Let's chat: Garrek's Reavers

Killax

I feel like Garrek’s Reavers are really good at dying. Got to play another two games today as the Reavers vs Stormcast. Won one, lost one. In the game I won, all my modes died, but I managed to score Khorne Cares Not and Denial (baited the stormcasts away from my zone) in the last phase to clinch the victory. 

Its just a casual comment, but I’m almost thinking that, as the Reavers, you shouldn’t care so much about winning fights. You’re outmatched, at least against the stormcasts. Just remember, it’s all about glory, and even if your warband is strewn across the stones of Shadespire in a mangled heap, Khorne Cares Not from whence the blood flows, only that it does, without cease. 

• Like 3

Absolutely true @Elodin, I feel that playing Khorne in general should mean you have an all or nothing mindset and this also reflects really well on Bloodreavers. In particular though I do feel there are a few cards worth highlighting which to me have been a massive deal during the games Ive tested them with so far. Those cards are 'oddly enough' the defensive cards which mean that Bloodreavers in general arn't that easily killed. Using these cards while Stromcast slowly use their activations to set up (and charge less) mean you can play into this with particular defensive heavy hands.

To cover the cards I really like:
- Blood Rain, especially benificial against Severin and Oberyn, reducing their chances to hit is of the utmost importance.
- Final Blow, one of the few ways to cheat in a damage really matters to me, especially because it can reward ganging up on hard hitters early.
- Insensate, the best card in the Khorne deck really.
- Confusion, ideal to gang up on Stormcast for your next phase.
- Sidestep, in general one of the best Neutral cards as it sets up the "gang up".
- Boon of Khorne (almost Garrek exclusively) but it is a great way to keep Garrek around.
- Rebirth in Blood, a must inclusion the moment you are going to mix up cards :) 
- Shardfall key card for every Bloodreaver deck so far because it allows us to block paths to pretty much anything, while even for a phase this is where Movement 3 "suffers". 
- Ever-Advancing (Garrek exclusive) just ideal, because it allows for more board control and basically forces your opponent to Charge, this is again where Stormcast "suffer" in numbers.

One of the cards from the initial deck I like the least is Desecrate, the reason for this is not because Objective destruction isn't useful but it doesn't increase or offense or defence and there are simply said easier ways to block path's to Objectives. 

More in depth tactica later and for sure I'm looking forward to read into your guys' decks too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

If be interested to hear how people are getting success with Shardfall. I've never made it work in practice

Boardmanipulation matters the moment things get clogged up, by large because it helps the most there.

What is key is that you can turn "draws" into hits because your opponent cant be pushed.

Alternatively the 2-1 and 3 blocked board can have a 4 wide wall for a phase, with Shardfall you can use this to your advantage for Obective purposes or set ups for the next turn.

Lastly its very effective in blocking a flank so you can assist or prevent assistance.

The practice of this leads to more effect as it does on paper. In many cases I still see players making small mistakes in regards to LoS too, its in WU but requires "advanced" play to impact the game correctly.

A few remarks from me:

The Blood Rain card is indeed meant to be used defensively I think. The fluff text hints at it. I was confused by it first but then I read through it once more and that's the only explanation I can see that makes sense.

I managed to trick a SCE into charging Arnulf, using the "max damage 1" card to keep him alive and then charged that model with everything I had, killing it. Those assists are really good for Khorne.

I think it makes a huge difference if you have one or more of the following cards early:
- the one that allows you opponent's first attack to only do one damage
- the one that gives you a renown point if you charged with three or more of your guys in one round
- one "hold objective" card because you are likely to have one guy that cannot attack anyway, he might as well do something.

There are some great upgrades so it is rather important to get at least two renown in the first round so you can use them.

• Like 2

I removed all the hold objective cards once i started deckbuilding. In my opinion at least for Khorne they are not reliable enough and you are spending 5 card slots for them and most of the time you are only scoring 1 if any. 

