Let's Chat: Order Serpentis

AsraiR

1 hour ago, Alessio said:

Drakespawn knights are 140p and not 160. But from my experience they hit too weakly

Just a typo, fixed. I know they're more defensive than offensive. I was hoping the Anvilguard ability to boost their offense and also give them opportunities to get their charge buff more often. I'm not expecting them to roll over top tier armies, but I think it will at least put up a fight and challenge mid tier / casual forces.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Kaleun said:

Yes of course. You choose from the order artefacts, the order traits and the other stuff you get from your choice of a realm. Also possible in combination with the Anvilguard.

Actually that one is a piece of theory-hammering. I have the models and will take them for a "ride" in the near future. 

Magic would be great, expecially the Chronomatic cogs or the portals would help a lot. The Sorceress on foot however is super slow and will fall back compared to the other units. 

The Drakespawn Knights arent bad per se!! Actually they put out a lot of wounds!! They must attack however. But we are playing dark elves and no pesky bretonnians. Our Knights need the charge absolutly. Implacable March helps with that. 

Thanks for the answer,

A possibility for allies could be the doomfire warlocks they are wizards with a good movement (14")

13 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Just a typo, fixed. I know they're more defensive than offensive. I was hoping the Anvilguard ability to boost their offense and also give them opportunities to get their charge buff more often. I'm not expecting them to roll over top tier armies, but I think it will at least put up a fight and challenge mid tier / casual forces.

I'd just switch the knight incantor/ sorceress and the chariots for a units of doomfire warlocks, which is a high movement(14") wizards with some shoot and some rend( -1) in close combat and some endless spells. I would consider also the khinerai heartrenders teleporting them behind the enemy line( which is not bad for the anvilgard abilities)

15 hours ago, Alessio said:

I'd just switch the knight incantor/ sorceress and the chariots for a units of doomfire warlocks, which is a high movement(14") wizards with some shoot and some rend( -1) in close combat and some endless spells. I would consider also the khinerai heartrenders teleporting them behind the enemy line( which is not bad for the anvilgard abilities)

Unfortunately daughters of khaine allies will invalidate the Anvilguard allegiance. Our allies are limited to stormcast, darkling covens and scourge privateers if we want that ability.

6 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Unfortunately daughters of khaine allies will invalidate the Anvilguard allegiance. Our allies are limited to stormcast, darkling covens and scourge privateers if we want that ability.

Sorry then I thought it was possible

maxed Units of Corsairs with Handbows are btw. a very cheap anvil unit. They also can have the Anvilguard allegiance and can hold while Drakespawn wrap around enemy Units. If you create a sucessful pincer move with the Anvilguard your enemy will be shaking when you roll the 5+ on the Implacable march.

Impalcable march Triggers in 1 of 3 cases statistically.

We could have something like this on 1500 Points:

Black Ark Fleetmaster (40)
Dreadlord On Black Dragon (320)
- General
1 x Drakespawn Chariots (80)
5 x Drakespawn Knights (140)
10 x Drakespawn Knights (280)
40 x Black Ark Corsairs (260)
- Vicious Blade & Repeater Handbow
War Hydra (180)
Ebondrake Warhost (150)

Total: 1450 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 2

Also not yet playtested, but the 40 Corsairs are work in Progress.

Archived