Can Exalted Greater Daemons (FW) take command traits and artefacts?

Phantajisto

Question

4 answers to this question

They aren't named, so nothing in the rules prevents them taking artefacts and command traits.

I wouldn't rely on warscroll builder, it's been known to get things wrong and all the actual rules suggest that this is ok.

They are unique (one per army) though, I can't think of any other unnamed characters with that rule, so that could be where the confusion arises.

I agree that they should be able to take traits and artefacts. They are badly overcosted if this is not the case. I've asked this question to the rules team.

They aren't named as discussed; they don't have named weapons or truly unique abilities (compare to Kairos Fateweaver who has Oracle of Eternity); and they aren't unique in the Lore. There are Eight of Them for Khorne - page 14 of the BoK book (cf. 9 Gaunt Summoners who can take traits and artefacts - and each have a Silver Tower full of treasure and artefacts for that purpose). I can understand that having more than one present would be unrealistic.

On 9/13/2017 at 7:15 AM, Phantajisto said:

eg. Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle - https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Great-Unclean-One-Greater-Daemon-of-Nurgle

You can't add traits or artefacts in the warscroll builder on the WH Community site, and they are tagged as 'Unique' but they aren't named characters so I thought they could take a trait and artefact...

Any ideas?

Eguo can take traits and artifacts. Key is you can take multiples..so he isn't a unique/named character. However he can't be the required GUO in a tallyband formation because it requires a GUO and not any model with the GUO keyword.

Archived