About power cards. Obviously insensate is amazing, but it's not the only one. There is also the one that allows you to perform a free attack when a warrior dies, Also any card that gives you guaranteed damage (1 free damage from a warrior who dies allows for Saek to one shot an stormcast early for example), or that helps to guaranteed that damage by giving you extra attack dice. 

Certainly, a ton is great but going from the start the key indeed for me is to think about defences. Bloodreavers thake swingy risks, if opponents are forced to stall you get another shot in.

Indeed what is also fantastic is how our Upgrades allow for quick snowballs in the game. As a result I don't skip Hold 1 to 5 now, Objective play to me is an essential part of half the game, Im okay with it almost thaking up half my deck. :)

Also it is kinda rewarding to win a game with one model left, because you wound up having the missions of being in enemy territory with the last model and the one with 5 or more dead models.

I sneaked into enemy territory using my last action and won by those renown points.

...and actually my opponent would have won if he hadn't killed my other warrior because then I would not have gotten the other goal either.

It is really fun that there are those objectives allowing you to win despite being almost dead.

• Haha 1

I fiddled around with decks this weekend and really like the idea of a Power deck just stacked to buff Garrek/Saek and essentially "saving" them for Turn 3. If you can hurt down your opponents with Arnulf/Targor/Karsus on the first two turns, then end of T2/rest of T3 Garrek and Saek can basically solo the SCE warband once they're Inspired and have a few Power cards on them. Dunno how it'll work out against Orruks/Skellies though.

@Requizen sounds like a plan to me, I think it will work out allright. As long as we keep our distance with at least Garruk, Saek and Karsus I think in general you should be good. While Saek is our heavy hitter it's not uncommon for me to send him in anyway with the first wave. By large because if he succeeds it's a lot of damage done and the last piece of hurt can come from all kinds of other cards and indeed Arnulf or Targor. 

Here's my review on Garrek's Bloodreaver's cardpool so far. Obviously more will be added later.

Objective
Corward! (2.5/5) versus Stormcast too situational but there are windows for it. Still doesn't feel like too much we can do or say about, it isn't too common to Move away either as Attacking and Moving later is often a fine choice too.
Blood for the Bloodgod (3/5) not bad, keep in mind though that one can only Charge if Moving and Attacking is legal at the end of it. Makes it harder to archieve.
A Worthy Skull (3/5) leader hunting is difficult, the Objective is okay but the single reward doesn't make it too amazing. It would have been much more interesting if it happend the moment you took out a leader instead of in the end phase.
Khorne Cares Not (3.5/5) good to have and sit on. This is the objective for us anyway and while it's a win-more it also means that overextending isn't severly punished.
Draw the Gaze of Khorne (3.5/5) killing two enemy fighters isn't easy but the reward is cool and direct.
There is only Slaughter (3.5/5) cool card to wait on, not too difficult to score in the later turns either.
Let the Blood Flow (4/5) not easy to score but certainly allows us to snowball when some Upgrades are around.
Khorne's Champion (4.5/5) should win you the game if it occurs, hard to archieve but certainly a guaranteed win with a ton of Glory. This is especially good for organized Matched play. 
Hold Objective 1 to 5 (3.5/5) I really like these cards in the first phase but as the game continues their worth becomes more shaky, nontheless for now I feel they are good inclusions in almost all cases. 
Denial (3/5) unfortunatly we can only score this in the third end phase. Doesn't make it bad or difficult but not good in the opening, mulligan, phase 1 or 2.
Supremacy (3.5/5) seems amazing for Deathrattle but still very good for us aswell. It can really push the win options for Garrek's Reavers if they are able to archieve thus phase 1 and it's certainly possible.
Conquest (3/5) like Denial we can only score this in the third end phase. Doesn't make it bad or difficult but not good in the opening, mulligan, phase 1 or 2.
Annihilation (3/5) while it's a ton of Glory I've usually found that killing all your opponents means you have won the game, while I've rated Khorne's Champion much higher I simply said feel that there is room in each deck for 1 of these cards and much less for 2, it's in both cases hard to archieve but one of those win-more's feels okay and good enough.

