FEC 1k bravery focused list

Dracothjay

Hi guys. Trying to write a list where I do as much damage as possible before I charge into combat.  I have two versions of this list and would like to know if it could be competitive? I'm aiming for a bravery scream combo.

list 1:

infernal courtier: general - dark wizardry  or completely delusional)

varghulf courtier - grim garland (-2 bravery to enemy units within 6")

ghast courtier

3 flayers

3 flayers

30 ghouls

plan - to get up into my enemies face as quickly as possible, get the varghulf 6" away and then flayers and infernal courtier scream like hell then charge. Ghouls objective hold with the ghast courtier. If it gets rough for me, can always drop my varghulf back to ressurect ghouls with the ghast courtier.

list 2:

infernal courtier - general - dark wizardry or completely delusional

GKoTG - grin garland

3 flayers

3 flayers

10 ghouls

plan: exactly the same with list 1. Get my GKoTG up the board with the flayers and scr am like hell. When combat phase comes thenhopefully I've done enough damage with mortal wounds from ththe screams.

i think I prefer list 2, due to the GKoTG (my baby), but realistically I think list 1 has more potential as there's a lot more bodies on the ground and much more flexibility for ressurecting.

thoughts?

Think I prefer list 2 more myself.

With list 1 you'd have the x6 flayers near the varghulf, but with the varghulf being a lot softer a target than a TG I can just see it being singled out and killed asap. As soon as the varghulf is gone the most you're rolling is a 7 for your screams on targets at full bravery so the damage output is not going to be great, if you roll average and all the flayers are alive you're only rolling that 7 once per shooting phase.

With list 2 the TG should survive a fair bit longer and so allow you to do a lot more scream damage. You also get the bonus that if you know the TG isn't going to last much longer you can charge it into the most congested area possible and watch it explode and deal d3 mortal wounds to all the units it was close to. I know list 2 is short on bodies for holding objectives and a 10 man ghoul unit is a tempting target, but any firepower going into killing them off is firepower that is not going into the teeth of your army. Personally if I had flayers, an infernal courtier and a GKoTG rushing towards me I know where my firepower will be focused

or try this

General -  Crypt Infernal Courtier - dark wizardry - grim garland  - 140 points

Terrorgheist - 300 points

6 crypt flayers - 320 points

3 crypt flayers - 160 points

80 points for summoning a Tomb Banshee

1000 points on the nose.

All scream all the time

Archived