator prime and aspiring chaos champion in half, and grinding down collar, neck, and chest areas of 22 stormcast to make more room for the beards. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Current progress:

prots.png.c5383989e17ab3f56cd3037d64737a37.png

10 Paladin Protectors, particularly happy with the protector-prime.

leads.png.cb29f54072dc17e0a4dd7a3362422f66.png

The three currently handless heroes, from left to right: Lord Celestant, Lord Castellant, Knight-Heraldor. The celestant will have a retributor hammer casually laying over his shoulder like a woodsman's axe. I'm thinking of keeping the castellant bald I think it's a good look for him. The knight is an upper-half aspiring chaos champion with impaling spear and lower-half liberator prime with a ton of carving, greenstuff inside his body, and a belt from someone else. Yes, the toot horn will be held over his head like the mighty spear xD 

Up next: assemble the 10 liberators and get some stones for bcr bases and snow!

They’re awesome! What a great idea. 

Cant wait to see the finished product :x

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Update!

20171104_010859.jpg.8d7ac3993dec00cd033a70413aa0cd62.jpg

Dootcast Eternal knight-heraldor assembled, proudly holding his mighty horn aloft. 

20171107_040001.png.4fa6dc1497dee269f9e0fce6e2616f7f.png

Also the first two reforged empire greatsworders reporting in! 

Such cool conversions, the heads of the greatswords work surprisingly well

edit: just to clarify, i was expecting the heads to look to small. 

• 4 weeks later...

WiP update on fulminators!

ikod.png.f7f4f0a6e7ca8754de8a2ebc79505806.png

Drakodiak guard! They'll have shields and shoulder pads later, but I'm painting them separately.

drako.png.e1eb481aa4f3821d4057324c113d29b5.png

They have their little backpacks and lib shields on the backs of the bears. Do you guys think there's enough gw on these to play in an event? Or should I add more bits and stuff 

• 3 weeks later...

These guys look awesome! If I had one piece of constructive criticism it'd be that the ones without the mohawks feel like a really original 'look', as opposed to "ooh, fyreslayer heads on Stormcast!" The mohawks are just a bit too iconic IMO.

• 1 year later...

Archived