Archaon Khorne List

tolstedt

1 minute ago, Tizianolol said:

I got 3 unit of marauder for battleline, anyway what about varanguards? What weapon you prefer? I think with the once per battle 2 pile and plus 1 to hit from archa, Are sperare better?

Always spears.  Buffed with juggerlord they are ridiculous on the charge.  Average 14-21 wounds to a 4+ save on the charge with juggerlord +1 to wound and +1 attack from bloodsecrator.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye but it's hard put everything!! In 2000 we got only 1000 points to use ( 1000 for arch and varang)

-aspiring is same ability of secrator  but  one is 18" , the other is 6"of range . Aspiring cost 80 , bloodsecrator 120

- priest is 100, mighty lord is 140 but you can roll 3d6 and pick 2 highter , it helps  

- another problem is bloodwarriors got only 6 breavery, if I play 20/30 of them I think I need inspiring presence , and I wanna use my arch command ability for my plan. I look for another unit , maybe korghorath? A unit of 5 is 400 lol! They are undercosted now in my opinion! Bravery 6 but 8 wounds and I heal! What do you think?:)

Just now, Tizianolol said:

Ye but it's hard put everything!! In 2000 we got only 1000 points to use ( 1000 for arch and varang)

-aspiring is same ability of secrator  but  one is 18" , the other is 6" . Aspiring cost 80 , bloodsecrator 120

- priest is 100, mighty lord is 140 but you can roll 3d6 and pick 2 highter , it helps  

- another problem is bloodwarriors got only 6 breavery, if I play 20/30 of them I think I need inspiring presence , and I wanna use my arch command ability for my plan. I look for another unit , maybe korghorath? A unit of 5 is 400 lol! They are undercosted now in my opinion! Bravery 6 but 8 wounds and I heal! What do you think?:)

Lots of good ideas.

This is the gore pilgrims list.  It's up to each whether to take healing or bronzed flesh on either priest or split it up like I have here.
Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- Artefact: The Blade of Endless Bloodshed 
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Crimson Plate 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Resanguination
Archaon (700)
- General

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
3 x Varanguard (300)
- Ensorcelled Weapon
- Everchosen Battleline

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Total: 1960/ 2000

I like it! That's what I m thinking

archaon 700

lord of khorne jugg 140

- blades of endless bloodshed

( if i slay a model But at the same turn I have not scored blood tithes, I got anyway 1 blood tithe? If yes this is amazing !!)

Bloodstoker 80

bloodsecrator 120

10 bloodreavers 70

2x10 blood warriors 400

3 varanguards  300

- spears or ensorcelled?

2 khorgorath 160

Tot1970

warriors spitted can soff less from battleshock , they are battleline so I can play 2x10 bwar and only 10 maraud! Bloodstoker help me on charge , + 3 is sweet and it cost 80 only. With the points gained I can place 2 khorgho, I think a unit of 2 can be scary :)

Take the spears.  If you are buffing them to wound and the bloodsecrator they are 2+/2+/-2/2dmg on the charge

Which is like 6-13 wounds on a 2+ save.  If they have rerolls it's still 6-8 wounds likely.
Or 14-21 wounds on a 4+ save. 

And the once per game double pile in to finish anything off.  This can force your opponent to activate to try and kill the varangaurd and you can get a better swing somewhere else on the board.

12 hours ago, tolstedt said:

I'm into this one.  I wouldn't take the Warshrine, I prefer to put more MSU of bodies out.
How's this one go for you?

It is ok. Not ultra competetive power list, but I have fun. If you want to go competetive I think you have to take tzeentch, because the benefits for archie are awesome.

I rly love the warshrine, because it is a really hard to kill khorne priest for just 180 points and has totem keyword for your reavers. In my opinion it doesnt make sense to play a archie/khorne list without priest, because the heal on archie is one of the best things you get from khorne

1 hour ago, Louzi said:

It is ok. Not ultra competetive power list, but I have fun. If you want to go competetive I think you have to take tzeentch, because the benefits for archie are awesome.

I rly love the warshrine, because it is a really hard to kill khorne priest for just 180 points and has totem keyword for your reavers. In my opinion it doesnt make sense to play a archie/khorne list without priest, because the heal on archie is one of the best things you get from khorne

I also love the prayer to drag the enemy towards you.  Especially against a fast dragon.  

17 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Don't forget you also add +1 Bravery for every 10 models in a unit. So that unit of 20/30 Blood Warriors would really be Bravery 8 or 9 until it drops in numbers.

3 hours ago, tolstedt said:

You're welcome to post it here!

Not me who suggested it originally... But how about something like this (for a Tzeentch list)?:

Archaon  (Infusion Arcanum)

Lord of Change

Herald of Tzeentch (Aura of Mutability)

Gaunt Summoner

3 x 10 Pink Horrors

3 x 10 Blue Horrors

1 x 10 Brimstone Horrors

Changehost

1950/2000

Have someone cast Arcane Transformation on Archaon to give either his sword or claws an extra attack, keep the Herald close for the reroll 1's to wound and the potential to swap out for a unit of blue/brim horrors to act as chaff to let Archaon escape if needed. Gaunt for his spell to deal with large blobs you might not want to send Archaon into. Archaon casting Infusion Arcanum on himself for the +1 to hit and wound (alternatively use Treacherous Bond and cast it on the blue/brim horrors to have them die in his stead).  Three drop so fair chance at deciding who might go first.

7 hours ago, Hightime said:

Is Archaon able to take a spell from Tzeentch lore, I thought due to being a Nammed Character he couldn't?

Seems like a sweet list and having Destiny dice to almost guarantee he deletes a character is awesome.

Thats why he is so good in a tzeentch list. The + to hit/wound makes him worth the 700 points. I dont like the changehost in 1000 point games and without a changeling you havnt the best tricks of this battalion. In a Archie list I would probably go with kairos

I wanna post a list of tz with archaon too

archaon 700

- infusium arcanum

- general 

-chaos sorcerer lord 160

-tz mark

lord of chaos 100

- tz mark

chaos lord on manticore 250

- timeslipt pendant 

- tz mark

2x10 Marauders 120

-tz mark

20 warriors 360

- tz mark

-great blade 

3 varanguards 300

archa can infusium arcanum and mount benefit from it too ( 1s to hit Is a fail too unfortunatly) but it makes archa really really scary

- lord in manticore with lane can 1 per game 2 pile , it can change a combat with that, with tz mark he can cast Mystic shield!! Thats really good for our archi

-20 warrior with command ability of lord  and chaos lord( reroll save 1 , and rerolls charge battleshock and wound) with -1rend and 2 attacks can be really good and they are pretty tanky

what do you think?:)

What would you guys think of

Archaon

Jugger Lord

Bloodsecrator

Chaos Sorc on Manticore

10x Blood Warrior

10x Blood Warrior

30x Blood Letter

2x Khorgorath

Or drop Khorgoraths and add a Mighty Lord of Khorne.

Or add Harbinger of Decay instead of MLoK to give another 5 save for archaon

Have you guys play tested many of these lists?

8 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

I don't like sorcerer lord on manticore if you don't play tzeentch! You need destiny dice for cast it , and with infusium arcanum is scary in combat too:)

I don't have any tzeentch models :) It is perhaps something I can venture into but right now its Khorne orientated.

Anyway I want a Sorc Lord in there for re-roll saves. The 160 point one is so easy to snipe of the table for only 40 points more he is less so, especially against lists I tend to play. The spell casts on avg dice roll from 2d6, I can probably live with that.

Do you think better with MoLK or the one with more bodies?

Archived