Blood and glory.

Malakree

So I went to sign up for the shadespire event at blood and glory then impulse bought myself a ticket for the AoS tourney aswell.

Now I'm sat here realizing I have quite a bit to paint in not a lot of time especially given some key bits are still missing. 

This is the list I'm currently looking at taking.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bestial Charisma 
- Artefact: Daubing of Mork 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Units
60 x Gitmob Grots (270)
- Bows & Slashas 
- Allies

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 350 / 400

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated though I do need to add some notes.

My total models painted right now are

1 megaboss, 1 weirdnob, 1 warchanter, 3 goregruntas, 5 brutes (with two chopas) 10 ardboyz (with 10 more being painted atm) and 10 grots.

My total collection including painted and not yet assembled is.

1 megaboss

2 start collecting ironjawz

3 weirdnob warbands

1 gitmob shaman

60 gitmob grots.

You will no doubt notice that I don't actually have a death cabbage yet and can't afford one, as such my list can't include a mawkrusha.

I realize that I'm a little constrained but any thoughts or help on the potential list would be much appreciated. I'm thinking bestiality charisma on the megaboss would let me get multiple inspiring presences down but I'm not sure if ironclad isn't mandatory with only 7 wounds despite his daubing.

Nothing wrong with the list except your really giving yourself a lot to do in a couple of weeks (circa 90 models) 

So Based on the fact you need to paint some stuff, plus you will not have a Mawkrusha I’d maybe suggest having a look at this list this below picture

ive often ran double footboss in a similar fashion and it’s excellent except sometimes (sylvaneth) you find your missing punch so having more rend -2 is important for those tough nuts to crack, therefore your brutal boss has meatrippa to advance and buff/fight with brutes while the kunnin Boss gets Boss skewer. I’ve put ironclad but tbh you could pic any of that, brutish cunning or bestial charisma. 

Formation for extra artifact (and less models to paint ?)  kept the Ardboyz in a big horde as that looks like a way you wanted to play but paint time permitting if it’s a too much to do 20 Ardboyz whack in 10 more brutes and second Weirdnob maybe 

81CEC264-18C3-4770-B152-149B7BBBF806.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

:o

What can I say my megaboss loves his goregruntas ?

@Sangfroid sadly I don't have the second megaboss ? and yeah I'm only just coming to terms with just how much I've left myself to do.

Mostly I'm looking for opinions on list variations that might work because I don't wana waste a bunch of time painting stuff I then don't need haha

I'd probably just run the extra weirdnob instead of the megaboss. I'm thinking of loading up on wizards to abuse my 30 ardboyz and give target saturation. It's why I went for all 6 hero slots, plus points to models it's less painful.

12 hours ago, Skeekrit said:

Do you have anything available to substitute for the Grots. Painting 50 of them could be soul destroying especially if you're not used to painting that many models quickly. Any more destruction in your collection either painted or not?

I guess I could drop the grots and see about finding another weirdnob warbands, that leaves me doing 15 brutes though which I'll spend way more time painting.

Could also go for something like this instead with the msu brutefist.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Brute Fist (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

I kinda wana grab the 6th char though since I think the gitmob shaman would give me a really solid spell casting base.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Units
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Bows & Slashas 
- Allies

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 180 / 400

Maybe this instead? 5 less brutes I keep the shaman and can use the 10 grots I already have so only need 10 more.

Advantage with the second list is if I get time I can drop the Ironfist to take the 5 extra brutes. Gives a little painting redundancy. 

10 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

Love the first list, though having played the brutefist it does seem expensive for only 3 units, however the mortal wounds will be really handy try it and if it feels a waste maybe swap in an Ironfist? 

OK so right now the models which aren't in question are 

A weirdnob shaman 

A warchanter 

3 goregruntas 

5 brutes

20 ardboyz (though 5 are almost done and 5 are partly done).

I'll work on those then panic on how to complete the list later. 

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1630 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Current definate list. Gives me 370 points to play with, kinda wish I had 6 extra goregruntas but sadly those are the ones that take me the longest of all.

• 2 weeks later...

So as the date draws nearer and mad painting is underway I find myself panicking and tinkering with the list constantly. I know I'm crazy it's just one of my ticks. As a result I've come up with this, problem is if I'm going to do it I need to order the models now to have a hope in he'll of them being done. There is also the no Warchanter issue...

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner 
- Allies
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- Allies
Wardokk (100)
- Allies
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 380 / 400

That's any 5 of the 6 spells I have avaliable every turn. Not sure if it's to radical though for my first tournament, should I just stick with 2 warchanters and run with what I have already. I'm also really tempted to try and sneak a great waaagh! Banner in whatever.

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner 
- Allies
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Bows & Slashas 
- Allies

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 320 / 400

@Malakree I think I prefer the 2nd list? The 1st is very magic-heavy... thought about sticking a balewind in there if you're dipping into that realm?

This is the list I'm looking at for B&G at the moment, it's a bit thin on the ground and vulnerable to bad match-ups...

Troggoth Hag (360) 

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460) 

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120) 

30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)

10 x Orruk Brutes (360) 

3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140) 

Balewind Vortex (100) 

It's all or nothing really, should be fun though! Had a few practices games, which were interesting...

Archived