Alternative models: Skeletal Necromancer (Liche)?

Toddy

My growing Deathrattle army is looking for a Necromancer. Whilst the GW Necromancer is pretty cool, I'd much prefer a 'Skeleton' version to keep in theme!

Only obvious candidates I've come across are Arkhan the Black (but he's obviously Arkhan the Black! Plus I think the scale of the Mortarch rider is too large for a foot soldier), or the old Tomb King models. Most of the latter I've seen are rather old sculpts, and anyway look too Egyptian.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I converted the high elf mage from the old starter box with bits stolen from spare warsphynx riders to make my liche priest / skeletal necromancer:

tumblr_owc4lmmqDL1woua6zo3_540.jpg

Stole the idea from Storm-of-Iron's Arkhan conversion for his old Tomb Kings army (glaven.net/tomb-kings).
He just replaced the head, rather than the head, chest, and arms:

TK_Arkhan_1.jpg

Obviously the warsphynx rider bits might be a bit egyptian for you, and are very hard to come by these days regardless, but you might be able to rig up something similar using maybe grave guard or black knight bits.  Arkhan from the mortarch box is in a larger scale, his bits might not mix in as well.

19 minutes ago, Toddy said:

Thanks everyone! The conversions from the Spire of Dawn mage are great. Though I'm not really one for doing conversions myself. Have my eye on this chap: http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&prodcode=85&prodname=Necromancer+Lord&id=118&Itemid=53

Here is a decent option from Reaper. Pretty cheap too.

03428_w_1_large.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived