Old Warhammer units/characters/items/rules you'd like to see return in some way shape or form

Double Misfire

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the newest tomb kings plastic kits need to return for a new battletome. Make the tomb guard models the new battline. That range would only need a few plastic heros and it's good to go. I can understand why most of the older stuff went, but the newest kits were beautiful.

On September 15, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Kaleb Daark said:

You're probably thinking of the grenadier undead war mammoth.

they went bust but the lines were bought by miriliton, 

http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=skeleton-war-mammoth-with-catapult&cName=fantasy-2528mm-undead

the goblin war giant was the inspiration for my warshrine conversion and sculpted by nick Lund who was  an early citadel legend.

http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=goblin-war-giant&cName=fantasy-2528mm-goblin

his giant black orcs are still brilliant and I loved the whole mongol theme he had going on with his orcs

Hot damn! I forgot about these guys, but I have them all in my attic, fully painted. The undead stuff was outstanding and that giant an 11. I gotta dig them out now and invent some rules - unless somebody out there already has?

On 24/09/2017 at 6:38 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

Actually this guy screams AoS like no other. Of all the characters to bring back this would be it.  

Arbaal the undefeated - I have that model!!

I can't help thinking that the Khorne lord from the starter set was based on him - the flesh hound, the reality splitting axe..

But yeah you could make an awesome ne kit for that guy with a truly huge flesh hound. I wish they would even make new flesh hounds!

There's really not a lot that should come back, that wouldn't be better served by new and fresh varients.

One concept I do miss though is named characters, we have a small number with rules, but given the depth of AoS, surely we can have a normal and named varient of many of the key Hero types?

It'd also be good to see some Regiments of Renown type units, something that you're limited to take 1 of within an army that improves on what's available, or grants a completely different concept. This is where I think FW could up their game for AoS by making conversion packs for units. For arguements sake, imagine an Ironjawz Brutes unit with Throwing Axes and Shields, or a Stormcast unit that hunts monsters using Halberds and "man-catchers"

On 24/09/2017 at 6:38 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

Actually this guy screams AoS like no other. Of all the characters to bring back this would be it.  

Rules wise  the Lord of Khorne on Jugger with The Mark of the Destroyer represents him pretty well if you've got the old model.  I'm thinking a conversion using Karanak would be awesome. 

On 24-9-2017 at 7:38 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

Yeah I think Khorgos Khul was initially designed to be the Arbaal, as the End Times even covers a little bit of story for him. For sure Khul isn't riding Grizzlemaw but any Lord with Fleshhound is allready quite unique and it's what the Mighty Lord of Khorne and Khorgos Khul has become. 

What's a bit dissapointing is that Khul on Warscroll doesn't remotely translate as much as his lore makes him out to be but so be it. Moral is we kinda allready have a Khorne Lord with Flesh Hound :P Now I also have to say I think it would be awesome to see Arbaal return offcourse!

Models I'd personally love to see and make a return would be indeed quite some of the initial Storm of Chaos models, in their own Age of Sigmarfied way. Flayerkin, the Goblin Hewer etc. At the same time though I think AoS is going in a great fantasy and dynamic direction allready. I don't miss the historically influenced models very much for example.

On 9/25/2017 at 6:20 AM, Jjfiv3 said:

I think the newest tomb kings plastic kits need to return for a new battletome. Make the tomb guard models the new battline. That range would only need a few plastic heros and it's good to go. I can understand why most of the older stuff went, but the newest kits were beautiful.

To be honest, every other basic undead trope is covered (i.e. ghouls, ghosts, vampires, zombies and skeletons), so I would like to see TK return as mummies.

Keep the recent plastics and Egyptian/desert vibe, but with an embalmed archetype  replacing the skeletal elements.

On 25/9/2017 at 3:10 PM, Menkeroth said:

Seconding on that  - sphinxes were the best of the best, and now I fear I will not be able to find them....

Depending on your club stance on proxies/alternative brands, there's these:

battle-sphinx.jpg

dread-sphinx.jpg

They're pricy (unless you got the KS) and resin which is an awful material to work with, but there are still options out there.

Archived