Does Silver Tower work narratively in the Old World?

Greyshadow

I have almost finished painting up Silver Tower and am looking to start gaming. Only issue is that the group wants to play with a party composed of our heroes from our long running Old World narrative campaign.

I was wondering if the text in the adventure book allows scope for this? I don't want to peak and no spoilers please. Man O War had floating Tzeentch towers in it so I feel the game could work set in the old world.

I believe so. 

This summer we ran a campaign with original WHQ, but had a scenario that sucked the pcs into the Silver Tower for a few adventures. It was a narratively driven attempt to experience both titles in one campaign. I created ST versions of the old world heroes (there's a thread in this forum) and they worked fine.

I imagine the Silver Towers existing outside of normal space and time. Heck, I've made BB and 40k characters for the game...

Thanks Mr White, that's great to hear. To be honest, if I had my way I'd have our Silver Tower games set firmly in the Mortal Realms. I like the idea of our characters forming the core of a Skirmish/Hinterlands warband before progressing to Path to Glory.

Am so looking forward to starting my first Silver Tower campaign!

Yes ... and no.

Basically, the Silver Tower causes people to forget things and time flows ... oddly. So one could deus ex machina them in.... but if you're going to use the characters narratively in the Skirmish and PtG ... and play outside your group I would recommend lookin for analogues that work...

There aren't official analogues for all of the characters from the original game. (The elf and witch hunter and halfling come to mind ...) 

You could do a deus ex machina with a "you're walking home from the pub (or fell asleep looking at the fire ... or ... insert circumstance) and the last thing you remember was a bump on the head and you wake up ... elsewhere ... some things that you thought you remember are fuzzy ... and your weapons look different ... so much time seems to have passed ... and yet ... no time has passed at all... has all this happened before? Or has it already happened ... you can't quite remember..."

Narratively it would allow you to bring your characters to the new environment. And the cool part is that ST allows you to play Cross Grand Alliance Faction. So, chaos with destruction with order with death ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In fact no, for there are no gaunt summoners in the Old World and Archaon would be no threat for them there in the first place, because the whole sense is to gather the mightiest heroes to free all summoners from the Archaon's iron grip. So no, ST does not fit in FB even in the slightest.

Archived