merzbau

I'm working my way toward a Tzeentch army, and while I'm starting a Fatesworn Warband (it's hard to turn down Start Collecting savings), I want to fill out some of my slots with Kairic Acolytes and eventually have enough Acolytes and Tzaangor for a more Arcanite-Heavy force centered on the Cult of the Transient Form.

Yes, I know the Battalion is hot garbage in a competitive context; I just like the theme since it emphasizes my favorite aspect of Tzeentch, and I want to let that guide my army building and painting and maybe do some narrative play with it as well.

My question is this- looking at the MPPK Kairic Acolytes, they all seem like they have normal human feet, with none of the bird talons the Acolytes in Silver Tower had. Is that correct?

Second, has anyone tried swapping the Discs used by Tzaangor Shaman and Skyfires/Enlightened? And if so, are they a relatively close fit, or are we talking about nonsense like feet molded into the surface of the Disc or other details that would be difficult to work with? I want to run more than one, and if this is feasible (I'm not exactly handy with the knife or saw) it's the easiest way to add some variety.

7 hours ago, merzbau said:

My question is this- looking at the MPPK Kairic Acolytes, they all seem like they have normal human feet, with none of the bird talons the Acolytes in Silver Tower had. Is that correct?

I haven't run into anything other that bare human feet in the Kairic Acolytes box. 

Ah well.  I'll look at swapping out the Disc but that might be a more involved project for later. And I suppose I can always sprinkle the Silver Tower Acolytes wih birdlike feet through the unit to represent the ones starting to change into Tzaangor.

Archived