New to AoS/Death - advice please!

death's_accopmplice

Hi all new here and just looking for some advice.

I used to collect warhammer and 40k when I was 9-13 ish but never played properly, just painted some models to a fairly poor standard and hardly played at all. I've had a read of a lot of the threads on here so feel like I'm catching up with whats changed since I stopped - a lot! 

Anyway, I'm looking at a death army, just general death for now until there's more battletomes. I currently have the following:

- 1 x Necrach on nightmare  (old metal figure with hood and dagger)

- 1x Necrach (old metal figure with hood and dagger)

- 20x skeletons with spears and shields

- 20x skeletons with swords (and other close combat weapons, maces etc. but count as swords) and shields

- 3x dire wolves (to be added to if they are to be used obviously - just standard goblin wolf mounts)

- 8x empire knights to be converted to blood knights 

I was thinking of removing the daggers on the necrachs and replacing them with staffs to fit the warscroll for a necromancer so essentially I have 2 necromancers.

My main question is where to go next? I'm thinking start collecting! Death skeleton horde and deathrattle barrowlands box - would this give me a solid starting point for an army? 

Currently, only FEC, Soulblight and Nighthaunt have get their own allegiance abilities etc (courtesy of GB  2017). The only competitive  edge in exclusively using any of the other subfactions is really that you get more options for your Battleline units.

Archived