Newb looking for guide to specific paint scheme

Melcar

Hellow fellow gamers...

I would very much like some help/ a guide or suggestions to how I would go about getting my skeletons to look like this.! I think they are very cool, and I like that they are not so generic in appearance.  So I ask, does anyone here have any suggestions to how and what colors (in what order)?

40f36d5cc39ed3a5105085666c5d1b83--warham

Thank you in advance

Beautiful models.  I sometimes miss how a big block looks ranked up.

The bone looks fairly standard, although well done.  Zandri Dust base, layer with Ushtabi Bone, shade Agrax, then highlight Ushtabi and Screaming Skeleton.  The eyes have a green glow.  Try shading Biel-Tan, adding a little around the eyes and then a dot of Gauss Blaster Green in the middle.

For the bronze, go for a base of Balthazar Gold, layer Sycorax Bronze, shade Agrax, highlight Sycorax and Stormhost Silver.  Add verdigris with Nihilakh Oxide.

For the silver, base with Leadbelcher, shade either Nuln Oil or Agrax based on preference.  Highlight with Stormhost silver.

I can't really tell if the cloth is red or brown.  Go with whatever your heart desires.

Good luck

Just found these on the original painter's blog: http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/it-came-from-forums-bigcannons-amazing.html (also on CMoN: http://www.coolminiornot.com/298883)

Done in 2012 so before the current Citadel paint range.  The bone colour is more of a beige than the GW bones (which have a touch of green & yellow in), I'd be tempted with something like Karak Stone, thin wash of Agrax, thin wash of Nuln and then layer up with Karak and then possible Pallid Wych Flesh or a pale grey?  Eyes simply look like a turquoise thinned with lahmia into a wash and then carefully applied and then the same with a white.

Archived