Braggoths beast hammer (you damn right you read this right :p)

Bethorina

Hi all that right I want to make this formation for something fast and hard hitting and most of all fun I have enjoyed playing my gutbusters and have my list sorted for them (bat raps to come up soon) but now I want something new and this looks fun fast and furious :P unsure on the last battle line so picked a stonehorn beast rider unit but tempted to try the thundertusk aswell de how it plays :) let me. Know what you think any comments and ideas are always welcome other option was take an icebrow hunter and some frost sabres :) over the stonehorn riders spose this way I can benefit for the use of being able to use both artifacts due to the battalion 

Allegiance: Destruction
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
Stonehorn Beastriders (360)
Braggoth's Beast Hammer (260)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

you can still go Beastclaw raiders allegience because the formation effectively gives thengore gruntas the correct allegience so I think this will probably do you better than plain Destruction. 

Will be a fun list to play, I’d probably go for a thundertusk to be honest as this gives you a nasty ranged threat ?

Yup, one battleline short.

While Gore gruntas that are part of battalion don't break the Beastclaw Alliance they are still not a Beastclaw Battelline. Cut one pack of mourfangs into 2x2 unit and you are good to go.

If you really must - tried this formation post GH2017 and it was... painful. Ended up without two big beasts, in the second turn to a pack of Skeletons. In a second game to the Skins Swarm. There is a raw power behind this formation but it's soo hard to deliver.

I have tried Braggoth few times, nice formation with nice models. And if you take Beastclaw allegiance you are fine with the battleline as well. 

I would take Thundertusk though; I didn't have it and good ranged threat was really missing. 

Also I like the idea of adding additional 4 mournfangs instead of beastriders: 2 to battalion and 2 for battleline. 

The stonehorn beastriders or if I go for the thundertusk beastriders are Battleline with beastclaw alligence just for reference :P  even if I cut the mournfang to 2 units of 2 I can not get a 2nd thundertusk or stonehorn as they are 360pts for the battling variant and 380 for huskard and 460 for frostlord

7 minutes ago, Kessler said:

I have tried Braggoth few times, nice formation with nice models. And if you take Beastclaw allegiance you are fine with the battleline as well. 

I would take Thundertusk though; I didn't have it and good ranged threat was really missing. 

Also I like the idea of adding additional 4 mournfangs instead of beastriders: 2 to battalion and 2 for battleline. 

I have thought about the mournfang over a beastrider unit so might that at some point and I think I will go with the thundertusk as you said for range however tempted to send the stonehorn riders using ravager to cause a panic to my opponent turn one as it is a 2 drop army :) I feel the asking twice in a turn makes the mournfang super good especially with +1 to hit because if you go second turn one and you put this off and best case scenario charge turn one and you win priority for them 2 your getting a triple turn faith extra combat phase for the units which could be very strong 

I ran beast hammer pre and post GHB 2017 and it does seem harder to play as beastclaw these days 

my list was:

BCR alligance

Frostlord Stonehorn, Everwinters master, Pelt of Chanrgar

Hunter, Elixir of Frostwyrm

Butcher with cauldron

3x2 mournfang

2x3 Goregruntas

2 sabertusks

4 sabertusks

Beast hammer 

Skal

worked ok but want to try a few more things to see if beastclaw are dead (competitvley) for the time being

Min Beasthammer + Skal x 2 Hunters is one of the options I'm building towards at the moment too! Considering allying in 400 pts of Gutbusters in the form of;

40 grots, butcher and a gorger,
9 bulls and a butcher,
or something taking bits from all three ideas!

1 minute ago, Paul G said:

Min Beasthammer + Skal x 2 Hunters is one of the options I'm building towards at the moment too! Considering allying in 400 pts of Gutbusters in the form of;

40 grots, butcher and a gorger,
9 bulls and a butcher,
or something taking bits from all three ideas!

I have considered that I may need some cheap 20 units so may try the option once the beast hammer is built :)

19 hours ago, Nico said:

From memory that's the whole Battalion  with the two Stonehorns, could maybe cut down on Mournfang to take a Tusk.

I think you need one more Battleline unit.

what?  the batallion is one frostlord on stonrhorn 2 mornfang units and 2 gore gruntas..  mornfang and beastriders are all battle line for bcr so he has 3 right?

1 hour ago, Bethorina said:

Don't worry it has be clarified :P also a she is in order not he :P@Naflem

I have it on good authority that gamesworkshop isn't for girls and that the only girls you find on the interiors are "GIRL"s guy in real life.