For 12 Objective cards I think this will usually mean that now my deck is:

Hold Objective 1
Hold Objective 2
Hold Objective 3
Hold Objective 4
Hold Objective 5
Blood for the Blood God
A Worthy Skull
Khorne Cares Not
There is only Slaughter
Let the Blood Flow
Khorne's Champion
Supremacy

What's essential for me as  Bloodreaver player here is to have good acces to easy Glory in the early turn. This actually works out better for me with Holding Objectives as going in for early kills, after all we need to use two Bloodreavers to kill, where holding an objective only thakes one. 

Ploy
Blood Offering (4.5/5) fixing our offensive issues is worth going to one damage for. Especially against Stormcast it doesn't matter if your on 2 Health or 1 Health.
Blood Rain (4.5/5) defensive cards are always fantastic. 
Boon of Khorne (3/5) not terrible but versus Stormcast only useful for Garrek, if he had any damage...
Desecrate (2.5/5) not offense or defence, I feel this card hurts us often more as it does for your opponent. As removing Objectives mean you also gain less advantage out of your superior Movement and numbers.
Insensate (5/5) basically renders any Charge or Attack Action moot for the next turn, amazing!
Khorne Calls (4/5) additional attack dice are always welcome.
Rebirth in Blood (3.5/5) fine in the third phase nothing too incredible but worthy of a slot for sure.
Skulls for the Skull Throne! (4/5) extra Ploy cards are always welcome and trying to kill your opponents is the plan of the game anyway.
Confusion (3/5) can make the difference for assist purposes or Objective holding.
Healing Potion (2.5/5) for Bloodreavers not that relevant, much better for Stormcast or Orruks.
Shardfall (4.5/5) when used well can turn the tide of combat it's one of the best ways to defend from Stormcast in particular because Movement 3 has issues with needing that 1 extra space.
Sidestep (5/5) offence and defence.
Sprint (4.5/5) great if you have the Hold Objective cards in your deck as it really allows the Bloodreavers to cross the board. Much less relevant for other Warbands but great for us in particular. 8 hexagons are a lot!

Upgrade
Berserk Charge (3/5) not bad but only works on the Charge and Saek.
Bloodslick (3.5/5) defence on Garrek actually matters.
Deadly Spin (2.5/5) it's nice to attack everybody but doing 1 damage is not sufficient most of the time.
Ever-Advancing (2/5) doesn't add offense or defence...
Frenzy (4.5/5) available for all thus a good target should be around.
Grisly Throphy (3/5) pays itself back eventually, this is decent but again I'd rather have offense or defence.
Terrifying Howl (3/5) it is an Action so not ideal but also a form of defence, which remains good.
Unstoppable Charge (3.5/5) adds offence where you need it and bypassing models like this is never bad. Can make the difference during the later stages of the game where charges are made, support is there and a Objective can be hold.
Whirlwind of Death (4/5) adding to offense is one of the two best things to do with Upgrades.
Wicked Blade (4/5) makes Arnulf a relevant fighter and this is what matters. 3 Attack dice are ace, 2 damage is solid for Bloodreavers, especially one that otherwise would be used as bait.
Disengage (2/5) pushing is good, dealing 1 damage isn't, especially not if you have to pay Glory for it.
Great Fortitude (4/5) makes Garrek, Saek and Karsus able to thake a hit and dish back the damage. Pretty much relevant for all decks currently.
Great Speed (2/5) for us Bloodreavers just not relevant. Where Sprint is great for us, I do think other decks might want this more (Stormcast in particular).
Great Strenght (5/5) more damage? Nobody says no to that!
Total Offence (3/5) not bad as it adds offence but there are quite a lot of good alternatives as it is quite situational in use.

