Khorne Army Plog - Defcon Sweden Update w pics!

Lysandestolpe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

I dont think 3 priests is too many, especially with the reroll buff.

However if you are prepared to drop one then perhaps an Aspiring Deathbringer General could make a good addition? 

Yeah i was toying with him before i added the stoker. Have you used him and his command ability? If so, how does he work on the table?

He usually just tucks in behind a big blob of mortal infantry (usually blood warriors) and gives them an extra attack buff (all units within 6" get +1 attack so he can buff multiple units at once if they are in range).

The question is whether that will be more useful across the course of a game then another priest. 

55 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Yeah i was toying with him before i added the stoker. Have you used him and his command ability? If so, how does he work on the table?

12 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

He usually just tucks in behind a big blob of mortal infantry (usually blood warriors) and gives them an extra attack buff (all units within 6" get +1 attack so he can buff multiple units at once if they are in range).

The question is whether that will be more useful across the course of a game then another priest. 

I have used him like this and he does what he does well.  I like using him in a Khorne allegiance list as he is a cheap secondary command ability that can be activated with 1 Blood Tithe point. 

Looks like a great 1500 point list to me. Powerful Slaughterpriests and good units. You could consider switching the Bloodstoker for another type of General but frankly I think you'll do fine as is by large because of the 3 Slaughterpriests. In this case I would however change the Artefacts around and likely make a Slaughterpriest the General.
- Bloodsecrator with The Brazen Rune seems like a better choice to me. In my experience it gives you much more relevant protection.
- Slaughterpriest with Talisman of Burning Blood allows you to increase movement in a good area, very helpful for 'non-stoked' units like the Blood Warriors or Bloodreavers.
In the end your losing out on a functional Command Trait but that shouldn't really matter too much.

Agree with @Killax, I've found Brazen Rune to be more useful than Bloodforged armour on the whole for the Bloodsecrator, though it will depend upon what you're facing - something with lots of shooting the armour may be better but somebody with magic, the rune.

I'd be tempted to look at switching in a melee hero of some kind (we've got loads at 80 points) but would likely play a few games with the list first so see what you feel you can afford to take out.  I've never really had much success with the Blood Stoker so generally don't run one (plus I'm not a fan of the model).

@Agent of Chaos @TheWilddog @Killax @RuneBrush 

Thanks guys! All really good points here. I've never liked to run a stoker either, except for making the whipsound Chandler makes from friends when applying his ability. Perhaps I should go back to trying the ADB . 

Yeah, I've had a lot of games where BSc is being shot out early game, which sucks. But then again, half of those games was from magic... 

it's for tournament, and a friendly one at so, so I'm not too worries about the list being maximized. I'd rather have a list that ha potential as I rarely play khorne over Ironjawz. 

I can only echo the sounds of Bloodsecrators dying (eventually) to Arcane Bolts. Which is why I think the Brazen Rune will help you out more. In addition there are two functionalities to it aswell, when needed it's a Dispell Scroll, this will come in handy the moment the Bloodsecrator needs to move and Loathsome Sorcery is "offline". The Slaughterpriest usually meddle in aswell but guaranteed Unbinding remains good.

Overall an Aspiring Deathbringer General with Violent Urgency also adds wished for "movement improvement". Picking him would hardly hurt the list. It's more of a risk/reward question. The Aspiring Deathbringer will reward a risky move, the Bloodstoker guarantees the charge pretty much but with less attacks etc. 

@Killax

true that! I dont know what you mean by using it to move the secrator. Loathsome sorcery? Is that a spell that prevents a unit on the board from moving? 

I'm sure I'm missing something haha. 

Yeah, you're right. I also like some risk and the tourney is not all too competitive. I should try the ADB then. :) 

3 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

That's why, at the start of the turn, you use Blood tithe to move him in the Command Phase, then open the portal again.

FMB

Wouldn't want to waste all those Blood Tithe points on him for just that. Would however use it for Bloodletters or Blood Warriors in this case. Even the Bloodreavers if there are enough left of them. BT points, especially at 1.5K really need to be used well, obtaining 3 at this level usually means your also quite in the middle of the game :) 

39 minutes ago, Killax said:

Wouldn't want to waste all those Blood Tithe points on him for just that.

Not a waste when it means your Khornebomb of choice is still covered by the Bubble of Awesome ;) 

Oh, what's that?  You made sure your "I have to kill it to win the game" unit is juuuuuust outside the BoA?  Well, lemme just use these bloodtithe points over here.  

Add maniacal laughter to taste ;)

On the note of the Bloodsecrator, Iam giving alot of thought to running a pair of them.  It allows them to take it in turns moving up the table and also provides insurance should one be killed. 

But then again only one can get the buffs of gore pilgrims so not sure how much of a help it would be in this list... 

On 10/14/2017 at 9:41 AM, Uveron said:

On the note of the Bloodsecrator, Iam giving alot of thought to running a pair of them.  It allows them to take it in turns moving up the table and also provides insurance should one be killed. 

But then again only one can get the buffs of gore pilgrims so not sure how much of a help it would be in this list... 

Sure, but if playing gore pilgrims, which is essential in the list, the range is increased to 36" radius. It covers basically the entire field. 

On anoter note, i tried the list against a mix khorne list. Haha. KHORNE ALWAYS WIN. 

anyways, i took some serious beating from skarbrand after intook him down to 2 wounds, i should statistically had smashed his face in withe by 30 blood letters with attack buffs. But rolled like ****** and he had two wounds left and got doubble turn. 

It ended wih a lose, but i for sure appreciated my block of 40 reavers kicking butt all game due to BS and ABD attack buffs. They also got close to a mystical terrain and rolled 2+ all day every day, so reroll to wound was quite essential. 

Anyways, thanks for your tips. Im gonna take some better photos of my khorne here soon and post them. Just need to find the right backdrop for them. 

3 hours ago, Roark said:

I really really like this list, but I would consider dumping the unit of 5 Blood Warriors and getting a Bloodmaster or Skullmaster just for the Crimson Crown. And giving 1 Priest Killing Frenzy for the Letterbomb.

That would be really cool but also exceed the 5 Leader limit.
Assuming this list is played with the idea that per 300 points you can play 1 Leader ;) 

Oh, of course. And 3 behemoths/war machines rather than 4 etc. I hope the Warscroll Builder website gets finetuned soon. Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount can't currently select Crimson Crown but can select a bunch of Tzeentch Daemonic gifts...

Yeah, I'd love that, but I actually have to rethink this idea.

here are actual restrictions:

"(1-4 Heroes, 2+ Battleline, 0-2 Artillery, 0-2 Behemoths, 300 poäng allies)"

This does give me an excuse to drop the ADB and five BW to take two Khorgoraths instead. I just got three in the mail and they are just baller. And that dmg 2 -1 rend on 5 attacks...for 80 points... will definitely bring some kick on the flanks. I'd probably run them as two separate units too, as I'd still have only 4 drops.

Bloodstoker (general)

x3 Priests

10 Bloodwarriors

40 Bloodreavers

30 Bloodletters

2 Khorgoraths

Archived