?

In another thought one thing you could do is pack out the rest of your points with a skal, if you take one of the icebrow hunters as your general you can use the frost sabres as battleline. This gives you 2 battalions, a tough cavalry force which deploys on the board and a solid ambush force to deal with exposed ranged units. Plus both the icebrows and the frost sabres are really cheap which considering the beasthammer is 1300ish points at its smallest is brutal.

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar 
Icebrow Hunter (140)
- General
- Trait: Everwinter's Master 
- Artefact: The Bleeding Skull of Dragaar 
Icebrow Hunter (140)
- Artefact: Elixir of Frostwyrm 
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
Skal (110)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000

The other way you could go is to take a thundertusk and a group of icefall yhetees, that leaves you 100 points float though which is a pain to get rid of.

Frostlord on Thundertusk (460)
- General
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
3 x Icefall Yhetees (120)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1900 / 2000

I do think you want at least 1 extra hero choice, just to make use of the second Artefact. It's a crying shame you fall just short of a huskard+behemoth ?

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

I have it on good authority that gamesworkshop isn't for girls and that the only girls you find on the interiors are "GIRL"s guy in real life.

?

In another thought one thing you could do is pack out the rest of your points with a skal, if you take one of the icebrow hunters as your general you can use the frost sabres as battleline. This gives you 2 battalions, a tough cavalry force which deploys on the board and a solid ambush force to deal with exposed ranged units. Plus both the icebrows and the frost sabres are really cheap which considering the beasthammer is 1300ish points at its smallest is brutal.

Icebrow Hunter (140)
- General
- Trait: Everwinter's Master 
- Artefact: The Bleeding Skull of Dragaar 
Icebrow Hunter (140)
- Artefact: Elixir of Frostwyrm 
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
Skal (110)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000

The other way you could go is to take a thundertusk and a group of icefall yhetees, that leaves you 100 points float though which is a pain to get rid of.

Frostlord on Thundertusk (460)
- General
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
3 x Icefall Yhetees (120)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1900 / 2000

I do think you want at least 1 extra hero choice, just to make use of the second Artefact. It's a crying shame you fall just short of a huskard+behemoth ?

Problem is I don't think the mournfang are as good in smaller units :3 cause that double atk isn't as brutal otherwise :3 I think I'm just gonna get enough for all lists and try and send what fits my playstyle and gonna be honest the artifacts are poo :P@Malakitheand @Malakreeand I am a girl you butt :P

7 minutes ago, Bethorina said:

I am a girl you butt :P

Aren't we all, are the we all ?

On topic, there really isn't a clean way to get that third battleline unit. Either your list, with theach second beastie, a random 2 man mornfang pack frees up more points allowing you to go ham on the beasthammer, with two blocks of 4 mournfang and a frost sabre unit you then get to pick between another 2 Mournfang, for a unit of 6!!, or 3 extra goregruntas and 20 points to triumph.

The variation on that is to take an icebrow hunters as your general instead of the random 2 Mournfang unit, sadly that costs you the command ability of your Frostlord. 

I suspect your list is the most solid but for pure beast hammer lulz I'd be going 

- General
- Trait: Massive Bulk 
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Try and grab one of the triumphs to buff your explosion turn to truly go nuts.

5 hours ago, Malakree said:

Aren't we all, are the we all ?

On topic, there really isn't a clean way to get that third battleline unit. Either your list, with theach second beastie, a random 2 man mornfang pack frees up more points allowing you to go ham on the beasthammer, with two blocks of 4 mournfang and a frost sabre unit you then get to pick between another 2 Mournfang, for a unit of 6!!, or 3 extra goregruntas and 20 points to triumph.

The variation on that is to take an icebrow hunters as your general instead of the random 2 Mournfang unit, sadly that costs you the command ability of your Frostlord. 

I suspect your list is the most solid but for pure beast hammer lulz I'd be going 

- General
- Trait: Massive Bulk 
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Try and grab one of the triumphs to buff your explosion turn to truly go nuts.

Gonna be honest this above list looks quite solid itself to be fair lots of gore gruntas etc

4 hours ago, Bethorina said:

I see @NaflemI am going to be honest this had made me feel a little uncomfortable as I'm trans (I understand it is a giggle :p)  :3 @Malakreethanks for the list ideas 

Oh I am sorry it had that effect.  As it is the year 2017 the optimum time for an Austin Powers movie quote has probably passed in any case! ?

Butcher (140)
- Allies
Icebrow hunter (140)

4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
4 x Frost Sabres (80)