So far the Power card deck seems pretty much pre-build in my eyes ;) . Love to read some more reviews of you guys aswell! Feel free to let me know if you guys agree or dissagree on card use. I've read some players liking to go more on the offense for Objectives but due to our speed Ive liked the Objective play quite a lot. It leads to great Upgrades which make all our fighters as relevant as Stormcast.

Cheers,

Edited by Killax

Looking forward to hear what decks you guys are working with. This is the deck Ive constructed right now for Garrek's Reavers:

23140233_1603189433121625_354261745_n.jp23192140_1603189556454946_1267500147_o.j

Quite aggressive but still keeping the defences and board control in there. I believe this is one of the better styles to play for Garrek's Reavers.
Some other thoughts:
- Still love Shardfall, for too many reasons.
- Went for Sidestep but not Confusion, in many cases I feel that having a model in another spot isn't terribly important if they are adjacent allready. Movement seems much more important if it is important.
- Sprint as a result was added for an easy lead into Holding an objective (any). Can also be amazing in the last phase because very few models can actually catch someone moving 10 hexes.
- Unstoppable charge is one I'm less certain of, though I like it in theory, again because it adds to functional movement options. 
- Love wicked blade, Arnulf is the guy most players leave alone because he's otherwise very irrelevant and this Upgrade makes him a true part of the boys, especially against Stormcast and Orks. 
- Terrifying Howl and Total Offence are another two cards I'm not too certain about but don't feel like there is that much better around right now.

The Objective plan is just very straight forward, easy points and a Khorne's Champion for those games. Perhaps it should be cut on the other side I do believe that for organized play in particular winning by a lot can be important enough to include these "owning the game" Objective cards.

Looking forward to seeing more decks!

• Like 1

Deck updated, score was terrible though 3 best of 3 games lost against Stormcast. Any who win consistently, feel free to share the golden tactics! :)

Issue: Missed charge attacks from Saek and Karsus lead to lost games. Perhaps Im playing Garrek too defensively. Then again I need him Inspired.

Update: Current build

Blood Offering
Khorne Calls
Insensate
Blood Rain
Final Blow
Healing Potion (review: not great for Bloodreavers, nothing is currently better around, Parry will likely replace this card. It does allow us to play more aggressively with Garrek which is why it still somewhat remains relevant. Issue is that you need to have it before Garrek dies offcourse)
Sprint (just great with the Objective set up)
Sidestep
Shardfall (man, I still love this card :P )
Confusion
Grisly Trophy (not a big fan, don't feel there is much better)
Bloodslick (also not a huge fan but hey it's okay)
Whirlwind of Death
Frenzy
Wicked Blade (honestly love this card but it's one of the few Upgrades I really dig)
Berserk Charge
Total Offence (what's your thoughts on this?)
Great Speed
Great Fortitude
Great Strength

Khorne Cares Not
Draw the Gaze of Khorne
A Worthy Skull
It Begins
Blood for the Blood God
Hold Objective 1-5 (just gets the most out of our Movement and I do not see another way yet)
Conquest (Movement gets us there or Sprint does or Great Speed does etc)
Supremacy (Movement gets us there)

Edited by Killax

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Deck updated, score was terrible though 3 best of 3 games lost against Stormcast. Any who win consistently, feel free to share the golden tactics! :)

Issue: Missed charge attacks from Saek and Karsus lead to lost games. Perhaps Im playing Garrek too defensively. Then again I need him Inspired.

I had my first game yesterday and really felt that pain.

I had dealt 2 damage to Brightshield, and decided to all in on a Karsus charge (Using the take 1 damage roll 2 extra dice). Karsus went in and completely whiffed against Brightshield on 5 dice, and then got smashed back in return. 

That basically swung the game and I couldn't get back in with only Saek and Garrek left (who were also somewhat deep).

