How can build my force from Warherds Bloodfeast Gorgers boxset?

PowerCreep

HI!

I am new to this wargaming thing and i looked at the new Warherds Bloodfeast Gorgers box set and thought- 'cool!'

They seem fun to play and paint but i am not sure how can i work off from the box set to a little army (I am looking for something from 500 points to 1000)

I don't want anything TOO competitve, and I would prefer if I kept the Breyherd theme (wont mind If there are some monsters, but something like chaos warrior would suck)

Also can you "try" to make it not crazy expansive?

Any painting tips would be welcome as well (currently i just have the standard starting painting box set and some space marines to practice on)

Thanks!

I think Warherd are best served as allies in fairness, Brayherd are the more sensible bulk of your force because of all the cool things they got in GHB2 and I guess you want them as the bulk of your army? If you want them to be the best part of your force. Grab a second one of those boxes (because they are an insane deal) and grab the Doombull to lead them. That would look epic! :D

4 minutes ago, Nubgan said:

I think Warherd are best served as allies in fairness, Brayherd are the more sensible bulk of your force because of all the cool things they got in GHB2 and I guess you want them as the bulk of your army? If you want them to be the best part of your force. Grab a second one of those boxes (because they are an insane deal) and grab the Doombull to lead them. That would look epic! :D

Thx !

If its not to much could you give me their points cost?

Doombull 120

3 Bullgors 180

3 Bullgors 180

Ghorgon 200

Cygor 200

880/1000

If you wanted 1000 exactly just add another Doombull. Haven't got the new book to be able to tell you the best things you should equip them with from the Chaos Allegiance. If you want to check points and stuff out go over to: 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

I personally foun double doombull being very effective as takes away a lot of attention from the general who is the one enableing all the shinanigans. I used Lord of War trait on general and Daemon Blade on second doombull to have some form of MW ( you pick between double axe and great weapon). As said already they are not veeeeeery competitive and in general are better as allies for your breyherd force; although sometimes is very funny seeing a stampede rampaging from side to side of the table threatening an opponent who does not know who to shoot first. Make sure also to read very well and remember the rules for banner and drummer for the bullgores, they are very useful to close the gap quickly.

I have used 

2 Doombulls

2 Ghorgons

2 x 3 bullgors 

At 1000pts they are are a really fun little force for friendly games. I used 2 Ghorgon/Doombull tag teams and used the Bullgors for holding objectives. I only own 1 doombull and Ghorgon though so I haven't played this more than a couple of times when I borrowed the models.

I don't know why they split these guys off from the brayherd. It would make brayherd allegiance more fun and a lot more competitive if you could choose freely without having to drop to GA Chaos

This is what I am taking to Blood and Glory in about 3 weeks

Doom bull GW

Doom bull Shield

Doom Bull 2 Weapons

Shaggoth

6 Bullgor GW

3 bullgor GW

3 bullgor GW

3 Dragon Ogors GW

Ghorgon

Ghorgon

Ghorgon

Pure Warherd won't ever be competative, but looks awesome on the field.  Would prob ally in brayherd to get bodies if I wanted to improve my chances.

I also got two boxes and build them with one Cygor and one Ghorgon. 2 Ghorgons might be more effective but having 2 different monsters looks much cooler.

Beside the Doombull I added 2 units of Ungors, so I can block the enemy with that beef shields ;) 

played 4 games so far with that list and it works quite well, all opponents were combat armies. They ran into the Ungors and the Bullgors could strike most times first into the enemy hart hitters. Afterwards they also die quickly, the big monsters are much more survivable. 

Great fun army, will make a family picture next week. I am just afraid that any shooting army will kill them before most of the cows will hit their lines 

Getting to 2k points, I would personally go this route. You need something to distract from your Bulls who you need in combat. Nothing better than a Jabber to do that. Great Bray, gives you a little magic and 120 reinforcement points for another Jabber too. 

59dceeb88e033_ScreenShot2017-10-10at16_57_47.png.8d766c9404d629754853ada46fea0d8f.png

So in answer to the question, I would build as a Ghorgon and Great Axes. 

On 10/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, HobbyHammer said:

Getting to 2k points, I would personally go this route. You need something to distract from your Bulls who you need in combat. Nothing better than a Jabber to do that. Great Bray, gives you a little magic and 120 reinforcement points for another Jabber too. 

59dceeb88e033_ScreenShot2017-10-10at16_57_47.png.8d766c9404d629754853ada46fea0d8f.png

So in answer to the question, I would build as a Ghorgon and Great Axes. 

Yeah, exactly. As good as it looks on the table having multiple monsters and a bit of magic threat to enemy mages, the Cygor does very little compared to the Ghorgon. Considering the Ghorgon HAS to get to combat, your opponens will have to focus it down while a Cygor, as it remains behind where it is more effective, is no big and immediate threat to him/her. Plus Cygor is very random, you have 50/50 chance to hit and while veeeeery effecrive wheh he hits, if he keeps missing all game it is just a waist of points.

So, that said, a Ghorgon adds one hell of a target your enemy will have to focus down, leaving other troops free to rampaging toward the enemy's line.

As per Jabber either that or a chimera (which I assume costs more than jabber, i don t remember) it is a very valid options for the same exact reason. Considering the fantastic models that are coming from Zealot i will defenetely update my warherd with some custom Jabber too just to look shiny (or bloody) in next year turnaments.

BTW @HobbyHammeras you have all those higher priority monster your opponent will have to focus why not load the general with hitty equip more than defensive equip?

Archived