Will be interesting to see how they go after a few more games and when I start messing around with the deck.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, someone2040 said:

I had my first game yesterday and really felt that pain.

I had dealt 2 damage to Brightshield, and decided to all in on a Karsus charge (Using the take 1 damage roll 2 extra dice). Karsus went in and completely whiffed against Brightshield on 5 dice, and then got smashed back in return. 

That basically swung the game and I couldn't get back in with only Saek and Garrek left (who were also somewhat deep).

Will be interesting to see how they go after a few more games and when I start messing around with the deck.

Yeah certainly tinker with the deck too, I feel it's a build in issue Bloodreavers work with.
Barring one game none of the losses where massive indifferences in Glory, usually my opponent came on top with 2-3 additional Glory over me, the issue though, you can easily force the Bloodreaver player to be proactive from start one. Responding to this can continue to put down the hurt.

As before, games that are turely difficult to win against Stormcast are those where the board is bogged down, Bloodreavers NEED the assistance in melee and if for whatever reason they cannot obtain it or still whiff then it's an extremely quick downhill path because there is no health to rely upon and defenses are a lot harder to 'assist/support' as offenses, our opponent don't have to sit still most of the time ;) 

What I will say though is that I'm very comfortable with the Neutral side of the Objective cards. Holding Objectives is no issue, scoring Supremacy early can indeed roll into a game where both Garrek and Saek hit incredibly hard due to either Great Strenght or Frenzy. The only thing that feels I'm always in the corner though is that a lot of Ploy's in the Bloodreaver deck just arn't great or good at all. My list cards I don't get:

- Rebirth in Blood vs Undaunted, how exactly is it "fair" that the last model in Stormcast gets an automatic full heal and the last model in Bloodreavers might come back?
- Fuelled by Slaughter vs the double guard designs, from a game design perspective being offensive gets "punished" more as rewarded (charges is no re-activation) it makes it so incredibly difficult to even get this card do anything when a free Attack action is given to a model that previously was adjecent to a friendly fighter and for whatever reason an opponent decided to not move away from that assisted set up.
- Skulls for the Skull Throne! Cool, funny, fluffy to some extend but you draw into 1 additional card, which makes it simply put not relevant in a game where you can refill your hand after 4 activations. So far I've not see this do anything as it assumes there is a blank space in your deck to begin with.
- Boon of Khorne vs Healing Potion, why is Boon of Khorne even a card?
- Desecreate, move to an Objective to remove it? What's the gain? Opponets not being able to claim it? Well... We've just wasted a good Move here.
- Ever-Advancing vs Heroic Stride, to me it feels the effects of these cards are flipped.
- Let the Blood Flow, three succesful attacks is nearly impossible to have, 

In any case it's well possible that I don't understand a thing about Garrek's Reavers designed purposes but there are so many cards with ifs and butts that even on a non-fighter card basis many of it can't really compete with simply adding Guard. What's interesting though is that none of the cards in Garrek's Reavers actually allow a model to charge twice or remove of charge token, which from a narrive standpoint strikes me as odd

Well another loss in multiplayer. Man multiplayer is a ton of fun but also magnifies my issues with the current state of the Warband in this newer metagame. Its still very likely I play this Warband way to defensively but even with the all out Objective deck I do not seem to get a grip on what needs to be done with this Warband against Stormcast. As before, going nuts, all in to the point of madness is the only tactic I havn't tried (felt the game was to 'deep' for that) but perhaps this is the way to go?

In any case, dropping the Hold Objectives does not feel like the easier route to go, because with them at least Targor has a job to do up until he's Inspired.
At the same time I continue to have some issues by several comparisons. In many cases the Stormcast defences just seem so well designed that without the preconstructed deck the difference in power becomes even more obvious. I guess my only new plan is to see how Ironskulls fair and I do believe they fair a whole lot better against Stormcast. 

Thoughts of the day:
- Blood Rain is actually much worse as Heroic Guard and that saddens me from a design perspective. Rain basically reduces your opponent to a regular 33% hit but only if he had Hammers, Guard on the other hand gives you 66% defence chance and sticks throughout a phase as long as you don't charge.
- Righteous Zeal is better as Khorne Calls or Blood Offering, sure hitting is nice but it doesn't contribute to any Glory if you do not thake out your opponent, where Righteous Zeal allows Stormcast to thake out any Bloodreaver in a single blow.
- Tireless Assault is much better as Insensate for the simple reason that Insensate cannot be played as a reactive card, as passing to your opponent is just too risky.
- Seize Ground feels very much at odds to There is only Slaughter, was There is only Slaughter mend to state no friendly fighter?

In any case, despite my fanboyism for Khorne, I can't seem to get Bloodreavers to work, more tips are very welcome!

I've picked up both the Orks and skellys today and they seem to offer a lot of cards that replace the dead cards in the bloodreaver's starter card options rather well. The deck is now very capable of cycling through the power cards fast to find essential cards and also offer a few other options to score a couple extra glory points which can be essential in a close game!

I think one of the best cards from the ploy section of the orruk cards for anyone to use(And big warbands love it) is Dual strike.

You count one model, as two for supporting. Which is huge for bloodbound and not getting hammer attacks.

Also for low, but reliable damage you can take Low blow - Equipment

You treat both hammers and swords as successes.

Shadeglass darts is another I like, 3 range, 3 dice (On swords) and 1 damage but +1 damage on a crit

Distraction is another, it's like sidestep but you target an enemy.

Daemonic weapon is great for one of your little peon troops as a surprise. (Equipment)

2 dice (Hammers) Damage 3, but when you attack with it, take a damage.

So you equip them with it, throw them in and not care if they die anyway

And last but not least, the ploy stay on your feet.

If you have a model die adjacent to another friendly model, you roll a dice and on shields or a crit they take no damage and live.

Edited by Black_Nexus

Grisly Trophy is great!

Garek just went ape. Opponent had to kill him for VP, after the 2nd end phase he'd given up trying. He got at least 75% of my 16 VP.

In another game I'd tabled Stormcasts only losing Arnulf. Was a very poor player however who had only played and defeated Greenskins twice. He tried to go offensive and I just sacrificed  Arnulf for to deal a wound while scoring objectives then I had VP for buffs and it was smooth from there.

What about Khorne champion to start charging the second round (first round is normally gathering objectives for glory) and leaving your strongest fighter on your side of the board?

I will try that after gathering some objectives to try and get as many as possible to die and see if I can score those sweet 6 glory points.

Will certainly give them another try, likely even this weekend at an actual Tournament. There I'll decide if the Warband is worth to continue with.

- To me the issue isn't so much the Warband but more the Warband exclusive cards you get with them. They are simply sait not that great by comparison. While we can fill that up with Neutral/Universal cards, which is great, they are there for every Warband and in order to be really only a bonus to is should make them a really specific design.. E.g. Daemonic Weapon is great for Targor or Arnulf but works well for the lower hitters in Orruks too. In fact they have more synergy there because this means the Orruks inspire...
- I think Shadeglass darts seems fun but also removes the inate Movement advantage we have over our opponents. What I mean by this is that the attack preformed means any opponent save for un-pushed Sepulchral Guard can charge you afterwards or could allready charge you. I don't value any attack that high who doesn't standard do 2 damage.
- I do think Stay on your Feet and Illusionary Warrior are excellent cards for us, not tailor made but do play into our general strategy typically.

A few games further and still no concrete win (won against a new Stormcast player, just barely because he ditched Objective cards which he shouldn't have ditched). But my concerns for this Warband are still there and from the basic Warband construction there are still some things I simply do not understand. With the Sepulchral Guard now being around and the Ironskull Boyz aswell I feel both those Warbands do the role of Bloodreavers better. 
1. Bloodreavers remain to have some form of Movement advantage but currently are the hardest to Inspire. 3 Kills are simply said very hard to guarantee versus Orruks and Stormcast. Yes you do count your own but if you lost Saek or Karsus and forbid it Garrek you pretty much automatically lose the game on the spot.
2. Having 4 Orruks with 4 Health means you can preform aggressive strategies much better. The downside to Bloodreavers to me still is that 4 out of 5 Warriors are in one-hit-kill range and it's very hard to prevent that. Only Insensate directly does it but also only if your opponent doesnt have a way to sweep multiple dudes at the same time (Steelheart or The Harvester) because only the first hit is "Insensated". We certainly do get the first charge in but against Orruks or Stormcast we cannot guarantee a one-hit-kill while they can over us.
3. Garrek simply can't compete with The Warden. Movement is essential and even if Garrek would allow for a 1 hex push on a friendly fighter Bloodreavers would have been all the much more difficult to deal with.

Now the likely key to succes still is as others have mentioned, go in when you think you can seal a deal and do not abort that plan. It's an all-in strategy that doesn't sit too well with me but if you do indeed manage to get multiple hits in you can press the advantage quickly. The issue remains though that this route is extremely dicey. Saek is good with his 3 damage but the fact that all the others do 2 (no Cleave, no multi-hit, like Champion or Harvester) and 1 is just sort of depressing for me. In addition we can only thinker with that output by either A. Dying or B. Play Upgrades and being unsuccesfully aggressives leads to not being able to play Upgrades.

So far I have had fantastic results out of the Hold Objectives 1-5 with Supremacy combintion with them but think I would even easier obtain that Glory with Sepulchral Guard. In addition I due to the double move I just feel like the Sepulchal Guard do what Bloodreavers can but have an additional Prince and Petitioner. Otherwise the Orruks preform aggressive strategies even better due to Kunning but Brutal and Brutal but Kunning being extremely good cards that Bloodreavers wish they had.

Edited by Killax

i will have to heavilly disagree on objective cards. Yes we need upgrades, so do everyone else, except upgrades on a stormcast or ironjaw provide a better return from the investment than for us due to the quality of their warriors. 

The bigges problem is that if we allow our opponent to gather objectives while we are doing the same we are gambling on them not having the right objectives. Moreover even if we find ourselves equals in glory, we are alreadt behind because they get more from their glory than us, and we "wasted" X number of activations to already be behind.

That's why i ditched them. Yes you can score them early but neither our warband, ploys or upgrades are fit to be played seeking a third turn dominance where we can score quickly enough to justify giving up room to breathe for our opponents if we aren't already ahead. We are a fast aggro deck, we just attempt to roll over the opponent, force them to stop from gathering points from objectives and using as many ploys as possible that can force opponents to charge at us (side step for example) ,to waste actions (landfall, insensate, blood rain) or anything that provide the means to have succesful attacks (sidestep, landfall and any card that gives us extra dice or free damage/extra attacks).

The three successful attacks in one turn is actually not hard to achieve if you set it up for it. If i get it first turn, plus the charging one and some play to guarantee attacks i am pretty much golden.

I think people in general are too conservative with Garrek's warband, and against the warband i have the most experience against (stormcasts) this is a exercise of futility.  

• Like 1

Likely true and new cards give another great boost to aggressive stratagies, much more as before.

Will post the updated deck later to give it another new try. As is though the Hold Objectives still work very well and I wouldnt say opponents get more out of their Upgrades. 

My biggest gripe with hold objective cards is that they require one full activation and doesn't synergize with our intended (as i had experienced, this is obviously just my opinion) role. The biggest limitation are the 12 activations, every single of them should have a purpose to fit overall. Funnily enough i had been using desecrate often to remove objectives from my opponent's board after charging to negate them the possibility of the 3 objective glory or an early point from one of this cards.

I don't know i still think there is a lot to experience and juggle around witht the warband instead of going for a more standard way of playing.